tofu is member* veteran should be changed!!

+4
bamby2727
dtfgator
Berezur
ChaosTheoryJRH
8 posters

Go down

tofu is member* veteran should be changed!! Empty tofu is member* veteran should be changed!!

Post by tofuzoo* 6/5/2011, 11:37 pm

vet is chosen by popularity not by helpng others,active,and politeness, thats what it it should be about not on popularity.
-artison should be voted on not chosen by staff. because staff chooses there friend to be artison. it should be based on what you build.
P.S staff i want you to think about this for a while
and think a bout Kevo to.
i feel really strongly about this and i hope you do to
thanks for reading!!!!

tofuzoo*

Back to top Go down

tofu is member* veteran should be changed!! Empty Re: tofu is member* veteran should be changed!!

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 6/6/2011, 2:17 am

tofuzoo* wrote:vet is chosen by popularity not by helpng others,active,and politeness, thats what it it should be about not on popularity.
-artison should be voted on not chosen by staff. because staff chooses there friend to be artison. it should be based on what you build.
thanks for reading!!!!

Yes they may be based on popularity, but the best way to become popular with the community is to help other,be active, and be polite. So therefore the voting IMO is completely fair.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

tofu is member* veteran should be changed!! Empty Re: tofu is member* veteran should be changed!!

Post by Berezur 6/6/2011, 3:07 am

ChaosTheory is absolutely right, it's all fair, if you want to become popular, you have to help other people, be polite etc.

To artisan: the staff is choosing people thex truts to become artisan, if you build cool stuff, and we trust you, you may get artisan, too.
Berezur
Berezur
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 6/6/2011, 7:08 am

Dude, if the staff chooses their friends to become artisan, then how did cloudkesh ever get it?
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Berezur 6/6/2011, 7:47 am

that's mean...cloudkesh can be really cool, but sometimes he is nothing but a dick...who is swearing all the time...
ehmm well, but dtf is right, he don't have many friends, exspecially not in the staff o0
Berezur
Berezur
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

tofu is member* veteran should be changed!! Empty epic

Post by bamby2727 6/6/2011, 9:04 am

dtfgator wrote:Dude, if the staff chooses their friends to become artisan, then how did cloudkesh ever get it?

+99999999999 bumps Epic

bamby2727
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 6/6/2011, 9:58 pm

Why do you feel strongly about this? What is it about this change that you feel will make a great improvement on the system? Rather than just saying, "I feel strongly about this", tell us why.

And apparently you and Kevo have been talking, because both of you posted the same suggestion not 45 minutes appart. I already made a post on his thread about it, but since this one appears to be getting more attention (even though its not in the suggestions forums where it belongs) I'll just copy pasta my response here:

I see where your going with this, but essentially your still not solving the issue. Ok so Veteran is no longer a popularity contest, but now Artisan is. All your doing is switching roles with nothing changed. My opinion, is that none of the positions should voted upon by the community. The issue that the staff has when promotions come around, is that not everyone gets noticed or remembered by the staff. They come in contact with so many people each day and are unable to see all the buildings, who built them, who is a nice person, or who helps out the community. What we should be doing is have the community "nominate" people that they feel would make a good Trusted+, Artisan, or Veteran and have the staff choose amongst the list.

-Nova

PS: Lol I'm not even on the Top posting users list anymore Sad
Nova042
Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 6/6/2011, 11:19 pm

On a side note. Nova did you step down from Mod?

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegeta400 6/6/2011, 11:33 pm

tofuzoo* wrote:vet is chosen by popularity not by helpng others,active,and politeness, thats what it it should be about not on popularity.
thanks for reading!!!!

The part where you wrote "and think about Kevo to." Kevo has been doing something that a lot of people do when they really want a promotion.
He has just been messing around at spawn. It is a thing a lot of people do when they really want a promotion. That is another reason why a lot of
people never make it past trusted. On another note You need to be popular to be a Veteran people don't want an ass being a Veteran. No one will
give a damn if he can build. They just want him to be nice and helpful.
Vegeta400
Vegeta400
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 6/6/2011, 11:41 pm

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:On a side note. Nova did you step down from Mod?

I did indeedy. I had to in order to make it easier on myself to reduce my game playing time. Apparently its working because I've spent all of 10 minutes playing games in the last 3 days.
Nova042
Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 6/7/2011, 12:28 am

Nova042 wrote:
ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:On a side note. Nova did you step down from Mod?

I did indeedy. I had to in order to make it easier on myself to reduce my game playing time. Apparently its working because I've spent all of 10 minutes playing games in the last 3 days.

Well that's sad, but understandable. Gonna miss you not being on so much, though I haven't been on as much lately myself.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/7/2011, 8:59 pm

Vegeta400 wrote:The part where you wrote "and think about Kevo to." Kevo has been doing something that a lot of people do when they really want a promotion.He has just been messing around at spawn. It is a thing a lot of people do when they really want a promotion. That is another reason why a lot of people never make it past trusted. On another note You need to be popular to be a Veteran people don't want an ass being a Veteran. No one willgive a damn if he can build. They just want him to be nice and helpful.

I'm sorry but, I put my heart and soul into minecraft the first three months of playing and never let anything get me down. I was somewhat helpful and would never back down to solve a problem but when my name was in the Veteran Candidates list in March, dtfgator told me something i'll never forget. After playing for 8 hours a day for three months straight, never missing a day and always being helpful dtfgator told me that I wasn't worthy. Well, if that's not worthy then you tell me what is. It's not the fact that I never do anything or help anyone, it's the fact that i've done all that before and truthfully, i've watched as everyone that joined the server has become a trusted like me for not doing anything to help anyone or just doing anything at all. It's disheartening that you would say something like that but, life goes on. I don't really know how to end this rant because this is the first time i've been disturbed by reading something on the forums, but It's not fair to judge people until you get to know them first.

Not to mention the fact that most people on the server don't even go on TeamSpeak... I've had TeamSpeak since after the first month of playing on the server. Another reason why I joined the server was because the people were nice to me and that's always the foundations to a good server.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

tofu is member* veteran should be changed!! Empty kevo

Post by blackops 6/7/2011, 9:09 pm

kevo235 should get vet

rendeer

blackops
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down