Shop Build Rave

5 posters

Go down

Shop Build Rave Empty Shop Build Rave

Post by MineCartbrother 7/22/2013, 6:21 pm

It's not actually a rave more than it is a concern, but every time I go to the shop, that big 2-story shop that actually looks more like a mall to me, I have to deal with huge amounts of lag. Now. It may be just my computer, but you gotta admit, the shop is pretty huge. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the plots that are built inside the shop, but i'm not asking the plot owners to do remove them. 

My suggestion to the shop owner would probably be, get rid of any unnecessary blocks, or remove the second story (Which will probably take a hell of a long time, and I know you probably don't want to do that!). I just want to walk in the shop lag-free. Now I haven't known oasis until a few months ago, but has the shop always been like that? Do the guests of Oasis complain about the lag in the mall? If so, it might be time for a remodel, and those of you who are probably thinking, "The shop is fine how it is, deal with the lag!" Consider this a fact. There are people who have slow computers, and whatever they do to fix some parts of lag, the lag is either still there or still existing. Guests sometimes whine about numerous things like trying to find food and/or money, but sometimes they do have points. 

Some people think that it is a useless topic that doesn't need to ranted or raved about, because some people think lag is just a "minor" issue, but some people think lag is something not to be taken lightly. I'm not saying either sides are right or wrong, who am I to take sides on a subject, when compromise is always the answer. I'm just asking for change. Remodel the shop, remove blocks, take down the structures. I don't care. Just please do something so I don't have to walk in a laggy shop, and possibly get disconnected from the server, because THAT has happened before.

I hope you guys don't think less of me for posting this rave, if you do i'm sorry, but somebody had to say it. 

P.s. To whoever built the shop warp, if you don't feel like the shop should be remodeled, I understand.

Anyways, that is my rant! Thank you for listening.

TL;DR The mall seems to be generating a lot of lag, and Im asking that the mall be remodeled, but the plots can stay.
MineCartbrother
MineCartbrother
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Shop Build Rave Empty Re: Shop Build Rave

Post by jackOPSftw 7/22/2013, 6:42 pm

Well I may come from the same area. Firstly I get absolutely no lag on Oasis, however the only time I lag is in shop world. But I'm pretty sure it's client side lag anyhow. After 20 seconds of being in shop world, I literarily can't sprint and my eyes start to sting and water. But nevertheless, I don't lag any over time. I have a macBook Pro for the record. And my home internet just got a massive update and It's above average ping in Aus so yeh.
jackOPSftw
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ericcanam 7/22/2013, 7:03 pm

You're right. The shopworld IS very laggy. I think it's in a different world than everything else, so maybe putting it in world1 or world2 would work?

I dunno. I had a tiny little server once, but I didn't read the fine print and I never knew it would be erased after a day... And a day isn't a very long time to figure everything out, so I don't know too much about servers.

Something should be done about it, but I think removing the second floor is too extreme a measure to take. Plus, Grim's shop is on the second floor.

I know that there are some redstone things going on on the roof, and I think that would be a good first step to take.

Of course, these decisions must be made by staff, and even if there's nothing they can or will do about it, they're still doing a good job, so we'll put up with the lag for them.

FOR THE STAFFASAURUSES!

Last edited by ericcanam on 7/22/2013, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I misspelled "Staffasauruses")
ericcanam
ericcanam
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

http://bit.ly/OasisChalkboard

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair 7/22/2013, 7:57 pm

MineCartbrother wrote:

P.s. To whoever built the shop warp, if you don't feel like the shop should be remodeled, I understand.

That's good.
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 7/22/2013, 8:08 pm

The reason why your computer lags when you are in shop world is simple. The signs on the walls take extra resources and time to process and render. Unfortunately, the signs are used for ChestShop, our primary shop plugin. We have worked extensively on reducing as much visual lag as possible in shopworld. My only advice is to switch your render distance when arriving in shopworld. Optifine also helps greatly with reducing shopworld lag as well.

Figured you should know just in case others haven't told you already.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by MineCartbrother 7/22/2013, 8:19 pm

madscientist032 wrote:The reason why your computer lags when you are in shop world is simple. The signs on the walls take extra resources and time to process and render. Unfortunately, the signs are used for ChestShop, our primary shop plugin. We have worked extensively on reducing as much visual lag as possible in shopworld. My only advice is to switch your render distance when arriving in shopworld. Optifine also helps greatly with reducing shopworld lag as well.

Figured you should know just in case others haven't told you already.

Thanks for the advice!
MineCartbrother
MineCartbrother
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down