You see... I replaced the gold!

+2
Kevo235
Eronoc
6 posters

Go down

Is replacing the stolen goods still griefing?

You see... I replaced the gold! I_vote_lcap71%You see... I replaced the gold! I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 12 ]
You see... I replaced the gold! I_vote_lcap29%You see... I replaced the gold! I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

You see... I replaced the gold! Empty You see... I replaced the gold!

Post by Eronoc 10/12/2011, 8:20 pm

Well... title says it all. I was banned by FinalWorld... in some kind of REALLY confusing post. Like... 2 weeks after I took 46 gold ingots for 15 minutes, then replaced them. What the crap? I mean, I don't really know how you guys work but if they take it for 15 minutes, feel bad, replace it, then log off, I don't think that is griefing. And then it takes 2 weeks for the ban? I have not even been on until now, so I had forgotten that I even did the steal/replace. Plus, I have no idea what the mod is even banning me for... was I hacked? I mean, it just said...
Changotx and HeilumZ and Eronoc + Revord + Halmox are banned for my left brain divided by pokemon for greifing no-nos by me at the date of this post

What? What does that even mean? What were we banned for? When were we banned? Why is the post so confusing? Oh well. Thanks for listening to this ramble. Unbanning would be nice, but if not, at least delete my account, posts, and all memory of me. Thanks!

Eronoc
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

You see... I replaced the gold! Empty Re: You see... I replaced the gold!

Post by Kevo235 10/12/2011, 8:47 pm

The staff makes at least 5 banned players threads a day, so you can't blame them for trying to have a little bit of fun.

I voted no, but to clarify my vote, it IS Griefing, technically, but I don't think it should be labelled as such. You should have told whoever you took those ingots from that you were taking them and going to replace them. I think you should be unbanned though.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 10/12/2011, 9:14 pm

If you take something then the least you can do is put it back - and in most cases will be asked (depending on the item and how much). Remember every block placed by any player can be found out, same for any block a player may break.

Now, as for putting it back after 15 minutes, then getting banned 2 weeks later... well chances are you griefed somewhere else and didn't put it back, as when Staff are informed of a grief they go check it out (same if they happen to see one). however if the items have been put back then no one will know there had been a grief, so nothing will be checked.

As for the quote - the format is incorrect and if you look at the other "convicted player" threads, that is how they normally are.

Either way, puting an item back is still griefing as you shouldn't have taken it in the first place (less it's in the PvP world which case feel free), but i doubt very much this was the reason you were banned. as replacing the item would have made it appear like nothing had been done, so, like i mentioned above, wouldn't have been checked.

dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by D3stniMan 10/13/2011, 7:37 am

I'm loling so hard at the reason of them getting banned XD No-noes FTW?
D3stniMan
D3stniMan
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariley 10/13/2011, 1:07 pm

To see through FinalWorld's ramble... (he's quite the character) you were banned for griefing. That's it.

Also, it's harder for us to tell when things were taken from chests, so I'm sure you were found with an incident of griefing actual blocks, that you didn't replace.

The only time we find out about griefs anyway are when people call them to our attention. I doubt whoever's gold you took then replaced would have even known about it.
Ariley
Ariley
Oasis SMP Founder

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalWorld 10/16/2011, 1:01 am

To be honest, I had no idea you stole the gold ingots. My concern was directed towards your greifing of somebody's home. You see, one of our plugins permits us to see what blocks were edited. Several blocks were destroyed of a guy's home... Therefore, I banned you under that premise. I apologize your time at oasis had to end like this, but I do hope you have a nice day :)
FinalWorld
FinalWorld
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

http://www.QLBACON.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down