What about OPEN?

5 posters

Go down

What about OPEN? Empty What about OPEN?

Post by factknowhow 1/22/2012, 12:56 pm

Sopa is dead. Pipa is gone. What about Open? I heard about this new thing called open that was supposed to be the better of sopa and pipa. I don't know much about politics, but I think congress is underestimating the people. I think this guy had a good idea, but it may be a hard thing to do if you'really planning on buying anything in march:

BLACK MARCH

Thursday, March 1st to Saturday, March 31st, 2012

With the continuing campaigns for Internet-censoring legislation such as SOPA and PIPA, the closure of sites such as Megaupload under allegations of ‘piracy’ and ‘conspiracy’, the time has come to take a stand against music, film, and media companies’ lobbyists.

The only way is to hit them where it hurts.

Their profit margins.

March 2012 is the end of the 1st quarter in economic reports worldwide.

Do not buy a single record. Do not download a single song, legally or illegally. Do not go see a single film in cinemas, or download a copy. Do not buy a DVD in the stores. Do not buy a videogame. Do not buy a single book or magazine.

Wait the four weeks to buy them in April; see the film later, etc. Holding out for just four weeks, maximum, will leave a gaping hole in media and entertainment companies’ profits for the 1st quarter, an economic hit which will in turn be observed by governments worldwide as stocks and shares will blip from a large enough loss of incomes.

This action will give a statement of intent:

“We will not tolerate the Media Industries’ lobbying for legislation which will censor the internet.”

Don't know if you'll agree, but feel free to correct me in my thinking of what congress is trying to do and what we are supposed to do to counteract it. :)
factknowhow
factknowhow
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

What about OPEN? Empty Re: What about OPEN?

Post by JAMESTHEJRAGON 1/22/2012, 3:09 pm

Actually a lot of the music industries are against it and that the economy is bad enough as it is without us purposely attacking it not saying its a terrible idea just saying personally i dont think its where we are at right now.
JAMESTHEJRAGON
JAMESTHEJRAGON
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by factknowhow 1/22/2012, 3:59 pm

I actually hold no understanding of what that means, for I do not watch the news or am up to date with the latest news.
factknowhow
factknowhow
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 1/22/2012, 4:01 pm

factknowhow wrote:I actually hold no understanding of what that means, for I do not watch the news or am up to date with the latest news.

Then should you really be promoting such events with no understanding of them?

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by factknowhow 1/22/2012, 4:07 pm

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:
factknowhow wrote:I actually hold no understanding of what that means, for I do not watch the news or am up to date with the latest news.

I actually do understand the whole Sopa/pipa/open idea, just not the wole thing tha james said. Everyone I know actually understands somewhat about politics, and they are against it, therefore making me against it.

factknowhow
factknowhow
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by InitialBN 1/22/2012, 5:30 pm

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:

I believe he's just bringing it to our attention, anyway. Maybe wanting some explaining.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMESTHEJRAGON 1/22/2012, 6:05 pm

Well all i actually meant is that, to break it down, Firstly A lot of the music industry is agains it because whilst it will supposedly stop their material from popping up illegally if Youtube dissappeared it wouldnt just be the illegal video it would be the regular videos they have uploaded as well, there is actually a lot more to it than that but I listened to a large thing on it and thats the most understandable thing i got out of it. Also I just meant the U.S. Economy is better than it was like last year but not much boycotting all the media could be a big hit to the economy which is just what as far as i know we really dont need right now, and all the other bills have been shot down within a few days of big sites such as google and wikipedia going after them, I dont knw too much about OPEN but i assume the same could be done for it
JAMESTHEJRAGON
JAMESTHEJRAGON
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 1/22/2012, 6:38 pm

We don't have to worry about this stuff. The American people know the difference between legal issues and communism. BTW, this stuff is borderline communism. If we limit the internet, whats to say we'll stop there? If we can't stop this, how can we stop the Government from limiting news, or anything else?

Just a point.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down