Revilo410
Pandaz1
InitialBN
Mettenburg
8 posters

Go down

Taking off Lockette Autolock Empty Taking off Lockette Autolock

Post by Mettenburg 5/10/2013, 8:19 pm

The only reason I am suggesting this is because I as a player like to label my chests, but I can not do this with the Lockette Autolock. Every time I put a label sign on my chests in automatically turns into a Lockette lock sign. Can this be changed? If not I understand.

Thanks,
Mettenburg
Mettenburg
Mettenburg
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Taking off Lockette Autolock Empty Re: Taking off Lockette Autolock

Post by Guest 5/10/2013, 9:20 pm

I tried to edit the first line ([private]) but it wouldn't change...so I'm assuming no...

However, I've used the command to add usernames to the lockette to label chests sometimes (as long as it's line 3, and not the line your name is on, that's edited)
But then you have to hope that no one happens to have the username "apples" if you added the word "apples" to the chest to label it...
Rightclick sign and you'll get an orange message that says something like "sign selected blahblahblah" then type /lockette 3 username (or in this case, label name)

I've just been puting an extra sign on the block over-behind my chests because my luck someone with the username "Wool" would find my house and eat all my wool l:

Back to top Go down

Post by InitialBN 5/10/2013, 9:43 pm

I usually just label my chests with signs on the wall just above the chest.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz1 5/10/2013, 10:20 pm

Lina wrote:I've just been puting an extra sign on the block over-behind my chests because my luck someone with the username "Wool" would find my house and eat all my wool l:

You can always type "/lockette 3 &fWool" Which makes the Wool sign white, And also means that only someone with the username &fwool can use it, Not much of a chance of that happening that c:
Pandaz1
Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 5/11/2013, 4:22 am

InitialBN wrote:I usually just label my chests with signs on the wall just above the chest.

This is what I normally do as well, I think it's the best solution
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mettenburg 5/11/2013, 8:54 am

Okay, I am not trying to be a know it all but I know it can be changed in the config file. I use to run a server myself and ran lockette on it. Just look for this line - enable-quick-protect: false - in your config file it (of course) should say true not false. And, of course, just change the true to false. The reason I do not just put the item name on the lockette sign is because then the [private] takes up viable sign lines. Also I do not like putting signs on the walls, either above or beside the chests, do to the fact I tend to need a lot of chests and need all of the room I can get. I know this may seem like I am being hard and what not, but I am truly not, I am just trying to help out in a way I know I can.
Mettenburg
Mettenburg
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/11/2013, 12:50 pm

Taking off autolock would be nice for labeling...
on the other hand, it might not be so nice for the people who aren't familiar with lockette too well (guests) and will probably mess up their chest and get things stolen that staff isn't liable to replace, rather then simply rightclicking the chest (ex. all the doors that are constantly messed up because doors do not autolock). I think the autolock is there for a reason :\ (even if the one reason I mentioned wasn't it).

The cons aren't too bad though so maybe it could be done, mention it to madsci and pax in game, since they'd be knowledgeable about what changes should be implemented.
Taking off Lockette Autolock 758422

Back to top Go down

Post by Mettenburg 5/11/2013, 7:00 pm

Okay, thank you everyone for the very good input. I will definitely talk to pax and madsci and get a better understanding on why the autolock is implemented.
Mettenburg
Mettenburg
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 5/11/2013, 7:38 pm

Mettenburg wrote:Okay, thank you everyone for the very good input. I will definitely talk to pax and madsci and get a better understanding on why the autolock is implemented.
It's implemented because it's much more conveinent and easy for the players (specifically the guests) to simply place the signs on their chests without having to type [private] and mess up on their username.

So long story short, it's implemented to make it easier for one to put on protection.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by monster51234 5/11/2013, 8:14 pm

I just use the item frames...

monster51234
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 5/11/2013, 10:07 pm

I agree with monster, I just use item frames. It makes it easier to see what the chest has because you don't have to be in an angle that makes it read-able and you simply don't have to read the sign you can just look and easily tell what it is. But then again, it might not be worth it because item frames take leather and leather is not very popular it seems.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by AKTIV8R 5/12/2013, 5:46 pm

I like the convienence of autolock but maybe there could be a way to make it so the secong sign placed doesn't auto lock?

I'm not well versed with lockette let alone any plugins (I'm still a PC minecraft nub...) so I can't say that its even possible to do. But that could be a solution

AKTIV8R
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down