Oasis 1.13 Poll

+2
2iguys
Kenyanot
6 posters

Go down

What path would you like us to take for 1.13?

Oasis 1.13 Poll  I_vote_lcap84%Oasis 1.13 Poll  I_vote_rcap 84% 
[ 27 ]
Oasis 1.13 Poll  I_vote_lcap16%Oasis 1.13 Poll  I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 32

Oasis 1.13 Poll  Empty Oasis 1.13 Poll

Post by Kenyanot 6/17/2018, 11:08 pm

OASIS NEEDS YOUR HELP!

We are working on our plans for 1.13 and need players feedback!
We want to make sure this is the best and most wanted plan for oasis so we can get back on track. First off, I have added a poll with two paths we can pick from and we need your votes.

*First Option*

- Complete SMP map reset allowing for a 1.13 generated main world. The introduction of a resource world. New updates to our server and ingame ranks. New plugins and possible custom world generation.

*Second Option*
- SMP duel map setup meaning current map and a 1.13 map. New updates to our server and ingame ranks. New Plugins.

After you vote in our poll we would also like for people to comment with ideas, plugins you would like to see, rank ideas, and the most important thing, what can we do to bring more players back to the server?

Kenyanot
Kenyanot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Oasis 1.13 Poll  Empty Re: Oasis 1.13 Poll

Post by 2iguys 6/17/2018, 11:52 pm

I don't have all that much I can suggest when it comes to ways to get more stable player base, as I am not a majorly active member anymore, but I think as from what I have heard of other players previously some really like towny style setups, so maybe the option to create a town using a towny plugin (but not make it mandatory) especially for those who run large areas like Zorah, Deltania, Azrelia, and the many others that have popped up recently. Also scheduling minigame events on the forums and in-game with a week or few's weeks notice so that people can be on (might increase activity in minigames server) and overall having more staff on during peak hours (Which I already understand is extremely hard to maintain) those are many things I can think of.  ALSO when it comes to ranks. Donator ranks that get disguises should be updated as there are many new mobs that even as a 200$+ donator cannot be used, such as Llamas, Parrots, Polar Bears; not to mention I think it would be cool to be able to disguise as blocks, which I believe is a feature of the plugin currently in use. Thanks All :)
2iguys
2iguys
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenyanot 6/18/2018, 12:55 am

I love towny! I would be so excited if we could bring that to oasis but I do worry if we have a good amount of players for it.
Kenyanot
Kenyanot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by 2iguys 6/18/2018, 12:56 am

Kenyanot wrote:I love towny! I would be so excited if we could bring that to oasis but I do worry if we have a good amount of players for it.

it could potentially draw more players?
2iguys
2iguys
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine 6/18/2018, 1:45 am

Oasis is a place where people come to have fun on a well developed community. Ranks have been as they have been for a while now and although I would love updated ranks I also do not want more ranks to be added unless I know what they are and what they would do. Ranks are a big part of the server and adding a rank could do many things to a server. If the staff team could maybe give us an idea on what the ranks could be that would make players more sure of the choice they made and altogether make it a less stressful and more happy decision to go and add more ranks. For the resource pack and stuff, Sounds like a great idea but I think that the pack should not change the game to much and it should overall keep Oasis close to what it was before. In my opinion Towny sounds like an amazing idea. Although, if we added Towny we would need to do a reset to the hole Oasis map or, we could make a duel map and one being Towny free and the other one being with Towny. That would pull more players in to both areas and eventually adding to one being deleted depending on what the community wants. For world generation, I believe that it could cause major issues to the world like it did in the current map. Those issues might not happen again but I am probably a lot of other players would like to see Oasis stay as SMP as possible. Towny would make the server a economy server and that raised a red flag to me because Oasis is a SMP-MiniGame-etc. server. I absolutely love this server to pieces and I will support any change it has unless it is for the worse. I would talk about ranks a lot and also about adding plugins. 

Have an amazing week everyone--
Blaine
Blaine
Blaine
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenyanot 6/18/2018, 8:30 pm

We are still in the planning stage so not sure what we would do with ranks. Add more ranks or add new perks or something else.
Kenyanot
Kenyanot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by BABlaze 6/19/2018, 3:31 am

I think that bringing in towney would be amazing!

Also just to shoot the idea out there I think it would be cool to see a couple more voted ranks like oasian.

Another idea I got is that it might be cool to change member to 3 or 4 different ranks all on par but with different kits allowing guests to have more options when applying. Like for instance builder or farmer or miner etc. and trusted/trusted+ could be continuations of one of those rather than separate ranks.

A mid month promos might be cool for as well for trusted promotions and trusted+ promotions to spread things out more and keep people more engaged allowing for another time to host games and stuff.

BABlaze
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 2iguys 6/19/2018, 10:34 am

In regards to job related ranks. We could just add a jobs plugin and people can pick 1 job to have as a way to make some money. It’s easier to do and it allows you to configure how much or how little is given to the player. I like the idea of that though.
2iguys
2iguys
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenyanot 6/19/2018, 1:58 pm

Jobs plugin would be great and would work well with a resource world!
Kenyanot
Kenyanot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by BABlaze 6/19/2018, 3:27 pm

I would be down for that ken! ^^

Also idk if this is possible but it might be cool to have a server wide texture pack, not a complicated one that would rek ppls fps but maby the faithful texture pack or something just to make it stand out more to new players.

We might be able to get more players if we can make the server even more unique to the new players so less of them see it as being the same as any other smp server. By this I mean doing things like changing guest to castaway/wanderer or making the world gen favor desserts or something idk its just an idea.

BABlaze
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by samusamalaya 6/20/2018, 10:10 am

Towny would be interesting, although I see it as a bit too competitive. I do agree with Blaine that making Oasis an economic server raises some red flags for me too. From past experience going onto other towny servers, handling towns is quite difficult.
Though this is only an opinion, and not a suggestion to ignore the idea that it could be fun.

However I would like to add that a /sit plugin would be amazing, especially if we do end up also going for towny.
samusamalaya
samusamalaya
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenyanot 6/20/2018, 10:49 am

Yeah, I play on a towny server and its a completely different kind of community than what we have so it would have to be something we think about. I love it tho before I joined oasis, I used to play on a pixelmon/towny server and it was a lot of fun and a good way to make new friendships in towns but towny does not work good unless you have a lot of people playing it. At least 50-100 player on all the time and new players joining.
Kenyanot
Kenyanot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by BABlaze 6/21/2018, 3:56 pm

Maby we should consider getting someone to do a yt series of 5+ videos on oasis to promote it to potential new players. When i google oasis on yt all i find are like 3 videos that are years old.  and like 10 from other variations of the name oasis smp making it confusing what server is ours.

BABlaze
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentSubscriber 6/24/2018, 4:19 pm

Good idea blaze, I'd love to start a new series when we go to 1.13. If you need some light editing with promotional vids, i'll be happy to help.

-Silent
SilentSubscriber
SilentSubscriber
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCajwveudwmWWcs3b3ItnTnw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down