Revilo410
hog02
PandaGirl2112
Shnoork
Ripstik_Warrior
Tardus
10 posters

Go down

Dear GH Staff. . . Empty Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Tardus 2/2/2017, 5:09 pm

Dear Grief House Staff,

I would just like to say that I am sorry for making the /Warp ItemHall. However, so far it has not been accepted yet, because I need to talk to you. I would first of all just like to say I didn't build /Warp ItemHall because I am mad I can't be staff for GH. I completely understand that you guys probably have enough people to help you on Grief House. I made /Warp ItemHall because I wanted to make something that will help other players get more items to use. I also have no clue why people think it is basically the same thing as Grief House, all you do at /Warp ItemHall is break blocks. (Whenever I feel like opening it.) It has, and will have no violence what so ever in it. But, in GH that is all you really do. So, let me explain more of what you would do if  my warp ever got accepted: like I said, there is no violence. Also, there will be no lava, flint and steel, etc. But, I would also like to say that I got the structure idea from GH, I liked the design, which I hope that is okay. So, literally you come (whenever I feel like doing one) and break blocks. I promise not to do one the same time as GH, for it will mess GH population up for that round.

So, the reason I made this is because I am not normally on when every GH staff is on, so I figured this would be easier. Please, if you are GH staff, please say if you are fine with me having it, or not fine with me having my warp! Thanks for taking time to read this, reading this means a lot to me. Thanks!

Tardus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Dear GH Staff. . . Empty Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Ripstik_Warrior 2/2/2017, 5:36 pm

You will have to bring this up with one of the owners or admins. I have no say in this as of this moment. Thank you for this, though.

Ripstik_Warrior
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tardus 2/2/2017, 5:38 pm

Owner Or Admin on this server, or GH owner? If so, who is Owner?

Tardus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ripstik_Warrior 2/2/2017, 5:39 pm

GH owner

Ripstik_Warrior
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ripstik_Warrior 2/2/2017, 5:39 pm

TBRNTurbo

Ripstik_Warrior
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tardus 2/2/2017, 5:41 pm

Thanks Very Much.

Tardus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 2/2/2017, 9:44 pm

You do realise the core concept of Grief House is breaking blocks, right? Whatever PvP aspect is just flavor. What you have outlined is almost the exact same as Grief House minus the regulation (and consequently PvP, I guess. Though I dont remember Grief House having PvP. It has been a while, I could be wrong...)

Thats not to say it isn't worth the time or warp, but you do have to acknowledge that it is highly derivative.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaGirl2112 2/3/2017, 11:40 am

I'm also one of the owners of GH with Turbo. I want to say that I really don't mind if the app gets accepted. But you can't keep saying it's nothing like GH, because it's the same thing. Also, like we didn't come up with GH either, it has been on the srv trough plenty of different maps, we are just the builders of the 1.11 GH.

I mean this post is great and all, but doesn't change the fact that you still are gonna keep saying it's like not the same at all >,<
PandaGirl2112
PandaGirl2112
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by hog02 2/3/2017, 11:43 am

GH has been a staple on Oasis for many maps. I completely agree with what you said Panda.
hog02
hog02
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattoosie62 2/3/2017, 5:31 pm

I'm a Moo-Owner also mean Co-Owner of GH and basically what Panda and Shnoork have said is right all we did was add some PvP in that one game we have plans to more that don't necessarily mean we it will always be PvP.

Another note to keep rubbing it but as Panda and Shnoork said what you are doing is the complete same just aren't allowing PvP which fine but doesn't mean it is nothing like GH. But if you wanted to put a suggestion in that maybe the next one round we do that we don't do PvP we (us GH staff) could talk about if you rather not have PvP. 

Yes, Shnoork we did add PvP for our first round of GH just to give a taste to the people and see if they would like us to do it again or not kinda thorugh out the option of whether we do it again or not thought we just added as a choice.

Thanks ~Matt
Mattoosie62
Mattoosie62
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 2/3/2017, 5:46 pm

Okay so usually staff have total say in deciding warps etc. but in this situation it is important for the current GH team to have a say. So far I dont think any GH team members have opposed the idea but I could be wrong? I suggest Tardis that you contact Turbo who is possibly the only remaining owner and check with him. Yes the idea is very similar to GH but it is not a themed arena, it is just a solid structure of blocks to break to get the items. I used to own Grief House before and if it were my decision Id allow Tardis to have this warp, simply because GH is such a long standing thing that nothing can truly replace it, so its not like the warp will become a competitior to GH. I just think its a nice little warp which is a very mini gh of sorts. If this maps GH owners approve of the warp then I will happily accept it :)
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HealthMagazine 2/3/2017, 10:07 pm

Revilo410 wrote:Okay so usually staff have total say in deciding warps etc. but in this situation it is important for the current GH team to have a say. So far I dont think any GH team members have opposed the idea but I could be wrong? I suggest Tardis that you contact Turbo who is possibly the only remaining owner and check with him. Yes the idea is very similar to GH but it is not a themed arena, it is just a solid structure of blocks to break to get the items. I used to own Grief House before and if it were my decision Id allow Tardis to have this warp, simply because GH is such a long standing thing that nothing can truly replace it, so its not like the warp will become a competitior to GH. I just think its a nice little warp which is a very mini gh of sorts. If this maps GH owners approve of the warp then I will happily accept it :)
It is why I put on their warp app pending, and then under that I put the names of people who are for and those of them who are against (none of them so far)
HealthMagazine
HealthMagazine
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 2/4/2017, 3:04 am

HealthMagazine wrote:
Revilo410 wrote:Okay so usually staff have total say in deciding warps etc. but in this situation it is important for the current GH team to have a say. So far I dont think any GH team members have opposed the idea but I could be wrong? I suggest Tardis that you contact Turbo who is possibly the only remaining owner and check with him. Yes the idea is very similar to GH but it is not a themed arena, it is just a solid structure of blocks to break to get the items. I used to own Grief House before and if it were my decision Id allow Tardis to have this warp, simply because GH is such a long standing thing that nothing can truly replace it, so its not like the warp will become a competitior to GH. I just think its a nice little warp which is a very mini gh of sorts. If this maps GH owners approve of the warp then I will happily accept it :)
It is why I put on their warp app pending, and then under that I put the names of people who are for and those of them who are against (none of them so far)
oh perfect! My bad hadn't noticed that, I think I only saw the app when it was first put in :P
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 2/4/2017, 1:22 pm

Can I ask why this is under "introductions?" Just took that in.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattoosie62 2/4/2017, 1:50 pm

Shnoork wrote:Can I ask why this is under "introductions?" Just took that in.
Moved to Off-Topic Now
Mattoosie62
Mattoosie62
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tardus 2/4/2017, 4:54 pm

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to put it on introductions, I really didn't mean to and I am really sorry. I am so sorry.

Tardus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tardus 2/4/2017, 5:01 pm

I would just like to say, since I read the GH staffs comments, I think this warp application should be denied. Too many people say it is too close to GH. So I don't want to get in trouble or cause any trouble. If you can, please deny this warp.

Tardus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 2/4/2017, 5:06 pm

No big deal, champ. Just try to be aware of where you put stuff in the future. Its good to keep the forum organized so anyone can look up past posts should the need arise.

As for the warp itself, it really doesnt matter that it's derivative of a previous implementation. Everyone seems pretty cool with it to me. Dont be so hard on yourself, there's no need to undercut your own efforts. If you built this thing I see no point in denying people use of it.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Tardus 2/4/2017, 5:15 pm

Thanks Shnoork for the positive comment, I will think about whether asking them not to deny it or not. I would at least like to make the warp to keep for new players.

Tardus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 2/4/2017, 8:55 pm

Tardis600 wrote:I would just like to say, since I read the GH staffs comments, I think this warp application should be denied. Too many people say it is too close to GH. So I don't want to get in trouble or cause any trouble. If you can, please deny this warp.
If we can't make warps that are similar to others, then idk where we would be as a server. lol I mean every single town is similar in some ways to previous towns. Almost every town is the same concept, just like your warp application is the same concept as GH. But, just like each town has its own details and things that make it unique to itself, I would assume yours has your own design and stuff and it isn't exactly like GH. It's okay to have two similar warps like that (I remember a map where we had at least 2 or 3 warps for spleef arenas), I think the thing they had a problem with was the fact that you said it was not like GH at all. Don't take their constructive criticism as them hating the idea, because as Shnoork said, there's no point in denying people use of it just because there is another similar idea out there. Neither warp is going to put the other one "out of business" so to speak, so I don't see a reason it shouldn't be accepted.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH 2/4/2017, 10:29 pm

As the original Owner/Co-Creator of GH years and years ago, I can assure you it was never an original idea.
To put it bluntly, it's griefing. Just you know, it's not against the rules because we say it's okay lol.

If you wanna make an event that is similar, then go for it. Everyone likes free stuff anyways.
Oh, and fun fact: It wasn't always called GriefHouse either. We called it Weekly Grief for the first 3 weeks or so.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattoosie62 2/4/2017, 10:46 pm

I'm totally fine with this just you keep saying it's nothing like GH which it kinda is the same but anyways I'm totally fine with you having this warp

~Matt
Mattoosie62
Mattoosie62
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down