TF2(ish) Idea

4 posters

Go down

TF2(ish) Idea Empty TF2(ish) Idea

Post by Bain 9/25/2015, 9:29 pm

Making this game would be next to impossible, but I thought I'd just throw an idea out there. I've been thinking of a PvP game kinda like a variant of TF2, however with different maps and with MC weapons and whatnot. I thought of this because, as of now, there aren't any big PvP mini games on Oasis right now, and I think this would make a great addition to the minigames of Oasis. I have some ideas for classes/layout of this game, but I haven't gone too in depth as I don't expect this to actually happen. However, if enough people like this idea I'll attempt to make it a reality. If you don't like it, it's fine, just an idea.

Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

TF2(ish) Idea Empty Re: TF2(ish) Idea

Post by Lina 9/25/2015, 10:17 pm

I remember a year or two ago, there used to be discussion of having a tf2-like mc game. I don't remember what happened with it, I guess it was dropped? I believe there was a pretty good amount of interest in it though.
I'm thinking of this thread, I think it was Taccy's thing:
https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t12446-coming-to-an-oasis-near-you
(Wooow this is from waaaaay back when... when I was still an artisan, when JrMods where still called "guide", and when Pandaz1 wasn't ip banned several times over)

There was also talk of oasis having an actual TF2 server, I don't know where that went as I don't play TF2 actively. I remember there was a survey on here to gather feedback on interest levels for it, but I don't recall much of what went down afterwards. Owners probably remember tho.

I don't play much, but I think a TF2 style pvp minigame is a neat idea. Especially if it involves teams, as it would make people work together. I do like TF2, though it's more of a casual game for me (I play alone a lot when I travel with my smaller laptop with the alt steam acc on it). There's been interest in TF2 related stuff here in the past as well, you'll just have to see how many people are still interested. If you get enough, you'd probably have some good help getting it going.
Lina
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 9/25/2015, 10:28 pm

I'v been thinking after reading this and it will be pretty close to impossible to make this work but it can be done just really hard.  And as lina said there was talk about a tf2 server on oasis.  There is a tf2 lobby on TeamSpeak but iv never really played the game enough to even know the game well let alone even look for servers. 

I would say go for it but it's gonna be a real pain in the neck to figure out.
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 9/26/2015, 12:09 pm

Lets not jump to the conclusion of impossibility. From what I've gathered here, you're thinking unique items in loadouts. It's not outside the realm of possibility to work some magic and tweak some stuff to give things special properties in Minecraft. Modders have done it for years.

This is a good idea. I believe it will draw some attention, and not just within the community. The only real challenge is finding someone who knows their code. If you can't figure it out yourself, worst case scenario, you reach out to someone who knows their biz. If you're serious about it and you can get the right people on board, then you've definitely got something here.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 9/26/2015, 4:44 pm

I never said it was impossible just really hard to figure out how to set it up I'm all for the idea
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain 9/27/2015, 9:29 pm

It doesn't necessarily have to be TF2, it could be a more light, simplistic variant that would only require redstone. I'll see what some other people have to say before I decide whether or not to actually try this...
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down