Remic's Ban Appeal

2 posters

Go down

Remic's Ban Appeal Empty Remic's Ban Appeal

Post by Rembic 4/2/2021, 2:13 am

Minecraft Username: Rembic

Mod/Admin who banned you: Console

Reason you were banned: massive staff disrespect and arguments

Reason you believe you should be unbanned: I admit it, yes I did say the f-word and called someone an idiot. I did start an argument with 2 staff members I made an AFK water system but I didn't know that was bannable. I am very sorry for saying the f-word I did and I sincerely mean it. I will never say that again in oasis nor to another person and I'm sincerely sorry for calling them those names.

How it all started
I was making a gunpowder farm when it all happened. I had paid Marco10k 300 for a trident but he was selling them for 600 but I didn't have enough at the time so I gave him 300 and I would've paid him 300 in 2 days so I can give him 300 more the next 2 days. Then, I go to where I'm gonna build my farm and I throw the trident and I saw the when u pick an item up it goes to the person, but it went into the air and I saw a little nametag saying agwyn and so I said hey agwyn can I please have my trident back and they responded with, " I don't have your trident " and I said can I just have trident back and they kept saying I don't have your trident so then that's where I said just give back my trident. Then that's where they sent a screenshot of our inventory and I knew they were lying because I had my bow in the 3rd row in my hot bar but in the screenshot, it shows it in the 4th slot, not the 3rd so that's where I said can I have my trident back u f***ing idiot. Since I was already mad because I played bedwars before joining oasis I didn't care about what I said and I'm just really sorry and I just wanna get back on oasis and play because it is a good server protecting the bad from the good but if I can't ever get on then that's okay I will wholeheartedly understand

Rembic
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Remic's Ban Appeal Empty Re: Remic's Ban Appeal

Post by Agwyn 4/2/2021, 9:35 pm

Good Evening Rembic, while I was not the one who banned you; I will explain my side of the story for the public and some of the justification for why I should have banned you but, I did not at the time. Your ban would happen later after a review of the incident.

Chapter 2: SMP Server Rules, Section IV. Building Rules, h. Automatic Farms & AFK Farming
Firstly AFK in this case will refer to not only being away from keyboard but also idling in the same location, and any attempt to stop yourself idling by using a mod or "AFK pool" will be punished when by an auto farm.

In your appeal you mention that you didn’t know the ‘afk water system’ was bannable, but you are a member, which would have required you to read our server rules. Applying for member is like agreeing to any video game ToS (Terms of Service). Not reading our rules and then breaking them does not excuse what you did – ‘ignorance of the law excuses no one’ doctrine.

When I confronted you about that day in question, I asked you to take it down because it would get you banned, you said you would the next day. That was our agreement and you followed through with it – I could respect that. Not only were you working on a gunpowder farm, but there was also a drowned farm nearby on my return.

Now as to the trident part:

1) Why would I steal from a player? As a Staff who has been Staff for over 5 years and worked my way up from Junior Moderator to Admin, it makes zero sense for me to steal and lie about it because it hurts my credibility and the Server Staff’s credibility and player’s trust in them.

2) As admin I have OP, I can make items more powerful than you as a player could ever hope to create, stealing your trident is pointless.

3) As Staff I have Creative mode – I can obtain any item in this game easily – again, why would I steal your trident?

4) I backed up my claims to you that I did not have your trident with a screenshot, that shows your inventory a little differently than you see it when you push ‘e’ (or whatever button you have ‘inventory’ mapped to) because obviously it would have a different HUD for me as it was a command. Hence why when you mention that my screenshot did not look like you were expecting. I had no tridents in my inventory, but you had one in your inventory with Impaling 5, Loyalty 3 and Mending. That was the one I thought you were referring to. You told me you had a second one which was the on I ‘stole’, which made me wonder about why you needed to buy a second from Marco anyway.

As you did all this publicly forcing me to defend myself from your slander, I will once again post the same logs I did then showing that I did not ‘pick up a trident’ the logs record the pickup of items:

Remic's Ban Appeal Pictur10

So again, I did not have your trident then or ever. I have never even used a trident on this server because I have no interest in them nor do I need weapons as I have godmode (both as Staff as and as previous donor).

What got you banned from Oasis was the fact that you decided to take your anger out on me, when I had done nothing wrong, provided poof, and you still kept slandering me publicly. Players even told you it was not me and you attacked them. I decided after you left, to escalate this to the Owner, just to verify that I did not take your trident and could not have. We discussed it and the result of his investigation was that it was impossible for what you claimed to have occurred, to have occurred, to the best of our knowledge. Based on your recorded behaviour, which you admit too, was what resulted in his decision to ban you.

While it is not in my power to unban you – I hope you learned a very strong lesson about anger management and respect and that you can apply it going forward in your life. I wish you all the best.
Agwyn
Agwyn
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down