MegaScary
cmanrocks2012
robbie291
Paxination
mickdude2
Gweedo358
13 posters

Go down

Rank system and how it works. Empty Rank system and how it works.

Post by Gweedo358 6/18/2014, 12:15 pm

Hello everyone,
     As the title says this is a post on how the ranks and how the community of Oasis works. First I am going to tell you all how I am where I am today in this wonderful community of Oasis and second I am going to tell you what no to do.

My first day on Oasis was late at night, on the last day of May 2012. My buddy Afromatic brought me on the server to show me around a bit before we all had to leave to sleep for work the next day. That night was my first time on a MC as a computer game and I had no idea how anything worked. All I knew was how to move around. He met me at the tree spawn gave me some food and said follow me and do not touch a thing. I laughed and said all right lets go. So we run and run and along the way I am stopping and looking at all what was built and was amazed at how beautiful everything was. We get to his house and at the time he lived in a tall tree, I spotted a small lake near the desert below his house and I wanted that as my home.

That next day I made my house and learned how the game worked and just explored the few blocks around my house. Applied for member the next day. When I arrived later that day after work I was member with a big welcome to the community, I thought to myself wow what a great bunch of people. A day later Leagle is standing over my house going Gweedo do you notice anything. So I run around my house looking for anything out of the normal. I said no sir ummm did I do something wrong lol. Leagle says nooo notice the blue?? I looked around again not realizing he was speaking about my name in chat. I saw my blue name and he said along with everyone else congrats on Trusted.

As my building confidence grew I was using more and more stuff. So I didn't want to destroy the world around me so I donated, for the server and myself. I didn't care about the rank I was I was happy doing MC stuff. Exploring and just building my little part of Oasis. I didn't know at first if the community would accept a man of my age but everyone did without judgment.

I played and spoke in chat when I thought I should. As the maps changed I became better at building and more and more people wanted to live in my towns. I was thrilled. I would go to promos and cheer everyone on. I didn't care about the rank I was, I just loved the community. When someone needed help I helped then went back to my town. I just was myself enjoying the game of minecraft, seeing what I could come up with next. I applied for staff when a few staff members encouraged me to apply. I knew I could help more if I was staff, but it didn't matter if I got it or not.

Now the reason I told you this story is because lately on Oasis people think the rank system is a race to see who can get higher faster. Well you are WRONG.

We as staff are seeing more and more begging of ranks and moaning about when you don't get the rank you want. When you beg you get put on the back burner, You are telling staff you are more concerned with the rank than the game. We do not like that. Play the game be yourself and help when you think you should. The rank system here is not a race. Do not cry in chat or the forums about how you didn't get promoted. We see this and take that factor into consideration. We want you to melt into the community and be a part of it because you want to be here, not because it will get you a pretty color on your name.
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Rank system and how it works. Empty Re: Rank system and how it works.

Post by mickdude2 6/18/2014, 12:26 pm

Well said Gweedo! Couldn't agree more myself.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 6/18/2014, 5:05 pm

*WOOP WOOP*
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 6/18/2014, 5:14 pm

Agreed and understood Gweedo. I really enjoyed your back story. Thanks for all your help with my museum.
robbie291
robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by cmanrocks2012 6/18/2014, 6:11 pm

Well said also what BattleAxe said https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t10574-ranks?highlight=Ranks
And if your reading this gweedo, if you don't mind what ever happened to afro?
cmanrocks2012
cmanrocks2012
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaScary 6/18/2014, 6:22 pm

affro comes on once in a while I have seen him on a couple times
MegaScary
MegaScary
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleInYourFace 6/18/2014, 6:44 pm

Imma say here what I said in Skype: CAN I GET AN AMEN?
AppleInYourFace
AppleInYourFace
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/18/2014, 7:56 pm

cmanrocks2012 wrote:Well said also what BattleAxe said https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t10574-ranks?highlight=Ranks
And if your reading this gweedo, if you don't mind what ever happened to afro?

Afro is on a lot more then people think. Mostly due to the fact that he logs on rather late at night EST.
example: /seen afromatic480 = 16hours ago (logged off at 4am EST)

Goodluck finding him .3. I believe he has built a paradise somewhere, but I forget where it is near *-*

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 6/18/2014, 9:43 pm

Lina wrote:I believe he has built a paradise somewhere, but I forget where it is near *-*

Near the plains portal 

Rank system and how it works. 7GsNrYY
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheerioes 6/18/2014, 9:52 pm

Another wise tale by gweedo
Cheerioes
Cheerioes
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by HealthMagazine 6/18/2014, 10:44 pm

Nice Story...And too True.. I hate when people beg for unnecessary stuff......
HealthMagazine
HealthMagazine
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 6/18/2014, 11:15 pm

I also think its worth noting that you don't have to be a higher rank to help people. A veteran is just as capable of pointing someone towards the forums or explaining a rule as anyone else. Don't use "I want to be more helpful" as an excuse for a rank.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Candigurl198530 6/19/2014, 12:58 am

I'm really glad you posted this. This is the first server I have played on for more than a few hours. I had asked how things worked a few times because I wasn't sure how ranks and such worked. I knew staff gave the promotions but didn't know why or how. I was really surprised when I logged on one day and I had been promoted to T+. It's hard to try to explain things in game sometimes and this post was very necessary for me. 

Thanx for the info

Candigurl198530
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by FairyNinjaStar 6/19/2014, 11:10 am

Nicely said, Gweedo, thanks for sharing a bit of your background. I have also noticed people complaining a lot in chat about rank lately. As I recall, I applied for member a few days after starting on Oasis, as I was instantly impressed by the friendliness of the community and how helpful the staff was. It took a few more days before my app was approved, and from there I simply played and helped people when I could and after about a week or 2 I was promoted to trusted. T+ came a few months later, and I wasn't even expecting or trying to get it at all. I was so surprised! And I think that's the best way to get ranks, instead of obsessing over it or begging or complaining, which some people don't seem to understand. Staff notices the contributions that people make to the server and it's community, people just need to enjoy themselves and the ranks will eventually follow. I think these days, many people forget a simple fact: Patience is a virtue.
FairyNinjaStar
FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 6/20/2014, 10:21 pm

I like this. A look into papa Gweds' days as a youngling :3

All things aside, the message in this is clear. What i think is worth noticing here is that there was very little mention of how long it took for these ranks to be achieved. Just goes to show how time can fly when youre having fun :)

Just have fun, people. Its all in the journey, not the destination.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down