Server Upgrade

2 posters

Go down

Server Upgrade Empty Server Upgrade

Post by Ariley 4/3/2011, 11:12 pm

Hi guys. Just thought I'd officially let you know what's going on.

We're purchasing a dedicated server (that's right, completely dedicated) sometime this week. It's awesome how much we've grown, and I want to reward all of you wonderful people with something that will hopefully run better and be more reliable.

And that's why we're running vanilla - to give you something fun to do in the intermediate time, while we upgrade servers.

Thanks again, and I look forward to working with this new machine! It's an exciting time for the server!

-Ariley
Ariley
Ariley
Oasis SMP Founder

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Server Upgrade Empty Re: Server Upgrade

Post by saeTan 4/4/2011, 3:20 pm

Kind of a clarification, in case some people are confused. The server we are currently running on is dedicated in the sense that we are able to access and run it 24/7, however, the physical computer that our server is running on is actually running 4 different servers at once. Each of these servers is a virtual machine, which greatly decreases performance. The word for this is VPS. The new server we'll be buying is a physical computer that is running only our server, and not on a virtual machine. The hardware we are getting is only a slight upgrade, but the performance will be noticeably increased.
saeTan
saeTan
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down