Signature rules

5 posters

Go down

Signature rules Empty Signature rules

Post by Fithboy 5/5/2014, 6:31 am

The thing that annoys me about this forum is that every thread is full of huge, animated signatures which are flashy and distract the eye from the actual content. My suggestion is that limits are set on signatures so they have to be smaller, or they only show on the OP of each thread. I think this would make the forums look much cleaner and mature
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Signature rules Empty Re: Signature rules

Post by Leagle 5/5/2014, 9:01 am

While i do agree with you about the annoyance of some of the signature content.
We will not limit our players on such terms. Keep in mind that our playerbase age ranges from 8 years to over 50 years. Let them have a bit of fun and let them share some funny/nice/weird pictures they find on the internet.

If we, however, do find an image that is too big/offensive/disturbing/annoying. We will take action asap.

IF YOU CANNOT REPLY WITH A NORMAL / HELPFULL MESSAGE THEN DON'T EVEN BOTHER POSTING HERE.
Removed Posts:
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy 5/5/2014, 2:39 pm

Sure let them share the funny pictures, but have a topic for them in the off topic section or something. It just seems out of place to have the same big pictures again and again in even the most serious of threads.
Fithboy
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 5/5/2014, 4:40 pm

Sorry if staff doesn't consider this normal/helpful but im just giving my input on this

Anyway I'm gonna agree with Lina on this 1. 

First off its just not fair and right to limit what we want as our signatures. Its basically the same concept as many things. For example you wouldn't like having your government take away your rights like freedom of religion (I'm just using 1 of the bill of rights from U.S constitution since i don't know laws and crap in other countries). Well its basically the same concept here, we (Americans) want to choose our religion or something like that, its just not fair to take away that right. Well here on oasis staff is our government and our signatures are like our rights, you cant take those away. 

Now sure you do have a point about having pictures and stuff put in the off topic section. But these pictures and stuff say a lot about us and choose to have them. If you really are getting annoyed go by these signatures. Get on the forums on a tablet or something, it will take you to a white and plain forum without pictures and stuff and in order to see these images and videos theres a little wording that says something like  [click to see image] in blue. You cant see the image unless you click on it so its fairly easy to avoid these signatures or just don't get on the forums much 

Look at these screenshots and you can see pictures can only be seen by clicking a link (this is the white type version) 

Click this to see what i mean

Click to see how pictures are seen on other version of forums

Last edited by ThunderTheW0lf on 5/5/2014, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Links going wierd)
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 5/5/2014, 6:03 pm

I think a lot of the forum signatures are reflections of the people themselves- i.e if you have a problem with a flashy/loud person that's fine, but you can't stop them from being that way. 

So yeah,some of them are annoying. But like that obnoxious uncle of the family, you put up with it and lovehim anyway.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/6/2014, 5:18 am

ThunderTheW0lf wrote:
Anyway I'm gonna agree with Leagle on this 1. 
fixed xD
*flies into the clouds .3.*

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 5/6/2014, 8:45 am

Fithboy wrote:The thing that annoys me about this forum is that every thread is full of huge, animated signatures which are flashy and distract the eye from the actual content. My suggestion is that limits are set on signatures so they have to be smaller, or they only show on the OP of each thread. I think this would make the forums look much cleaner and mature

Forumotion (the forum provider) unfortunately does not have any ability for us to restrict anything about a user's signature. We only ask that you keep your signature reasonably sized. The common rule of thumb is that if the signature is larger than a one-lined post, then it (the signature) is most likely too big and should be modified. Examples of this are: large (500 x 500px) images with 5 or more lines of text beneath it (such as quotes), multiple small pictures (100x100px) that are stacked vertically, etc. etc.

Also please be aware that if your signature is deemed inappropriate/too large/etc, the staff will ask you to alter the signature as necessary. I have (on occasion) taken user's signatures and modified them to better fit the forums, but this was only in extreme cases.

And yes. I did read everybody's input before I posted this response. Forum signatures are used to express one's creativity/personality and I agree that they should not be restricted. However, I firmly believe that anyone's 640x480 pixel signature can be shrunk into a more manageable size to help keep the forums clean and tidy, especially for people who have small screen sizes.

My own personal signature (from minestatus) is the ideal size for most forum signatures. Other forum signature generators create sigs that are smaller (physically) due to size limitations put on by OTHER forum engines across the web.

If anyone is unsure if their signature is "too big" please contact any of the staff (including myself) and we can let you know. As of now, nobody in this thread has a signature that I think is "too large".

Also, for those of you who browse our forums on a mobile device aka iPad/tablet or phone, there is an option to view the forums as if you were on your laptop/desktop. I recommend browsing the forums in 'desktop mode' on any tablet (you don't have to tap to see each picture).
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down