AttractiveBanana
Olive474
vitality96
Grimtongue
Heisenberg
Pandaz1
16 posters

Go down

Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2) Empty Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2)

Post by Pandaz1 5/12/2013, 10:14 am

# = Question
# = Basic Answer
# = Main Point
# = Extra
For all those who will comment "tl;dr" Read the text that is this color

Minecraft username: Pandaz1

Real name (recommended): Peter

How long have you been playing on THIS server?: Joined date; 2nd of March, 2013

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: Until trips to the moon are cheap, Or til the sun eats us c:

Have you voted for Oasis at www.bit.ly/oasisv ?: Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2) Iieeem10

Name any Guides, Admins or Mods who would vouch for you (This means you actually have to ask them): I went out of my way, And also asked Trusted+, Veterans and artisans, As well as some donators:
Donators: Kyorgtea, woohoo_dude22, GEORGE774411
Trusted+: RealGriffin, Noahdooling, Cortezc, Snowfire16, _Bisongirl_, SamCoe, LordGonk, Olive474, AJ327
Artisan: OsgaTharp, Nsuth13, Captain_Renob, Locket3773
Veteran: JackOPSftw, AtractiveBanana, Zwall99, Mickdude2, Revilo410, Grimtongue
Architect: Tanaka91
Guide: Vitality96, Big_Piglet, Jawell, Izumi4kona
Mod:
Admin:
Retired: WesleyMD

Why do you deserve Veteran status? What sets you apart from the other Trusted players?
Here we go, Grab a tub of popcorn and a blanket, Its going to be a long read; I also dont answer this question til near the end of the application, So yeah:

So you probably just vouch for the h*ll of it, Or to get posts up, But I dont want you vouching unless you honestly think I am ready for this rank, There are plenty of others worthy, So vouch honestly. I have worked the last few weeks on this application so I hope you like it :)

When "I" first joined, I was banned, Because "I" spammed and swore, This wasn't me, But an old "friend" Dyl. He was dealt with accordingly. Then when I was looking for servers, I remember'd Oasis, I put in the IP, And off I went. I joined! :D People welcome'd me! Then one of the Admins thought it was Dyl. I was banned a second time, For ban evasion. I applied for an appeal, It was accepted, And I was welcome'd back onto the server. Several times I was caught out for my spelling and punctuation, So I took some typing tests and downloaded some typing programs. I got alright at it, And as I played on Oasis, I got better. Not just my typing got better, But also my maturity.
Anyways, I have been banned several other times, From not doing homework, To staying up all night on school nights, To testing out PvP with Mike. I never actually do anything THAT bad..

As I stay on the server, You get some who join. The "Planet Minecraft reviewers". When the /warp pvp was glitched, And it constantly kicked you, This was a bundle of laughs. I remember this one guy, Claiming he was from PMC, Here is the story:
Him: I am from PMC, Im gonna review your server!
Me: Okay, Review the /warp pvp first :)
Him: **Joins, Leaves, joins, leaves.. Silence**
So this was funny at the time, Pax came on, Banned him and it was all good. You also get those who join and love the server. I occasionally get someone who will join, And ask for help, We spend a good half hour or so building a house and farm, They say they have to leave, And they do. But after that I never see them again, 50% will come online each day though. They scream out your name and ask you how your day has been, Oh how I love those sort of guests. Others just push the limits then you find them in the banned section of the forums. I dont see why they cant just leave?

Anyways! I try to visit the server as much as I can, I have Intengent's house design which is cozy and warm, With a featured CNB Secret Staircase, Which is fun for when only 5 or so are on. In the mornings I will visit after a shower, See how everyone is, I will ask if anyone needs a quick hand. On the weekends I will wake up early, Get to know more people. To this day I only really know 1/2 the playerbase! Im learning, Just as my grandfather always said, "You learn something new every day" I didnt think this was true til I was about 10, Each day was a surprise to me from there. One of my old friends, Who used to play on the server (Wish495) Would always Skype me and ask me "So what are you doing, Wait.. Oasis >,>" I just said "No..." Hung up and kept playing ^-^". Im not saying I chose Oasis over him, Im just saying that Oasis is highly addictive, So addictive in science class I made Oaisis out of Elements! Oasis Oxygen + Arsenic + Iodine + Sulfur.
More to the point,
What does make me so different about the other Trusted's? Well, I smell noises, Taste sounds and hear colors! But to an honest factor, I like to help out, whenever I can, With items, New players, Projects or just a conversation. The main reason I want / need this rank is for /tpa, Sure, The other perks are pretty cool, But teleportation is a key feature of helping people out.

I know people might / will comment that I am not ready, But I need the feedback for what I can improve on, I think that I am ready for such a noble rank, Like the great Pax once said to me, Its not about the time that counts, Its about the responsibility & power that goes with it.

The main thing I live by on Oasis, Which makes me different, Is the code of Chivalry, Made back in the Medieval times:
To fear God and maintain His Church - Run from Pax & Mad (Kidding) Respect Oasis as is
To serve the liege lord in valour and faith - Respect staff as is
To protect the weak and defenseless - Help those who need it most
To give succor to widows and orphans - Help those who have had a bad day
To refrain from the wanton giving of offence - Try not to hurt anyone (emotionally)
To live by honor and for glory - Dont put yourself down
To despise pecuniary reward - When you help someone, Dont try to get rewarded
To fight for the welfare of all - If there was an in-just ban, Tell staff your side of the story 100% honestly
To obey those placed in authority - Again, Respect Staff
To guard the honor of fellow knights - Respect others who play on Oasis
To eschew unfairness, meanness and deceit - Stay out of trouble
To keep faith - Dont break the rules
At all times to speak the truth - Dont lie to staff or players
To respect the honor of women - Dont be sexist
Never to refuse a challenge from an equal - Get involved
Never to turn the back upon a foe - Watch out for pesty trolls

Thank you for taking your time to read this application, Please reply your honest thoughts on this thread appropriately, And pinpoint any mistakes so I can fix it up :)

Yours sincerely,
Peter (The Panda)

Last edited by Pandaz1 on 5/25/2013, 10:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pandaz1
Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2) Empty Re: Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2)

Post by Heisenberg 5/12/2013, 10:26 am

TL;DR
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 5/12/2013, 10:44 am

Question

tl;dr
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by vitality96 5/12/2013, 10:51 am

Okay, so I read it (which took me quite a while TBH, and no, I don't need glasses) and it seems like you have put a lot of time and effort into it, which I appreciate, but it's excessive IMHO.

You are quite frequent and active on the server, so you have my vouch. Good luck.
vitality96
vitality96
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive474 5/12/2013, 11:56 am

I promised you that I would read the entire thing when you posted it, and I kept that promise!!

VOUCH!!
Olive474
Olive474
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by AttractiveBanana 5/12/2013, 12:13 pm

TL;DR, I WILL vouch for you, but calm down about it, you've been non stop talking about it all day. Cool it a bit alright?
AttractiveBanana
AttractiveBanana
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 5/12/2013, 12:24 pm

Well, that's the longest app I've ever read. You are very active on the server, generally nice, help new players so I think you get a vouch from me.
Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2) Revilo15
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NoahDooling 5/12/2013, 12:53 pm

I will vouch for you. Good luck!
NoahDooling
NoahDooling
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 5/12/2013, 2:32 pm

I think you may have rambled a bit there and went off topic. Also, the usage of colours made it hard for me to read :[

But either way you seem to have a lot of potential, and I notice things like that. It's not that i'm not going to vouch, but I need to keep a close eye on your behaviour before I make that decision. To even get to this point is good though, so here's a happyface. Smile
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 8:04 pm

I'm tl;dr even some of the pink words XD but I read most of it Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2) 758422
still,
Vouch!
a few reasons why:
-You've been a great friend of mine since you rejoined ;w;
-constantly helping guests, whether it be with supplying food, building a house.... or explaining the rules or server features before I get a chance to l: XD
-you're always self-driven to improve (in helping, building, or etc)

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ327 5/13/2013, 2:20 am

Here we go, I know how you love to detail your apps and that's great. But sometimes I think it tends to go a little off topic. Anyhow here's my shiny vouch :)
AJ327
AJ327
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by nsuth13 #2 5/13/2013, 2:41 am

I vouch, the only thing is that you've been on the server 3 months and i just don't that enough for veteran (correct me if it's not 3 months) Veteran means Long time player I'd like to see you as a Trusted + But soon You'll be ready for veteran!

Keep up your good behavior and helping on the server!
Also I thought you were dyl not the admins I told the admins :3

Also Next month it's my 1 year anniversary yeah!!

nsuth13 #2
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz1 5/13/2013, 5:50 am

nsuth13 #2 wrote:
Also I thought you were dyl not the admins I told the admins :3

Also Next month it's my 1 year anniversary yeah!!

All I can say is good memory xD, I'm happy they decided that I really wasnt Dyl. And Congrats to your near year anniversary! I have something special planned for you :)

Thanks to all the others that are showing their support too!
Pandaz1
Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 5/14/2013, 10:11 pm

+1 Grimvouch
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 5/14/2013, 10:46 pm

The only "issue" I had with it is, that even though I like long, detailed, apps, I don't like ones that gets off topic. This one got off topic. I think you are a fun person to play with, and I see you helping others out, wether it being helping guests, or helping other players with high ranks. I think you are worthy of this rank, but I also think AJ is too... it is so hard to decide... I love you both. I am going to vouch on both, being I think both of you deserve it, even though only 1 can be picked at 1 time (correct me if I am wrong). i will give you a dancing cactus as a farewell present. until we meet again, fine sir, Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2) 758422
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz1 5/14/2013, 10:57 pm

4emersons wrote:The only "issue" I had with it is, that even though I like long, detailed, apps, I don't like ones that gets off topic. This one got off topic. I think you are a fun person to play with, and I see you helping others out, wether it being helping guests, or helping other players with high ranks. I think you are worthy of this rank, but I also think AJ is too... it is so hard to decide... I love you both. I am going to vouch on both, being I think both of you deserve it, even though only 1 can be picked at 1 time (correct me if I am wrong). i will give you a dancing cactus as a farewell present. until we meet again, fine sir, Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2) 758422

You are allowed to vouch for countless Apps, For vouches only show support for them :) I understand what you mean, Where I get off track, Which is why I made some sections of the application in a violet / pink text, So you can skip to the important sections. I wish you luck in your Veteran App too!
Pandaz1
Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2) Empty Re:

Post by surv1v0r08 5/15/2013, 11:57 am

Well, lets jump straight in. Without a doubt you are a great player and are always willing to help newer players to the server feel welcome and 'at home'. You are also very respectful of others, never have I seen you tease or joke around with someone in a cruel or offensive way. However, you have not been a part of this server very long. Definitely not long enough for Veteran. I really think you need to wait a few more months before attempting.

-Surv
surv1v0r08
surv1v0r08
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz1 5/16/2013, 8:54 am

surv1v0r08 wrote:Well, lets jump straight in. Without a doubt you are a great player and are always willing to help newer players to the server feel welcome and 'at home'. You are also very respectful of others, never have I seen you tease or joke around with someone in a cruel or offensive way. However, you have not been a part of this server very long. Definitely not long enough for Veteran. I really think you need to wait a few more months before attempting.

-Surv

I am aware that the Veteran roll, Is a very highly noble & honorable rank, Both digitally and mentally, I, As a person do think I am ready for this hefty rank.
Pandaz1
Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz1 5/25/2013, 6:25 pm

Pandaz1's Veteran Application (#2) MarioBumpGIF
Pandaz1
Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Malris_Bengado 5/25/2013, 7:17 pm

idon't know what i'm doing but hey you have my vouch but i still don't don't know what i'm doing
Malris_Bengado
Malris_Bengado
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 5/25/2013, 10:25 pm

I will give Panda my vouch. I've seen nothing but good ever come from him.
Great player.
Great times.
Great vouch.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/2/2013, 5:56 am

This player has been permanently banned from Oasis-SMP.
I'd like to advice a
LOCK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich 6/2/2013, 10:45 am

All your vouches are bad, and you shoud feel bad!

THREAD LOCKED!

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down