Master_moles
mhreynolds
Berezur
8 posters

Go down

My absence Empty My absence

Post by Berezur 4/5/2011, 10:25 am

Hey guys,
I don't have that much time at the moment, because a friend is visiting me every day, i have to play some tournaments and i have to train for 2 upcoming german championships in Go, so i need to imprve my skills because i'd like to be the german youth-champion :) and at the moment there are 3 guys better than me.
Okay, then i have to take care of the problems of some good friends of mine, because they need me to spend much time with them, just to talk and stuff like that.
I'll be online like every second day for like 10minutes or smth like that, but i'll do my best to come online more often, because i really love you guys <3
see you later guys.

farewell ~Berezur~
Berezur
Berezur
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

My absence Empty Re: My absence

Post by mhreynolds 4/5/2011, 7:06 pm

oasis <3 u 2
mhreynolds
mhreynolds
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Master_moles 4/5/2011, 9:19 pm

and moles
Master_moles
Master_moles
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariley 4/7/2011, 2:35 am

and AIRLAY also
Ariley
Ariley
Oasis SMP Founder

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesh 4/11/2011, 2:28 pm

Everyone else loves you! <3....Except that Cloudkesh guy >.>

Kesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 4/11/2011, 3:24 pm

Tourny's for what? ... And BYE you are awesome.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Berezur 4/11/2011, 4:08 pm

it's an asian board game called Go, it's complicated and complex as hell, and you really have to concentrate and to think really much to play it.
it's the picture of my profile :)
Berezur
Berezur
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by JonChen 4/11/2011, 7:37 pm

@Berezur I personaly dont think its complicated to learn. I merely learned this game in about 5 mins. And Go is basicly a connect 5 instead of connect 4. (sorta) I also think Go is a very fun board game, and its cool that ur in 4th place in Germany. But i could beat u since i have a slight advantage because im asian. :) lol jk i really dont think i would come close to beating u.

JonChen
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by c0wman 4/11/2011, 8:48 pm

I don't really know you but good luck any way and i hope it goes over well :)
c0wman
c0wman
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by devildog115 4/11/2011, 9:48 pm

good luck -
Gut ????-

gut tag

EDIT (by Berezur)
good luck means: viel glück or gut glück :)
and it means: guten tag, not gut tag :D
devildog115
devildog115
Banned
Banned

http://www.P2SF.webstarts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by devildog115 4/11/2011, 9:49 pm

Berezur wrote:it's an asian board game called Go, it's complicated and complex as hell, and you really have to concentrate and to think really much to play it.
it's the picture of my profile :)

oh in that case ill probally be the first one to rage quit lol
devildog115
devildog115
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

My absence Empty GO goes Online?

Post by devildog115 4/11/2011, 9:51 pm

NewsMax.com Wires
Friday, Feb. 9, 2007

SEOUL -- As boisterous teenagers wage bloody beast wars in virtual universes at a clamorous downtown Internet cafe, a handful of men, oblivious to the din, stare transfixed at an ancient, slow-paced, black-and-white board game on their screens.

The game, widely known by its Japanese name Go, is an ideal candidate to benefit from the online boom as gaming companies move to offer international networks to connect hundreds of millions of players, most of them in East Asia.

Go, called Wei Qi in China and Baduk in Korea, originated in China more than two thousand years ago and has been widely practiced since, giving birth to a unique culture that revels in its leisurely pace and fiendishly complex strategies.

Two players, with the aim of enlarging their territories, take turns alternately placing black and white stones on a board marked with 19 horizontal and 19 vertical lines.

"The game has a long history and common rules. There's no cultural barrier to overcome," said Ryu Seung yup, head of board game business at South Korean game operator NHN Corp.

NHN, which currently runs separate Go sites in South Korea, Japan and China, plans to launch a combined global platform for the game within this year.

Go is ideally suited to get a boost from the Web because, unlike Chess, no computer program has been developed to compete with experienced human players. Its nearly infinite combinations and sheer strategic complexity have posed a great challenge for program developers.

One program, developed in North Korea and considered the best of the genre, barely beats human players beyond the intermediate level.

Online game sites also help players to easily find well-matched partners. They also offer quality education materials and other content to guide beginners.

"Lots of people have already found international game partners in China, Japan and Thailand on popular game sites," said Yang Hyung-mo, a spokesman for the Korea Baduk Association. "Soon they will attract large numbers of young people who never played (Go) offline."

Go has been the subject of a book "The Master of Go" by Nobel Prize winning Japanese author Yasunari Kawabata and a popular comic book in the country called Hikaru No Go, where a boy -- helped by the ghost of a famous player -- becomes a master and defeats rivals online.

Professionals in Asia already compete in international tournaments, but the online system helps ordinary players sharpen their skills and broaden their strategies. South Korea has a cable channel dedicated to Go, while Japan televises the game extensively.

While rules are the same, experts say each country has different traditions and Go styles, which makes cross-boarder matches more interesting.

"In Japan, where professional Go has long thrived, gamers love formality and refined play," said Jeong Soo-hyun, a professor in the Baduk department at Myongji University. "Koreans are after more practical play, anything that helps win. The flexible and practical style is also in vogue in China."

Just about the only side effect of Go's Internet popularity is the potential for unsportsmanlike conduct, Jeong said. "Not everyone plays fair online."

Helping on-line Go spread in Asia is the fast penetration of high-speed Internet. South Korea and Japan rank among the top countries worldwide in broadband use, while China has shown double-digit growth in Internet penetration.

In South Korea alone, up to 3 million users play Go online through various game sites. China, where about a quarter of the population has access to the Internet in major cities, has some 2 million players, according to NHN.

Japan's players are estimated at around 500,000, a relatively small number due to slower growth of the online game industry, compared with the popular video console games there.

"Probably the biggest obstacle in launching the global Go platform is the different levels of network infrastructure in each country," NHN's Ryu said.

Meanwhile, as online gamers gain power, the old-fashioned Go communities are rapidly shrinking.

The numbers at Kiwon, a game house in South Korea where Go players gather and find partners, fell to a third from its peak of 1,000 in the late 1990s, according to Yang of the Korea Baduk Association.

As some professional tournaments begin to employ online matches for lower-ranking games, the association has also set up a separate cyber association.

"Both the traditional game culture and on-line boom can co-exist," Yang said. "The on-line sites will help (Go) thrive in foreign cultures."

© Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/2/9/124132.shtml

sorry i posted this from a web about GO?

devildog115
devildog115
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Berezur 4/15/2011, 5:01 pm

I'M BACK
or i should say we have holidays right now :)
soo, if i'm not on a party, or too drunken to play minecraft and so on, i'll be online every day for atleast one hour, i hope it's enough for you ;)
hopefully to see all of you on the server.

~Berezur~
Berezur
Berezur
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum