+2
2iguys
Heather_5716
6 posters

Go down

Heather_5716's Staff Application  Empty Heather_5716's Staff Application

Post by Heather_5716 8/29/2019, 1:29 am

Minecraft username: Heather_5716

How long have you been playing on THIS server?: Nearly 4 years (my forums join date is January 2016, and I joined the server a little while before I made a forums account. I wasn’t tech savvy enough to figure it out back then).

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: Oasis SMP is the only server I play on, I plan to be on as much as I’m able to. I will most likely be joining in the evenings on weeknights and popping in throughout the day on weekends (or spending a solid 12 hours on, cause that does happen sometimes, whoops). My login times will vary from 45 minutes to 10 hours, depending on how much school work I have, or general life/adult things (can I call myself an adult? I’m old enough to vote but I still eat fruit roll ups and cheese strings). 

Name any JrMods, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you: 2iguys (sorry, he’s biased)  

Why do you deserve to be part of the Oasis Staff team? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?:

I deserve to be part of the Oasis Staff team because I feel that my character and morals align with the values of the Oasis community. My level of honesty and integrity is something I hold in high regard, as well as my ability to be respectful of those from all walks of life, among other things. I would like to add that I have a pristine record on Oasis (except for 1 kick, thanks Ken- I was saying how I’d never been kicked/banned).

As an Oasian, I always welcome new players to the server and encourage them to read the rules and have fun (and welcome returning players). I answer questions in chat if I know the answer to them, and If I don’t I’ll ask someone who does know, or reference google/the forums (depending on the question). I let new players know some of our basic commands (and If they’ve played for a while as a guest, I’ll explain how to apply for member). If players (new or not) are struggling (aka dying), I will offer them help, whether that be physical items like blocks or food, or getting revenge on the mobs that killed them to get their stuff back. I often offer free help for building, terraforming, gathering resources, etc in chat as well. If anyone asks for an item I will give it to them if I have some, and if I don’t, I’ll go collect some. I am dedicated to helping people and improving not only their day, but their experience on the server. I also try to participate in as many community events as I can (heck, I met my boyfriend of over 2 years at an Oasis Movie Night). I think demonstrating all of the above behavior as a staff member would encourage players to be friendly, be vocal in discord/chat, participate in events such as build-offs, or UHC, etc. 

I would be an excellent junior moderator because I insist on following community rules and guidelines for the sake of every individual's health, safety, and enjoyment of the game. I am not however, a stick in the mud. If someone proves that they honestly made a mistake, or recognize their wrong doing and apologize for it, a second chance can be arranged (depending on the severity of the occurrence of course). As for staffing experience, well I’m lacking in that department; I've used World Edit and Voxel a few times on personal worlds, and I'm an Admin on the 2iguys Pixelmon server, so I do know a few basic staffing commands. I’m always more than happy to learn new commands/tools and I pick up on things rather quickly (and write them down so I don’t have to bother everyone for reminders). 

I love everything about Oasis, I love the rules (griefing sucks), I love the players (and staff too), I love what we do as a community, I don’t like the way Mike pronounces Oasian.. No, but really, I really love this community, over these last few years it's become a second home for me, and I’m sad that sometimes I drifted away from that home, but I always came back and have been welcomed with open arms (oh no, here comes the waterworks). Seriously I love you guys, thank you for the friends, laughs, cries, laughing so hard till I cry, just… everything. I can’t imagine a world without this Minecraft server (oof, that sounds quite cheesy, sorry-not-sorry). I am proud to call myself a part of this community and I would be honoured to be even considered as a staff member. 

Thank you for spending the time to read my application (albeit a tad-cheesy) and for your consideration. 

Heather

Last edited by Heather_5716 on 8/31/2019, 2:05 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing a grammar mistake... Adding more about previous experience..)
Heather_5716
Heather_5716
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Heather_5716's Staff Application  Empty Re: Heather_5716's Staff Application

Post by 2iguys 8/29/2019, 1:31 am

vouch all the way!  *(Yes I am biased as we are literally 2 years dating)*
I totally believe you would make a great staff member and you have my full support!

<3
2iguys
2iguys
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by kaldog06 8/29/2019, 5:17 pm

Vouch

kaldog06
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raybiii 8/30/2019, 8:14 pm

Your app seems kind of short. I would suggest maybe adding experiences with staffing on anything, minecraft command knowledge and other possible things you could bring to the table for oasis that makes you different than other players. So, because of this I wont vouch now but maybe after some changes. Wish you the best of luck heather!
Raybiii
Raybiii
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather_5716 8/31/2019, 2:10 am

I did have a section on staffing experience, I've now expanded it to be more in-depth. Thank you for your opinion.
Heather_5716
Heather_5716
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 8/31/2019, 11:19 am

Heather_5716's Staff Application  SRXbv0L
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner