Chase's (deadrory) Staff Application!

2 posters

Go down

Chase's (deadrory) Staff Application! Empty Chase's (deadrory) Staff Application!

Post by deadrory 3/26/2019, 11:59 pm

Minecraft username: It is currently deadrory. Previously, it was NekoNebula_ and then it was Treesus_.

How long have you been playing on THIS server?: Contradictory to my account saying 2017--- I've been here since mid 2016. I started at the beginning of my sophomore year and that most definitely wasn't 2017.

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: I'm on everyday, usually at least five hours or longer. I live and breath Oasis.

Name any JrMods, Mods, SrMods or Admins who would vouch for you: I haven't asked anyone, because this is a very unannounced application. Please let me know in the comments if you are willing to vouch for me!

Why do you deserve staff status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?:

Who am I?
Hello members of Oasis. I'm Chase. Most of you would know me as Treesus or Neko if not my real name... newer members might call me Rory. I am a motivated young man living in the mid-west United States, working hard to raise money for my education. I am 18 years old and I am already attending college classes during my senior year of high school. I believe myself to be mature and disciplined enough to help this server and its community through actions taken as staff. What follows is why I believe that I deserve staff.

What does this server mean to me?
I have absolute dedication to this server. I love it here and it is genuinely my home. The people of Oasis are the most remarkable human beings and I love being able to contribute to this community! I may not be a high rank but I have been working so hard to grow and show my worth here. I may very well be biased, but in my eyes, rank doesn't matter so much. What matters is that I am here to stay. What matters is my desire and drive to further push this server to be the best it can. I am so proud to call myself a part of this community.

Why do I want staff?
I want to be constructive to this community. By that, I mean that I want to not only keep this server at its current standing... but I'd love to help this server grow in every positive way possible. I'm ready to put on my jacket, and step into the real world to get serious. This server has the best leadership among staff, and I wish to join those ranks and make sure everyone has a good time and that no player is committing wrongdoings to threaten the enjoyment of others.

What have I accomplished during my time on Oasis?
I feel like I have contributed a great deal to this server. I may not be an architect or anything, but I sure love to build! My ideology is to go big or to go home. Every map I have a grand project in mind. This current map I have mostly focused upon secret societies and mystery among them. I don't think anyone but certain friends have deciphered the meaning behind my motives yet though! I am currently creating the "Pink Army". Now, malicious as it sounds... the Pink Army is not a real army! It is a group of workers coming together to build something grand and to support each other. Everyone is welcome to join! I encourage uniformity and collaboration by having a uniform for each member, as well as a community chest to store resources so we can put together an amazing town. The goal is for all of us to feel as though we belong to something meaningful and to understand that we all have value! I have GREAT plans for this town and I KNOW they will benefit the server and the community's enjoyment--- but you will have to wait to see it. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. Aside from my builds and groups, I think I have made a name for myself. Well... many names considering the name changes. My first map I reached rank 7 on baltop! Hooray! I accomplished this by building my first town and selling plots. Later on, I delved further into the more social part of Oasis, befriending many. This map I have reached my highest point yet as far as activity, and I only wish for this activity to grow exponentially!

How am I helpful to others on the server?
I love to help others. I genuinely love it. There is something about it that makes my heart tingle when I can tell that my support has led them to accomplish something they wanted to do. It's almost like my way of giving back for all the help I've received from others. I'm always willing to critique others, but in a constructive way. I'm here to educate, demonstrate, and elaborate. I usually learn plenty from others too! I also fancy lending a helping hand with resources, or a random gift of diamonds to a new player that is struggling to get by. I may not be the top best at it, but I also love to help other's build! My simplest, yet in my opinion most important way of helping the community is my strong sense of loyalty to Oasis. By that I mean, I cherish this server. I tell my friends about this server. I'm welcoming to everyone on this server and I am always beyond excited to meet new players when they join Oasis! As staff, I plan to keep up my current behaviors, but also to use my new privileges to further assist any players that are in need. It pains me to see players who are going through troubles such as grief, or a troll who unexpectantly joins the server while we sit online waiting for staff. I hope to make the difference, no matter how big or small... I want to prevent anyone from ever feeling that way as long as it is in my control.

What are my beliefs on staff responsibilities? What will I do to ensure a better server for everyone? 
I'm going to college to be an educator. More specifically, I'm going for communication studies. Communication is important. Understanding others is important. Enforcement of rules combined with the skills to properly execute and educate upon the difference between good and bad behavior is important. As staff, the ability to be able to get along with the community while maintaining order is critical. Rules are important and I cannot stress enough that those who deliberately break rules need to be punished. I believe in second chances as I think everyone has the ability to learn and grow, however under my watch, they will need a strong, worthy and sincere appeal. Those who are new and may accidentally break a rule, especially if it is repetitive, I will give a gentle warning. Perhaps a mute or a temp ban. I understand that mistakes can be made by those that are uninformed; however, this is not an excuse for bad behavior without learning from your mistakes.

What are my final thoughts?
I have been on this server for a good chunk of time. I most certainly intend to continue to be just as active for years to come. Hopefully even more active once I buy a better laptop. I want to end this by restating that I love this server. I love everyone that is a part of it. It feels like I truly belong here. With that said, I would like to become further involved with this server as a staff member. I guarantee I will dedicate my time to this server and I will use my new privileges if accepted in the best way possible: keeping the community content, prosperous, and at home. Thank you.

Last edited by NekoNebula_ on 3/27/2019, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos. I hate typos.)
deadrory
deadrory
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Chase's (deadrory) Staff Application! Empty Re: Chase's (deadrory) Staff Application!

Post by Ruby_Duskwalker 3/27/2019, 5:56 pm

Big vouch! You're a natural leader and would make a great staff member! Good luck!

Ruby_Duskwalker
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down