[PSA] Helper / JrMod Changes

3 posters

Go down

[PSA]  Helper / JrMod Changes Empty [PSA] Helper / JrMod Changes

Post by Revilo410 3/26/2017, 7:36 am

As those of you who were at promos will have found out, we have made the decision to discontinue the Helper rank. This post is for those of you who want more info about why we made this decision, and what changes we have now made to ranks like JrMod.

If you want some reading about all the changes look at the spoiler, if you are only interested in whats happening now then just skip it.

Why we made helper, and why we have now removed helper:

So now, we have reverted back to the structure of JrMod > Mod > SrMod > Admin > Owner.

JrMod is our first staff rank once more, and the process to apply for JrMod is exactly the same as it has always been. JrMods have all the same permissions as before. What is changing is the interior methods of the staff team for training staff, mentoring new staff and making sure everyone is doing well. New staff will get a current staff member as a mentor who will watch over them and make sure they don't need any help, they will have regular meetings while they are JrMod to keep them on track, and this mentor will be there for them to answer any questions if they ever have them. The same sort of process will happen with all staff promotions to make sure people are settling into their new rank well.

So in essence what we are doing is instead of trying to get more staff, we are trying to focus on the staff we have and make sure we are all doing the best we possibly can by improving our structure as a staff team.

I am happy to answer any questions you have so feel free to post below :)

~ Ollie on behalf of the staff team
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

[PSA]  Helper / JrMod Changes Empty Re: [PSA] Helper / JrMod Changes

Post by Suscabot 3/26/2017, 8:46 pm

I personally have no questions about the above. However, I just wanted to say I really love the idea of mentoring new staff. From personal experience this is something that has always lacked in server quality (in general for most servers) and I feel that the staffing community as well as the overall Oasis community will become closer because of this change.
Suscabot
Suscabot
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 3/27/2017, 5:47 pm

You know, I think this cleans up the whole debacle about staff ranks nicely. The fact that jr. mods are mentored actually gives a meaning to the term "jr" that isnt immediately inferior or demeaning. Good stuff.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down