eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid

+4
realgriffin
gretchyn
Netherpro
ericcanam
8 posters

Go down

Are you going to use the Buy-Sell room, or Classifieds room more?

eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid I_vote_lcap17%eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid I_vote_lcap17%eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid I_vote_lcap66%eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid I_vote_rcap 66% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid Empty eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid

Post by ericcanam 3/24/2013, 1:36 pm

Hey. I've been working on eBay for a bit, and it is ready. Please, take a look at my warp app:

Minecraft username: ericcanam

Real name (recommended): Eric

Proposed name of warp: eBay

Location of warp (coordinates):
x: -2
y: 82
z: 294
Direction facing upon warp: 3 (East)

Why do you deserve a warp?:
I believe I deserve a warp because a lot of time and effort was put into this warp. The idea was well-thought out and the warp violates no rules. A lot of materials were put into this warp, as well. I think that this warp is something that people would use regularly, as many people use eBay in real life.

Some may argue that eBay is too similar to shop world, and in some ways, it is. But shop world requires you to buy a shop, and it may not be worth it if your shop only sells one or two things. The shop also has fixed prices, whereas the Classifieds room in eBay has walls meant for negotiating and/or bidding on items. The shop world is great, don't get me wrong. I shop there all the time. But the shop does not offer as many ways to shop as eBay does. The way one shops depends totally on the seller and the buyer. eBay is not meant as a replacement for the shop. eBay is meant only to offer a shopping experience that Shop World cannot. In no way does this mean that people will stop shopping at the Shop World.

If your warp will be for a town, how developed is the skeleton of the town? Is it ready to be inhabited?: eBay is ready to be shopped in. The only thing I have yet to prepare are the Store Plots. Those will hopefully be done by the end of today.

I would like to thank Pax, as his shop in Shop World provided many important materials. I would like to thank Noah, as he loaned me some money to help buy stuff from Pax. I would also like to thank whoever reviews this. Wether or not you accept the warp, thank you for taking the time to read this, as I'm sure you could be doing something else more important.

Thanks Again,
- Eric Canam

Post-Publishing Edit:
Hey guys. There is a NEW place where I'd like you to leave comments instead of here.
bit.ly/eBayOasis2
I'll still be following THIS topic, in case you miss this or you want to quote a comment already on here, but if possible, please use the link shown above.

Later, Oasis.
- Eric

Last edited by ericcanam on 3/31/2013, 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : New Warp App)
ericcanam
ericcanam
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

http://bit.ly/OasisChalkboard

Back to top Go down

eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid Empty Re: eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid

Post by Netherpro 3/24/2013, 10:31 pm

O-O sounds like youve out ALOT into the creation of this warp, VOUCH! ill be looking forward to seeing it.
Netherpro
Netherpro
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid Empty sure

Post by gretchyn 3/25/2013, 11:51 am

though i'd suggest a name that's not corporate ---o-bay even ... dont know how the real ebay would react to someone using their name

vouch.. think about a new name, though
---just a suggestion, not a demand
gretchyn
gretchyn
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

http://ipocketcast.com

Back to top Go down

Post by realgriffin 3/25/2013, 1:13 pm

gretchyn wrote:though i'd suggest a name that's not corporate ---o-bay even ... dont know how the real ebay would react to someone using their name

vouch.. think about a new name, though
---just a suggestion, not a demand

I think changing the name is a good idea, but remember, we currently have a "Walmart"...no complaints yet.
realgriffin
realgriffin
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by gretchyn 3/25/2013, 1:17 pm

true... foodlion, too
lol
either way... an auction thing would be good
gretchyn
gretchyn
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by realgriffin 3/25/2013, 1:24 pm

gretchyn wrote:true... foodlion, too
lol
either way... an auction thing would be good

Agreed, I also VOUCH for this.
realgriffin
realgriffin
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by cmanrocks2012 3/25/2013, 8:31 pm

That actually sounds fun, Vouch.
cmanrocks2012
cmanrocks2012
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by littlebender123 3/25/2013, 10:53 pm

Vouch, sounds cool!
littlebender123
littlebender123
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/26/2013, 1:59 am

This sounds like a great way to sell more difficult to price check items... like enchanted books and swords and other thigns *-*
vouch eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid 758422

Back to top Go down

eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid Empty eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid

Post by ericcanam 3/26/2013, 9:37 pm

Linah wrote:This sounds like a great way to sell more difficult to price check items... like enchanted books and swords and other thigns *-*
vouch eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid 758422

I agree. The Shop World has shops with different prices on the exact same item. Some people sell Cobble for 32 dollars a stack, others for 1 a stack. The Classifieds Room would much resemble a mashed-together Kijiji or eBay Classifieds page. A little less organized, but (again) offers a different kind of shopping that Shop World cannot.

I know gretchyn and maybe a few others mentioned this, but I don't think we would have a problem with the real eBay. We are a relatively small server and even if somebody from eBay walked across this server and found out about OUR version of eBay, it is unlikely that anything would happen. If we are asked to remove it, I will do so, as I want no trouble.

Thank you for all the vouches and feedback. I really do appreciate that. I'm not even just saying that to be nice. I really DO appreciate the feedback and comments. I think I WILL build store plots if you guys want them. So, if anybody would like a shop plot in advance, they can /mail me, or leave me a PM on this lovely Forumotion site. Anybody that does this before (if) the warp is accepted will get a discount. Those that are reading this a little too late will not have to worry, as the plots will not be as pricey as those in the Shop World. They will likely be reduced to 5% of the price or something like that. It depends on the size and amount of work I have to do. Clearing out a space and making it look as it does in my mind will take a while.

Another idea I've been thinking about a little is a storage room, where those who (like me) always have a full inventory can store their less important crap without taking up too much space in their homes. Some might argue that this is what basements are for. I agree; this may be redundant. So tell me what you think of this idea and I might make it happen.

Any other ideas you may have (as terrible as you might think they are) could actually work out really well, so if you DO have one, don't be afraid to tell me. If I end up using the idea, I will give you credit on a statue or something like that.

Anyways, that was just an update on my plans for eBay. I would like to thank everybody once again for the comments and feedback, and too the three or four people who've already seen it.

Later, Oasis.
- Eric
ericcanam
ericcanam
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 3/27/2013, 10:50 am

I liked the idea of having classifieds ads. In addition to the regular plots, I'd like to see a "Bulletin Board" right at the warp point for rare trades. People could pay a fee to post a sign on the board for some period of time, like a month. For example, I'd put up a sign:
"Selling:$600, Unbr3 Prot4, D.Armor, ~Grimtongue"
or if I was looking to buy something rare:
"Wanted:, Silk Touch, Ench book, ~Grimtongue"

When you do get some plots up, I'd definitely like to get one.
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by gretchyn 3/27/2013, 12:21 pm

Same here... sign me up :)
gretchyn
gretchyn
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by realgriffin 3/27/2013, 1:11 pm

Will you need a staff to run this? If so, about how many people do you need?
realgriffin
realgriffin
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid Empty New Map

Post by ericcanam 3/29/2013, 1:23 pm

Hey, Oasis. As most of you probably already know, Oasis has just adopted a new map with the 1.5 update. as one of the people working on a big project, (and assured by many staff that the map wouldn't change) I am not happy about it. While the new map is really nice and nowhere near as crowded, it is just not the same, and will take some getting used to.

I am here to assure you that I will continue to work on eBay, but it will take a long time to gather any and all materials that may be needed. So don't worry, all of those who wanted a store plot will still get one, it just won't be as soon as previously thought.

Please share your thoughts on the new map updates in the comments and feel free to leave suggestions for eBay in the comments as well.

Later, Oasis
- Eric
ericcanam
ericcanam
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/29/2013, 3:31 pm

ericcanam wrote:Hey, Oasis. As most of you probably already know, Oasis has just adopted a new map with the 1.5 update. as one of the people working on a big project, (and assured by many staff that the map wouldn't change) I am not happy about it. While the new map is really nice and nowhere near as crowded, it is just not the same, and will take some getting used to.

I am here to assure you that I will continue to work on eBay, but it will take a long time to gather any and all materials that may be needed. So don't worry, all of those who wanted a store plot will still get one, it just won't be as soon as previously thought.

Please share your thoughts on the new map updates in the comments and feel free to leave suggestions for eBay in the comments as well.

Later, Oasis
- Eric

..."assured"?
Idk about you, but everytime I asked or saw someone ask as it got closer to update, I got this response: " I doubt it" "99.9% sure".

(maybe it is really just me though, I tend to space out a lot.... sorry the map change interfered... regardless, I'm sure this will turn out amazing eBay - Buy, Sell, Bid 758422 )
I might be able to lend hep building at least, since I have artisan kits and whatnot :\

Back to top Go down

Post by ericcanam 3/30/2013, 9:43 am

[quote="Linah"][quote="ericcanam"]Hey, Oasis. As most of you probably already know, Oasis has just adopted a new map with the 1.5 update. as one of the people working on a big project, (and assured by many staff that the map wouldn't change) I am not happy about it. While the new map is really nice and nowhere near as crowded, it is just not the same, and will take some getting used to.

Later, Oasis
- Eric[/quote]

..."assured"?
Idk about you, but everytime I asked or saw someone ask as it got closer to update, I got this response: " I doubt it" "99.9% sure".

(maybe it is really just me though, I tend to space out a lot.... sorry the map change interfered... regardless, I'm sure this will turn out amazing :cactus: )
I might be able to lend hep building at least, since I have artisan kits and whatnot :\[/quote]

Yeah, they assured me, as in made me POSITIVE that the map wouldn't change.

Anyways, I'm a good builder (everything is structurally sound) but I'm not the most creative builder, so your help would be awesome. I'm just going to spend some time gathering stuff that may be necessary like cobble, iron, and then find a good spot to build it. Once I've done that, I'll tell you. :)

Later, Oasis
- Eric
ericcanam
ericcanam
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair 3/31/2013, 8:33 pm

accepted
commander_chair