Regarding the Server Reset (and other things!)

+2
NebulaNet
madscientist032
6 posters

Go down

Regarding the Server Reset (and other things!) Empty Regarding the Server Reset (and other things!)

Post by madscientist032 1/19/2018, 10:44 am

Hey everyone, and welcome to 2018!!  

As you all may (or may not) know, the staff and I have been hard at work trying to perform a server reset. It was promised a while ago and I’m sorry we never pulled through. What ended up happening was we put too much on the plate and over committed, and we didn’t deliver. And nothing I can say or do will properly express how terrible I feel about not giving the community what they asked for in a timely manner.  

However! Now that Mojang has announced plans for 1.13 AND 1.14… the staff and I have agreed to make the upcoming server reset coincide with the 1.13 update. For those of you who have never been through a reset before! Let me start right off by saying *your rank will NOT be reset*. That being said - the map, your inventories, items, money, /homes, and /warps will all be wiped as part of the reset. This is normal. NOW before ya freak out – the server map will be available for download on the forums, where you can load it up in single player and enjoy.  

Also!! I didn’t forget. Starting today all donor ranks beginning with 50 dollar tier will have access to /disguise. ALL 50 dollar donors now have the ability to /disguise as chickens, cows, sheep, and their baby AND colorized variants. The donations tier post has already been updated to reflect this new information :)

Tldr - Right now we are working on gearing up for 1.13 in addition to doing the server reset. Hopefully this strategy will let us have a smoother deployment for 1.13. The 1.12.2 map will be available for download at a later time. Donor ranks have been slightly tweaked in regards to /disguise.

I need to apologize one more time for not being transparent enough with the community. We’ve been going through a really tough time and I honestly appreciate everyone’s patience.  

Love you all.

-madsci

Last edited by madscientist032 on 1/19/2018, 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Server Reset (and other things!) Empty Re: Regarding the Server Reset (and other things!)

Post by NebulaNet 1/19/2018, 10:46 am

Wow! This is so cool. Thank you for clearing up that my rank will not be reset. I don't even have a rank yet, but that's still something to calm me down :D
NebulaNet
NebulaNet
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Server Reset (and other things!) Empty Re: Regarding the Server Reset (and other things!)

Post by Blaine 1/19/2018, 11:21 am

Greatly put! Its okay to be patient and im just glad you posted this. It cleared up the fog on what was happening. Thank you!

-Blaine
Blaine
Blaine
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BABlaze 1/19/2018, 8:05 pm

Thank you
-BABlaze

BABlaze
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 1/19/2018, 10:14 pm

Jheez, Mike had me thinking he was closing down the server or something.

Can I get a “We need to talk” up in here?

Don’t YOU go breaking my heart too, now
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetix 1/19/2018, 10:24 pm

Cool!
Jetix
Jetix
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 1/19/2018, 11:11 pm

Shnoork wrote:Jheez, Mike had me thinking he was closing down the server or something.

Sorry, didn't mean to startle. I'll change the thread title to something more accurate.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down