mickdude2
MarcoTheGod
Z
8 posters

Go down

Redstone Wars Empty Redstone Wars

Post by Z 7/16/2012, 9:47 pm

Just had a spark in the brain.

Pretty much just thinking outloud, but listen to this.

A mini game simaliar to build off, but focuses on the use of Redstone wiring and Redstone contraptions. Over the course of 2 weeks, people will prepare a contraption that 3-4 judges will observe. Winner gets [ prize to be determined later ].

Categories:

Pistons- primary use of pistons

Dispensers- primary use of dispensers

Msc. Whatever you want.

Sub categories

Traps- good option for dispersed category

Secrets- good option for piston category

Msc.- Whatever you want.
-------

Msc can also involve things like lamps, note blocks, fancy repeater delays, etc

Like I said, just thinking outloud.

I'm happy for any feedback.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Redstone Wars Empty Re: Redstone Wars

Post by MarcoTheGod 7/16/2012, 9:50 pm

Your brain had a nice idea.
MarcoTheGod
MarcoTheGod
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 7/16/2012, 9:52 pm

MarcoTheGod wrote:Your brain had a nice idea.

I like my brain.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/16/2012, 9:59 pm

Z wrote:
MarcoTheGod wrote:Your brain had a nice idea.

I like my brain.

I'm less fond of you're brain. But I'm pretty fond of your idea.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 7/16/2012, 10:43 pm

I guess I'm gonna bump this.

I don't see anyone seeing this if I don't.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/16/2012, 10:50 pm

I think you should give the players a set amount of materials, like 10 pistons, 2 stacks of red stone or whatever, and give them a category. Person who uses the least amount of materials to make the most effective contraption wins, or something. You would have to define a category though, like doors, traps, you know.
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrShatang 7/16/2012, 10:54 pm

Cool idea but do we really have that many redstone geniouses on the server other than pisewert83

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 7/16/2012, 10:57 pm

brickhunter1 wrote:I think you should give the players a set amount of materials, like 10 pistons, 2 stacks of red stone or whatever, and give them a category. Person who uses the least amount of materials to make the most effective contraption wins, or something. You would have to define a category though, like doors, traps, you know.

Ah I got it.

Filters.

It could go like:

Spawned/Legit

Large/Medium/Small

Complex/Simple.

Example:

I'm building a Piston secret contraption, that is legit, medium, and simple.

The major splitter would be the Complex/Simple, and of course, Piston/Dispenser/Msc.

And ontop of that, there might be a runner up, so no one whines.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/16/2012, 10:59 pm

Who said there need to be only geniuses for this? The best ideas are simple (buuuuttt...some good ideas are also complex). Anyway, I think it's a great idea, we already have a mini game for builders, we just need one for redstoners!
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 7/16/2012, 11:01 pm

MrShatang wrote:Cool idea but do we really have that many redstone geniouses on the server other than pisewert83

There are plenty of people. Me, you, Uhm... sirp, but he doesnt play anymore....

Alright look at it this way: it doesn't really matter how good the people are. It only matters if they can make a decent Redstone contraption.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/16/2012, 11:18 pm

Z wrote:
MrShatang wrote:Cool idea but do we really have that many redstone geniouses on the server other than pisewert83

There are plenty of people.  Me, you, Uhm... sirp, but he doesnt play anymore....

Alright look at it this way: it doesn't really matter how good the people are. It only matters if they can make a decent Redstone contraption.

So it does matter how good they are.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk 7/17/2012, 10:24 am

Maybe you could make it less like build off and make a redstone fort capture the flag kind of thing. You start with indentical forts and build upon them with redstone contraptions and some maze. The rules being no trapping people in redstone traps and there has to be a safe way to the flag where you don't have to place or destroy any blocks. Be warned, the traps can kill contestants of course. You win by finding their flag and bringing it back to the return room in your fort OR the other team fails enough to lose everyone on their team to your deathly contraptions. No tools or weapons or armor. Just an idea I got reading yours, hope you guys like it.
lordgonk
lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 7/17/2012, 10:44 am

Double response time.

lordgonk wrote:Maybe you could make it less like build off and make a redstone fort capture the flag kind of thing. You start with indentical forts and build upon them with redstone contraptions and some maze. The rules being no trapping people in redstone traps and there has to be a safe way to the flag where you don't have to place or destroy any blocks. Be warned, the traps can kill contestants of course. You win by finding their flag and bringing it back to the return room in your fort OR the other team fails enough to lose everyone on their team to your deathly contraptions. No tools or weapons or armor. Just an idea I got reading yours, hope you guys like it.

Well, my vision was for people to show off their contraptions. Your vision, requires the construction of around 3-5 large forts..

mickdude2 wrote: So it does matter how good they are.

No. Actually, I posted that directly after brick hunter did with the "So what? it can be simple!" post, and I didn't see it. So by answering your question: no. Doesnt matter how good they are.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/17/2012, 4:38 pm

Z wrote:Double response time.

lordgonk wrote:Maybe you could make it less like build off and make a redstone fort capture the flag kind of thing.  You start with indentical forts and build upon them with redstone contraptions and some maze.  The rules being no trapping people in redstone traps and there has to be a safe way to the flag where you don't have to place or destroy any blocks.  Be warned, the traps can kill contestants of course.  You win by finding their flag and bringing it back to the return room in your fort OR the other team fails enough to lose everyone on their team to your deathly contraptions.  No tools or weapons or armor.  Just an idea I got reading yours, hope you guys like it.

Well, my vision was for people to show off their contraptions. Your vision, requires the construction of around 3-5 large forts..

Well what you could do is have teams. Red vs. Blue style, where the red team has a red wool block and the blue team has a blue wool block. Have a 10 minute build period so that the players can build up there traps, then let all hell loose. No griefing (unless its only break leaves or something like that) and no going out of the arena. From the beginning of the match to the end, you can edit anything on you're teams half of the map. The team who gets the 'flag' first wins.

This setup would need a lot of terraforming, or editing the natural landscape. There would have to be choke points and vantage points to give trappers a chance. Damage would be completely off so that you can only kill with traps.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 7/17/2012, 4:45 pm

Instead of a capture the flag thing, you could have the team make an obstacle course and the first team to get across to the other side of their opponent's course wins. Of course, we could do the original idea where we have different themes each time (ex. Size, Purpose, etc.) That was the original idea (i think) and who knows? Someone could start a thread for a capture the flag minigame that has nothing to do with redstone!
brickhunter1
brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kabooseman756 7/17/2012, 5:19 pm

Z wrote:I guess I'm gonna bump this.

I don't see anyone seeing this if I don't.

Pretty much off topic... but..
Did you really have to bump this? You posted it yesterday...
Kabooseman756
Kabooseman756
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by jackOPSftw 7/17/2012, 6:44 pm

Back in the day, when I didn't have a multiplayer account. All I did was rollercoasters, and redstone work.

I vouch, for redstone wars.
jackOPSftw
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down