Kevo235
Paxination
Kyorgtea
10 posters

Go down

Muted and In Jail Empty Muted and In Jail

Post by Kyorgtea 1/10/2013, 8:56 pm

I see how i can be in jail and muted, but i don't understand really

it says in kevo's rule book no fire but then it says on HERE the server rules created BY THE OWNER OF OASIS

- Fire blocks(Aside from donators, veterans, architects and Staff)

so
i'm wonder why i am banned, everyone was trolling me when i was trying
to do something nice for the server. They where making graves and
placing spawned items all over public places, i told them to stop. I
eventually got very pissed at them, then they gave me sugar and told me
to get 'high' i found that very offensive.

Many people use fire for fireplaces, and many people spawn fire in the neather too (that's reasonable but seriously why?)

So
i set the area around the grave on fire, basically they got annoyed
with me showing how angry i was because i tried to tell them they where
trolling me. They tried to put it out and they stepped in it, there own
fault and there own choice.

I would like a reason why i was sent
to jail, and why i was muted. I was talking to BattleAxe and Olive
because i was telling them how i felt, i was very irritated. (that is
not a direct threat or complaint, i am just mentioning that)

Thank you for reading this.
Kyorgtea
Kyorgtea
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Muted and In Jail Empty Re: Muted and In Jail

Post by Paxination 1/10/2013, 9:03 pm

You were told why you were jailed! Be glad I cant tempban. Or I would have dont that instead. You spawned fire blocks and placed them around other players haphazardly!

I then proceeded to warn you about your whining. I told you to be quiet, or I would mute you. I came back and you were still complaining about it. So I muted you!
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 1/10/2013, 9:19 pm

It also says pvp is not allowed, and from what i've heard you were placing them around people. Also, the rules are under staff discretion and therefore Pax has the say until further notice.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive474 1/10/2013, 9:29 pm

Although I was throwing sugar everywhere, I did not make that comment, and I don't know who did. Our intent was not to offend or annoy you, and I truly am sorry if we did.

HOWEVER: What you did was completely unnecessary, and against the rules.
Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but when you were on the server, you said something along the lines of "The rules said flint and steel wasn't allowed, not fire." If flint and steel is a banned item, I think it's common sense that spawned fire would be too.
You were asked multiple times to stop placing fire, but you ignored that. A few players (including me) caught on fire, but that didn't stop you either, even though pvp isn't allowed in the area which this took place. You said "It's your own fault" and continued to preform the ban-able act.

This is why you were jailed, and Paxination has already explained the reasoning behind you being muted.

Last edited by Olive474 on 1/10/2013, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Olive474
Olive474
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyorgtea 1/10/2013, 9:32 pm

Olive474 wrote:
You were asked multiple times to stop placing fire, but you ignored that. A few players (including me) caught on fire, but that didn't stop you either, even though pvp isn't allowed in the area which this took place. You said "It's your own fault" and continued to preform the ban-able act.

I asked you multiple times to stop, you ignored me and also continued to perform a ban-able act.

It is also your fault i got very mad, and your fault that you went in the fire

You guys asked me to stop, not anyone with any authority like a admin or a guide.

Last edited by Kyorgtea on 1/10/2013, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : and also)
Kyorgtea
Kyorgtea
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 1/10/2013, 9:37 pm

Basically, if someone asks you to stop, you should stop. The only way to CONTINUE to do that is if you had the permission of a staff member.

For example: I (who am not staff) tell someone that their house is stupid and it sucks. They ask me to stop and I ask a cool ass mod like Kevo if I went too far. He says yes. I stop.

Same example: I (who am not staff) tell someone that their house is stupid and it sucks. They ask me to stop and I continue doing so. Kevo bans me for harrassment.

Samish example: I (who am not staff) tell someone that their house is stupid and it sucks. They ask me to stop and I ask a cool ass mod like Kevo if I went too far. He says no. I am able to continue criticizing their house if I please until further notice from Staff.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by DialupConnection 1/10/2013, 10:02 pm

I was there, sitting on the sidelines listening to this entire event. And I just want to give my two cents on the topic.

This is just my opinion, but I believe that Olive and Battle were in the wrong. Mary (sorry, I cannot pronounce or type your name) was provoked multiple times, asking both Olive and Battle, MULTIPLE times to just leave her alone. When they kept annoying her, (the drug joke [which was Battle, not Olive], building graves) she set fire around the graves. She didn't SET them on fire, they walked into it. Battle also went on for 15 or so minutes, spamming spawned redstone all over the ground, claiming that he was "bleeding", which got pretty annoying.

On the other hand, Mary may have overacted, setting fire everywhere, but given the circumstances, I do not blame her at all for what she did.
DialupConnection
DialupConnection
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 1/10/2013, 10:15 pm

Dude, you have a problem with someone, tell staff. Don't 'Light everywhere around them' on fire. Chances are someone's gonna 'accidently' 'fall into' the fire.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jawell 1/10/2013, 10:25 pm

Kyorgtea wrote:

You guys asked me to stop, not anyone with any authority like a admin or a guide.

Here's my input on the matter at hand on how to deal with this.

1. Anger is controllable, and trying to blame someone else on it isn't exactly an awesome thing to do if you ask me. Again, anger is something you have to learn to control.

2. You were asked to stop. Stop. Admin or not, they have a voice, or text, or whatever, and just because they are not higher ranking, doesn't mean they are not right about whatever past, present, or future events we ever could be dealing with.

I don't have any real opinions to this, it just came up to me on teamspeak. I talked to olive garden about this already. She told me that she was only saying that it was wrong to set everything on fire. I don't know about battleaxe though. Everyone had their own faults, but this is just my input.
Jawell
Jawell
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 1/10/2013, 10:27 pm

First off, to the best of my knowledge she did not DIRECTLY ask them to stop. Considering all the convo's going on during that time its hard to say. But I am 90% sure she didnt.

SECOND, I PERSONALLY asked her if she was ok or if she needed help! She told me she was fine, that she was surrounded by idiots! Her words. IF she had a problem she should have told ME! I went as far to ask her what was wrong. Said she was fine.

THIRD, NO ONE IS AT FAULT FOR YOU BEING ANGRY! It is your responsibility to control your anger! I can understand someone PISSING you off, but how you REACT to it is in YOUR CONTROL! Not theirs! Its how you decide to react on that feeling! You could have EASILY pm'd or /helpop me or just SCREAMED IN CAPS AT ME, I would have helped you as SOON as I could. We had 30+ players on and I was by my self!

At the moment I could not have tp'd over there earlier as I was handling other things and trying to watch chat at the same time.

Battleaxe and Olivia are not the ones being questioned right now, Kyorgtea is! We will deal with them when it comes time, IF we see a need to do so!
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by DialupConnection 1/10/2013, 10:47 pm

I should probably rephrase what I said.

Did she get annoyed to the point of doing this: Yes.

Was it out of line and excessive?: Yes.

Does she deserve to get punished: Yes.
DialupConnection
DialupConnection
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive474 1/10/2013, 11:13 pm

Kyorgtea wrote:
Olive474 wrote:

I asked you multiple times to stop, you ignored me and also continued to perform a ban-able act.

I do not remember committing any ban-able act, and I do not remember you asking me to stop. Please explain.
I honestly don't know how I offended or annoyed you, even though I have asked many times.

"You guys asked me to stop, not anyone with any authority like a admin or a guide." - You
Do I even NEED to point out what is wrong with this statement? Basically: The fact that you just said this makes you a hypocrite.
Apparently we were offending you in some way, and according to you, you asked us to stop.
Let's put this in a theoretical sense, here. If this were actually a server rule, it would apply to EVERYONE who was not staff, and that includes you. This would also mean that even if you DID tell us to stop whatever it was that we were doing (still not sure if you told us to or not) then your request would be irrelivant
That is NOT how the server works, and nor should it be.

Now... Would you be so kind as to tell me what EXACTLY I did to offend you? Please go into detail if you must.

Olive474
Olive474
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 1/11/2013, 6:55 am

Kyorgtea wrote:You guys asked me to stop, not anyone with any authority like a admin or a guide.
Are you freaking serious? If somebody tells you to stop, you should probably stop what you are doing regardless if that player is staff or not. Disrespecting a player is almost as bad as disrespecting a staff member.

Kyorgtea wrote:it says in kevo's rule book no fire but then it says on HERE the server rules created BY THE OWNER OF OASIS
Two things about that statement.
1. The rules mentioned in the rulebook are designed for guests, not donators. Why? Because spawning fireblocks is allowed for donators. However,spamming them and placing them all over the place in a fit of rage is not allowed at all. Many people in the past have done this exact thing and they were demoted a rank or two, purely for abusing the /i command and doing things like this.

Kyorgtea wrote:I would like a reason why i was sent to jail, and why i was muted.
You were muted and jailed because guides do not have the ability to issue temporary bans, and the only staff member online at the point was Paxination. You are more than welcome to talk to Pax about this - he's the one who jailed you and muted you.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 1/11/2013, 10:44 am

Kyorgtea wrote:You guys asked me to stop, not anyone with any authority like a admin or a guide.

He asked me to stop, but he didn't have any authority like a judge or cop.

That, your honour, is why I think I'm not guilty of murder.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 1/11/2013, 11:15 am

Taccy wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyorgtea 1/11/2013, 11:25 am

Kevo235 wrote:
Taccy wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Omfg XD

I think I have a simple solution, the staff can take away my /I privileges until I can show myself responsible.

Today I realized I did not take my medication last night, so that was another reason I would have used fire instead of handling it marurely

I really love this server, I also love all my friends on here I realized how stupid I acted yesterday, I'd be a shame if I was banned, I hope if I come home from school I can continue to play on the server c:

-Kyorgtea ((at school))(((mobile)))
Kyorgtea
Kyorgtea
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 1/11/2013, 1:04 pm

Kyorgtea wrote:I think I have a simple solution, the staff can take away my /I privileges until I can show myself responsible.
I'm glad you came up this idea yourself.

I personally think this would be the best solution, for now imo.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyorgtea 1/11/2013, 3:20 pm

Leagle wrote:
Kyorgtea wrote:I think I have a simple solution, the staff can take away my /I privileges until I can show myself responsible.
I'm glad you came up this idea yourself.

I personally think this would be the best solution, for now imo.

C: so that means I can still play on oasis? ;u;

I am currently still on my moblie my moblie phone I am out of school
Kyorgtea
Kyorgtea
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 1/11/2013, 3:29 pm

someone getting demoted for something they are convinced they didn't do or a rule they didn't break? Sounds familiar to me. And look how that situation turned out. Second chances are only good if the person given the chance actually uses it. What's the point in giving someone a present if they don't use it or they ignore it. If kyorg swears she will use this as a learning opportunity and grow from it, I say it doesn't matter what exactly happened.

On the flip side, Olive and Battle shouldn't get off scotch free, either. They provoked this incident. Remember this event when you don't get a promo you want or are included in something.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 1/11/2013, 7:49 pm

mickdude2 wrote:someone getting demoted for something they are convinced they didn't do or a rule they didn't break? Sounds familiar to me. And look how that situation turned out. Second chances are only good if the person given the chance actually uses it. What's the point in giving someone a present if they don't use it or they ignore it. If kyorg swears she will use this as a learning opportunity and grow from it, I say it doesn't matter what exactly happened.

On the flip side, Olive and Battle shouldn't get off scotch free, either. They provoked this incident. Remember this event when you don't get a promo you want or are included in something.

? In thought staff were the ones deciding promos, mb.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 1/11/2013, 8:27 pm

Mick....sounds to me like some one is still butthurt over that?! So here it is....yes she is allowed to spawn fire blocks, my bad! I was informed incorrectly. I should have looked over the rules more correctly. BUT, THERE IS A RULE ABOUT SPAMMING FIRE BLOCKS IN A FIT OF RAGE. Which is what she did. I jailed her to protect her. To stop her from doing anything else stupid that WOULD result in a ban or loss of ALL her donator perks! I also proceeded to mute her so she would not say something that she might regret later on! I done all of that to protect HER! Not punish her! If I had tempban at the time, eventaully I would have tempbanned her till we came to a decision.

And Kyorgtea, I would not have banned you from Oasis for that. Not a bannable offense for donators.

We have handled the situation and it has been delt with. END OF DISCUSSION! TOPIC LOCKED!
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down