I'm Completely Serious About This. Yet, You Don't Seem To Care.

+4
InvertPanda
ChaosTheoryJRH
Subject_217
Intengent
8 posters

Go down

I'm Completely Serious About This. Yet, You Don't Seem To Care. Empty I'm Completely Serious About This. Yet, You Don't Seem To Care.

Post by Intengent 11/29/2011, 12:13 am

Well, I come onto Oasis to check on my house, my items were gone from my chest... whoop-dee-doo. Gladly, somehow I found evidence. First one is a person who claims who have seen the griefers but, won't disclose their identity. They posted signs on my door saying they saw the griefers and burned them. He later posted a remark about all my records. Though, that sign had better grammar than the others. Second evidence, a sign in my basement in the "Meth Lab" where some brewing stands are missing and the enchanting table, gone. I see a sign saying, "parkoursnail's room." That Bumbling slow-witted oaf posted his identity in my house. Don't believe me? Here, let me call your parent's for yo- Oh, wrong story. Well, here are the pictures:

Signs on door. Some blown up by a creeper incident:
I'm Completely Serious About This. Yet, You Don't Seem To Care. 2011-123

Sign evidence:
I'm Completely Serious About This. Yet, You Don't Seem To Care. 2011-124

Intengent
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

I'm Completely Serious About This. Yet, You Don't Seem To Care. Empty Re: I'm Completely Serious About This. Yet, You Don't Seem To Care.

Post by Subject_217 11/29/2011, 12:26 am

solution:

Build 50 blocks underground, like I do

Do this with a friend, so that your house is watched over more often

hide the entrance

I know you prefer to build aboveground and you make good houses, but the flashier, the more attractive it is to griefers. We aren't going to have LogBlock until all the bukkit crap gets updated, so for now, just try to be inconspicuous.

And camouflage your chests behind walls and such to hopefully cut down on theft. A lot of people are just there to get in and get out, and if they don't see a lot of value, they're not going to start snooping around, they're going to leave and try somewhere flashier.

Also, nice meth lab. I call mine the gypsy cave, but whatever.

Last edited by Subject_217 on 11/29/2011, 12:29 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)

Subject_217
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

I'm Completely Serious About This. Yet, You Don't Seem To Care. Empty Re: I'm Completely Serious About This. Yet, You Don't Seem To Care.

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 11/29/2011, 12:53 am

Intengent, while I am sorry that you are continually griefed, there is literally nothing we can do about it.
These continued post of yours, and others, unfortunate griefing serve no purpose.
As of now, and until we get bukkit and our plugins back, please build farther from spawn, and camouflage/hide your house to the best of your ability.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertPanda 11/29/2011, 6:35 am

What do you propose we do without having LogBlock or any other anti-grief plugin at the moment? It's not that we don't take it seriously, we physically can't do much about it unless you witness it happening and have screenshots.
InvertPanda
InvertPanda
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 11/29/2011, 9:11 am

guys remember this is a Temp map, when bukkit updates and we move to the proper map, then these issues won't happen.

As you will be able to lock your chests and any "missing" blocks will be checked so we know who did what
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Intengent 11/29/2011, 9:17 am

I still don't understand griefing, or squatting into people's houses, or looting. It's completely pointless. Yes, I do take this game seriously but, I want to have the fun aspect of it, where we can all build without worrying, there's a great community, and fun times. Griefing is pointless to me, what do you accomplish? Just unhappy people out to get you, eh? Well, thanks for the help, I know you care now, I know you're trying to the best of your ability. Just please, try to believe me. I don't make this up just to get people banned, this really happens to me.

Intengent
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariley 11/29/2011, 9:28 am

Intengent wrote:I still don't understand griefing, or squatting into people's houses, or looting. It's completely pointless. Yes, I do take this game seriously but, I want to have the fun aspect of it, where we can all build without worrying, there's a great community, and fun times. Griefing is pointless to me, what do you accomplish? Just unhappy people out to get you, eh? Well, thanks for the help, I know you care now, I know you're trying to the best of your ability. Just please, try to believe me. I don't make this up just to get people banned, this really happens to me.

No, we do understand you're not just making shit up. That wouldn't be very nice. And if there was literally anything we could do, we would. But vanilla minecraft has no way to detect who placed/destroyed blocks, so, that being the case, we're pretty much hopeless atm.

I'm expecting Bukkit to be released in the next couple of days. When that happens, I can get to work and have our mods and plugins updated to fit 1.0, put the permanent map up, and all will be right with the world. Your buildings will once again be protected.
Ariley
Ariley
Oasis SMP Founder

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 11/29/2011, 10:16 am

Intengent wrote:I still don't understand griefing, or squatting into people's houses, or looting. It's completely pointless.

I know, but it's the same as robbers in real life, everyone has their own point of view one thing, while you think of being a nice person, the griefers think to be the bad person, ain't that why is the world balanced? Good x Bad.
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariley 11/29/2011, 11:07 am

Without evil, there would be no good. Without grief, there would be no joy. Without gay, there would be no straight.

...maybe.
Ariley
Ariley
Oasis SMP Founder

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by acsempronio 11/29/2011, 11:34 am

Ariley92 wrote:Without gay, there would be no straight.

...maybe.

Butthenagainmaybenotnohomo.

acsempronio
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down