The Time is Here!

4 posters

Go down

The Time is Here! Empty The Time is Here!

Post by InitialBN 10/11/2013, 5:28 pm

Well, it seems I have finally been unbanned from the forums!  I've been waiting for a while, and tried my chances today.  Seeing as the forum ban has been lifted, I have finally been given the opportunity to post this.  I wrote this two days into the ban and have been trying to get this out, but to no avail.  This seems like the best time, so here goes nothing:

Hello, Oasis members and staff.  Recently a lot of my actions haven't exactly been wonderful, and I seem to have offended many people.  These include members of the community, and some staff as well.  My humor has never really been the greatest, and is always fairly edgy.  I understand that a large part of the current community is highly against this sort of thing and I apologize for making the server a bit less than it could be for a lot of you.  I was on the server to have a bit of fun, talk a bit, have some laughs, etc. like I do with my friends.  I failed to realize that some things are better left unsaid, especially when you have been fairly inactive and don't exactly know much of the community well.  Not noticing that lead to people who have not conversed with me much or at all not understanding that what I am saying is 100% not to be taken seriously, especially when it is vulgar like it was.  Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not saying these players should have known, as I should have made it my duty to become familiar with the new community before inflicting my reign of edgy terror on it.  

I'd like to directly apologize to Lina, and the rest of the staff team for all that I put them through in the past week, including what happened in-game, on the forums, and after my banning.  I'd also like to apologize to the rest of the player-base for causing many of you to be uncomfortable with even reading any of the server chat.

I didn't realize this at first, but when all of this stuff was being said in the chat, the rest of the staff was being pmed by the online player-base asking what they were going to do, and if they were just going to let those kind of insults/vulgarities slide.  I know that I crossed a border in the rules, and that the staff members were already seeming to be lenient towards me due to how long I have been here and what I have contributed, but I knew that any type of leniency was a privilege, and I obviously took advantage of that.  The staff team noticed that, and simply had enough, which I can respect.  The players should be confident that rule breakers will be punished, or what is to stop them from doing it themselves?  

Things do seem quite a bit stricter here than they were before, but that isn't exactly a bad thing.  These rules are pretty loose anyway and tightening the grip on the community a bit could very well be making a way better environment for the players.  Everything I was typing in the chat seemed to be within the rules to me, but what I forgot was a vital part that made the rule mean something.  I forgot to use moderation.

I would like to give a huge thank-you to the staff of Oasis for allowing me to have a second chance, and I hope that you, the community, can give me a second chance as well.  You'll see that I'm not a bad guy, just had some controversial humor.  However, I'll try to pull back a bit on that sort of speech as much as I can, and I am ready to come back to Oasis with a step in the right direction.

Thanks,
InitialBN

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

The Time is Here! Empty Re: The Time is Here!

Post by Leagle 10/11/2013, 5:41 pm

The Time is Here! DhMeAzK
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 10/12/2013, 4:43 am

Leagle wrote:The Time is Here! DhMeAzK
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 10/12/2013, 3:42 pm

Kevo235 wrote:
Leagle wrote:The Time is Here! DhMeAzK
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down