A Little Building Guide To Exterior

+2
LovelyChick07
Xhoblophone
6 posters

Go down

A Little Building Guide To Exterior  Empty A Little Building Guide To Exterior

Post by Xhoblophone 12/23/2013, 8:19 pm

Apparently people are a fan of the exterior on many of my builds, and a couple of people have asked how I do it, so I'm starting a little thread for people that want some help, I've prepared a couple examples of ways to spruce up your exteriors. I have two examples, a wall and a tower, if you want to ask for ways to make other types of builds better, I will expand the thread and try to give you more advice. First I will give you a quickish pep talk on how I like to do exteriors, then I'll post the pictures I have made up.

First off, my number one policy is when focusing on exterior, "add as much shizzle wizzle to the outside as possible." This helps to give depth and makes the build more interesting. Another tip is to use blocks that help in transition from any sort of protrusion to the main wall, good ones are fence posts, steps, and cobble walls. Another thing to keep in mind is accenting the main walls with bits of other blocks built right into it, like wood logs in corners, quartz in small little nooks, and stained clay. 

Now that you have hopefully read all that, here are some captioned pictures.
A Little Building Guide To Exterior  8d2Qixi
A Little Building Guide To Exterior  Y853Zcq

Again, please leave any questions, requests for other types of builds, and comments below. Have a good day.
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

A Little Building Guide To Exterior  Empty Re: A Little Building Guide To Exterior

Post by LovelyChick07 12/23/2013, 8:29 pm

Ermagerd i suck at exterior xD Thanks for the advice xhbobobo <3 Keep Up The Good Work!
LovelyChick07
LovelyChick07
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

A Little Building Guide To Exterior  Empty Re: A Little Building Guide To Exterior

Post by Xhoblophone 12/23/2013, 8:30 pm

much luv Lovely, glad I could help. <3
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by pokekid3847 12/24/2013, 4:55 am

I personally suck at exterior, So this was rather helpful.
pokekid3847
pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

A Little Building Guide To Exterior  Empty Good job on the guide

Post by Artateck 12/24/2013, 8:39 am

This guide to building is great. It highlights the main things that are important in building exteriors. Even though I don't have AS much of a need for it. I am sure this is one of the most helpful tutorials to building if you consider yourself not so good.  cheers
Artateck
Artateck
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico_Dubai 1/4/2014, 7:21 am

wauw, you're a great builder :) keep up the good work  cheers

Nico_Dubai
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 1/4/2014, 11:26 am

These are nice tips, I will keep this in mind as I build in the future!  Smile
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down