I finally got these things done...

3 posters

Go down

I finally got these things done... Empty I finally got these things done...

Post by jandavey 2/27/2014, 10:43 pm

So, I was finally able to finish these. Sorry they're on the wrong side, the hoster thing won't change the direction :l

I finally got these things done... 00111
I finally got these things done... 00211

I finally got these things done... 00311
So, I got these apple things done. Anyway, paints used for this were Golden Heavy Body Acrylic paints. And for the brown I used Grumbacher Burnt Sienna thinned with natural turpenoid. I used those cheaper ungessoed Artists Loft canvases. I used Golden Heavy Body Acrylic Gesso to gesso the painting. I'll have to keep editing because the hoster thing is being a bish to my iPhone LOL P.S. These took over two weeks to dry because of the safflower oil I also used to thin the brown. e-e that's a pretty crappy decision on my part. xD

I finally got these things done... 00410

This, is an entirely acrylic painting. I used the nicer, Heavy Duty Gallery Wrap Canvas so that I wouldn't need to do that annoying gesso process. Once again, all paints used were only Golden Heavy Body Paints. No other brands.

I finally got these things done... 00511

This, is a different painting... I used paints that I have never used in two years. Crappy Artists' Loft paint from when I was learning to use acrylics. Back then, when squeezed out of the tube, I got messy but beautiful paint out of every tube, it was wonderful. But now, I bought 6 tubes of them again, and they were WAY too watery. Too transparent, impossible to mix, they were worthless and leaky. Oh yeah, and this was painted on Strathmore Watercolor Paper (ungessoed). Thinking that I just had bad luck, I bought 6 more. Same results. They've really messed their paints up... Btw, only reason I don't have any watercolor paintings is because only use watercolors on school projects, and whenever I submit them. I get "Oh, jand, this is a really impressive piece of work. Do you mind if I can keep this?" And I notice there's always A+s on those projects. xD Anyway, I always give them it because you know, whatever. My history teacher took my project once, looked at it for like 10 minutes, changed my grade on the project to 25/25 then just told me "This is really interesting..." Then I never got it back LOL erry dang time I paint with watercolor they keep it -w-

By the way, if you ever wonder what paint brands I recommend or use (oil, acrylic, and watercolor, I have never used encaustics or tempera so I can't tell you a brand for those) feel free to ask .w.

Last edited by jandavey on 2/27/2014, 11:22 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Said 'to ask' twice .-.)

jandavey
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

I finally got these things done... Empty Re: I finally got these things done...

Post by Guest 2/27/2014, 11:23 pm

Pretty paintings ;w;
Especially dat shield *-* ...*eats the apples* shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh u saw nothing

Not fond of applying gesso either... gesso smells and stains all my clothes... if only the pre-done canvasses were cheaper I:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake 2/28/2014, 8:39 am

Keep up the good work :3 These are very pretty.
I just started with acrylics and I found while its a little bit more expensive I like basic's better than artist loft. 
Though I haven't tried to paint much I do find it relaxing and fun. 
Cupcake
Cupcake
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey 2/28/2014, 12:06 pm

CaptnCupcake wrote:
Keep up the good work :3 These are very pretty.
I just started with acrylics and I found while its a little bit more expensive I like basic's better than artist loft. 
Though I haven't tried to paint much I do find it relaxing and fun. 
I've never tried Liquitex basics, mainly because I went from Artists loft --> Golden Heavy Body and Golden Open Acrylics instead of basics. .-. Ditto for watercolor, but I bought Winsor Newton Artists Watercolors, and Old Holland Watercolor, and never bought a student grade paint. Which I kind of regret because I didn't fully understand watercolor yet.

jandavey
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Accusing_panda4 2/28/2014, 5:03 pm

Is much beatiful art.

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down