Racehorse banner design contest (there is a prize for winner)

+3
flomzilla
LordTomenon
Gr00veDriftTreh
7 posters

Go down

Racehorse banner design contest (there is a prize for winner) Empty Racehorse banner design contest (there is a prize for winner)

Post by ThunderHorse 11/1/2014, 12:02 pm

I have been thinking...now that minecraft has banners, I would like to make an official banner for racehorse which will be displayed all around racehorse.

So this is where you all come into play. I am holding a contest where whoever can design the best banner that represents racehorse will receive  a prize determined by the racehorse staff at a later date. The winning design will be the feature banner for racehorse for good 

Rules are simple

1) 1 design per player

2) all designs are fair game (no inappropriate designs please) 

3) when you come up with a design submit a picture to this thread WITH the design crafting recipe for references if your design wins (please take screenshot on default minecraft packs, no resource packs otherwise it may look different to others) 

Prize: stack of diamonds on 1.8 perm map

Contest ends: The end of November Unless bukkit updates before that 

Good luck and bring me designs

Last edited by ThunderTheW0lf on 11/2/2014, 6:46 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar errors and updates)
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Racehorse banner design contest (there is a prize for winner) Empty Re: Racehorse banner design contest (there is a prize for winner)

Post by ThunderHorse 11/2/2014, 6:41 pm

Prizes have been decided 

Prize: a stack of legit diamonds (might take a few days after racehorse spawn is finished)
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Racehorse banner design contest (there is a prize for winner) Empty Re: Racehorse banner design contest (there is a prize for winner)

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh 11/2/2014, 8:28 pm

Here is my submission towards the Banner pool
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(aka [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
When I think of warp racehorse I think of blue skies and rolling green hills and also white clouds and orange sunsets.
Also what I used to make it is an online application Duke of the Sea shown me when he was making his banner. It can be found at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am waiting to see what other players make for their submissions.
Gr00veDriftTreh
Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTomenon 11/2/2014, 10:42 pm

I can't figure out how to get a picture of mine -.- I use the same sight as Groove, and I can give you commands for spawning my two in singleplayer using a command block, so check them out :3

#1: /give @p minecraft:banner 1 0 {BlockEntityTag:{Base:7,Patterns:[{Pattern:hhb,Color:6},{Pattern:drs,Color:3},{Pattern:dls,Color:3},{Pattern:cr,Color:12},{Pattern:flo,Color:4},{Pattern:mc,Color:2}]}}

#2: /give @p minecraft:banner 1 0 {BlockEntityTag:{Base:15,Patterns:[{Pattern:gra,Color:14},{Pattern:cbo,Color:5},{Pattern:bo,Color:4},{Pattern:bri,Color:14},{Pattern:gru,Color:1},{Pattern:flo,Color:11},{Pattern:mc,Color:11}]}}

PLEASE NOTE: You can't craft #2 in survival, because there are too many layers. But, you can get it with commands using the command blocks (copy a command above, the paste it {ctrl + v} in the block), more specifically the ones above.
LordTomenon
LordTomenon
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr00veDriftTreh 11/2/2014, 10:53 pm

I used the windows 8 program Snipping Tool to get it. Also there is also a 'prt sc' button on the keyboard that Prints the screen by putting it into the copy paste folder.
Here is what Lord's banners look like
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They look pretty good.

Last edited by Gr00veDriftTreh1 on 11/2/2014, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Holy mother of Grammer Batman!)
Gr00veDriftTreh
Gr00veDriftTreh
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTomenon 11/3/2014, 8:30 am

Thank you, Groove :) I'll keep that button in mind.
#1 is the left and #2 is the right. I had made #2 weeks ago and thought it would be great for this, and I got most of #1 using the 'Random' button featured on the sight xD
LordTomenon
LordTomenon
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 11/3/2014, 10:06 am

I now have another idea to make things fair when it comes time to decide the winner

I will edit this thread and add a poll with the choices and let everyone vote for the banner so I do not make the final decision. This way I am not favoring a banner design and that everyone will have a fair chance of winning.

Only thing I ask is that you all be fair with your votes and do not say which choice you voted for to keep things anonymous

The choices will be numbered in order they are submited and the poll will be added on the 30th unless bukkit updates before hand then I will post the poll within a few days of the 1.8 perm map being released

Also I am loving the designs submitted and I like your thinking Gr00ve
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 11/8/2014, 2:13 pm

Don't forget if you want a stack if diamonds then submit your designs 

3 choices currently not much competition. 

I'm liking the 3 designs so far but i would like more variety and more choices

And everyone will still get to vote the winning banner
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by flomzilla 11/8/2014, 11:03 pm

So after a bit of deliberation I came up with what I think is a pretty fresh concept...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
flomzilla
flomzilla
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 11/9/2014, 12:02 pm

flomzilla wrote:So after a bit of deliberation I came up with what I think is a pretty fresh concept...

Only problem with using the American flag as racehorse's official banner is that not everyone who races at racehorse is american. A good portion of them are Canadian (some of the racehorse staff are  Canadian) and a few might be European (not sure on that one) and I really dont want it to look like racehorse favors a specific country 

Although If you would like you may add that banner to your stable if you wish as that is allowed for stable customization. 

Its a great concept and all but its just not in racehorse's best interest 

Not everyone favors America over their own country as a good portion of players are Candadian
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowWovle 11/11/2014, 9:18 pm

Heres mind
You can look at this 2 ways a face with a mushroom on his head with a barrier (Just the white) or a face with a head (Just the black)
ShadowWovle
ShadowWovle
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisMaximus 11/12/2014, 3:07 pm

Looks like someone is holding an apple, maybe to feed the horses. Not entirely my design though (found it on the internet). What do you think? :)
OasisMaximus
OasisMaximus
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 11/15/2014, 9:43 pm

Halfway through the month lets keep these designs coming 

Also to make things a little easier my top 5 favorite will be the 1s you guys vote on (its really hard as they are all good)
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 11/28/2014, 8:24 pm

2 days left in the contest so if you came up with a banner design its best to submit it now

Currently the final 3 choices are: Gr00ve's, Lord's (1st design since I cannot craft choice 2), and Dr_Crazy's

Why 3 now? Well there is barely any submissions for this so I have made the very tough choice to only allow 3 finalist

Voting will begin on the 30th at noon and will end at 2 PM (aka 2 hours) and most votes wins and becomes Racehorse's official banner
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy 11/29/2014, 8:13 am

im not very good at designing banners but I Vouch for Dr_Crazzys!

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisMaximus 11/30/2014, 7:19 am

retkojy wrote:im not very good at designing banners but I Vouch for Dr_Crazzys!

Yuus!
OasisMaximus
OasisMaximus
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down