Krazo
Linkinparkey
Croky1
BroadStreetBully
Adirem
J8cob1
13 posters

Go down

Are these creatures real or fake? (Feel free to look into it)

WHAT THE CRAP? I_vote_lcap29%WHAT THE CRAP? I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
WHAT THE CRAP? I_vote_lcap36%WHAT THE CRAP? I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
WHAT THE CRAP? I_vote_lcap35%WHAT THE CRAP? I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

WHAT THE CRAP? Empty WHAT THE CRAP?

Post by J8cob1 7/16/2012, 3:15 am

This may look like a heavy read, but it might be in your best interest to read it.

Ok... so theres this, and honestly, the evidence seems pretty convincing. If you want the full story, go to http://dsc.discovery.com/show-news/mermaids-the-body-found.html .

Heres the short Oasis-Forum version:

This worries me, some people claim that there actually are humanoid-mermaidlike creatures that exist, and have existed by living in the ocean, and that some were killed by the U.S government by claims of testing a "Sonar Weapon" (Which is probably a big reason that the sight was taken down, thats a hefty claim). Whatever it may be, these people appear to have evidence backing up their claim (and would have more, but... Short version: Research, including DNA Samples done in South Africa, and were later confiscated by the South African government).

Extra Details:
Almost all major cultures of the world have a mermaid or mermaid like creature in their folklore.
(Without ever having contact with each other)
The DNA evidence was eventually released by the South African government.
But was immediately discredited by the science facility it was held at with claims of human contamination.
("How else could the DNA be so closely similar to humans?")

See this:
(See video description for more info)

The video in the video (irony), according to the Discovery Channel, is not fake. This is what worries me. If that really exists, why are we killing it? And the fact that this was taken down by the U.S government instead of simply being discredited by scientists leads to believe that this is not fake.

What do you guys think? The U.S government claims there is a lack of evidence and that it is not real. Im not so sure I agree that we can completely throw this out.
J8cob1
J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

WHAT THE CRAP? Empty Re: WHAT THE CRAP?

Post by Adirem 7/16/2012, 3:44 am

I am a 'first see' kind of guy. who knows, these might be real. IF you think about it, 90% of our oceans has yet to be explored. we know more about outer space than we know about the bottom of the sea. But i highly doubt that these creatures would have anything to do with a human. how would that work? Anatomically i mean. The body we have, is fully evolved to work on dry land.
Adirem
Adirem
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully 7/16/2012, 4:07 am

That kinda reminds me of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Los_Angeles

They claimed there was a mistake between the course of meteorological balloons and tracking by the US Military. All across LA, emergency air raid drills were put into effect. Over 1,400 Anti-Aircraft shells fired, not one single "balloon" was taken down nor even recorded, even after an hour of firing.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Croky1 7/16/2012, 5:25 am

There might well be a collection of mermaids scattered about the earth. The US government have already let secrets from us like area 51.

Croky1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkinparkey 7/16/2012, 5:52 am

Dunno about the creatures, but video = fake lol

- btw, does "yes" mean "They're real" in the vote?
Linkinparkey
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo 7/16/2012, 6:10 am

vid = fake
mermaids = maybe real i dunno, Nuclear stuff can do much to a human body/animal body

Last edited by bmxfloris on 7/16/2012, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 7/16/2012, 6:14 am

But... that thing doesn't even look like Ariel.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkinparkey 7/16/2012, 6:47 am

Here's the full video from the animal planet special on mermaids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfPWHPyU1u4&feature=related
Linkinparkey
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by jackOPSftw 7/16/2012, 7:10 am

Thats the fakest shit ive seen.

Thats all i have to say.
jackOPSftw
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkinparkey 7/16/2012, 9:39 am

This gives food for thought, but as I see it, they don't provide any real solid evidence. The only solid evidence they have are the recordings (the Bloop) that could come from any kind of animal (not necesarily a mermaid).

Things that could indicate the existence of mermaids would be the fact that different cultures have described mermaids independently, stories from fishermen, speared fish in the middle of the ocean (although I can't find anything on that subject, other than the movie), that the gorvernment have been closing sites related to mermaids (http://mermaidsarealive.com)

Now, as I saw this movie (and did some research through the web) a few questions arised.
1. Why would the gorverntment hide the existence of mermaids? Because of fear that people would lose faith in religion? Because of fear of panic among people? Because it would mean immediate shutdown of the supposed testings of sonar weapons?
2. Wouldn't shutting down websites related to mermaids pretty much confirm that the gorvernment is hiding something? The real question here is: Did they actually shut down the websites, or did the people behind the movie simply make these websites and put the gorvernment shutdown picture on it? (in this case, I would assume they could be prosecuted for pretending to be gorvernment employers)

My personal thoughts about mermaids: Well, all I see here is a lot of speculations about mermaids/merpeople, and no real solid evidence. After watching the 1½ hour long video, I don't believe anymore in mermaids than I did before, but on the other hand, we have only explored so little of the ocean, that it's pretty much guaranteed that we will find more creatures (maybe even some that don't relate to any other known species)
Linkinparkey
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 7/16/2012, 10:36 am

Croky1 wrote:There might well be a collection of mermaids scattered about the earth. The US government have already let secrets from us like area 51.

Area 51 is nothing more than a testground for experimental aircraft/weapons.

It makes perfect sense for the military to not only go along with the alien bullshit, but to most likely perpetrate some of it themselves, because the more people think it's an alien research lab/UFO/that kind of shit, the less inquiring about the actual nature of the stuff people do. They don't have to worry as much about one of their aircraft being seen, because they know if it is, people will go apeshit about aliens, and won't actually try to figure out what it is.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 7/16/2012, 11:08 am

I Was actually watching this last night. They say that there is a theory of man-discon figured evolution that caused them to result in mermaids. The theory is called

The aquatic ape theory.

Think about it.

Polar bears. They changed for the good of their species by developing webbing on their feet. Why can't something like that happen to us starting back in the stone age?

The re-intact net on the show showed an island. That had human apes wandering around. One discovered the sea. He jabbed his hand into the water and caught a fish. He then stared into the ocean with galore. Thought the documentary, they kept showing the species at a later time. They showed the apes in the water with a spear, walking around and catching fish. Ten, they showed him with webbing on his hands. Then, they showed this apes with no hair, and the ability to hold beat for very long times. Finally, in around 400.000 BC, The creatures had the classical fins of a mermaid's tail.

So you guys can believe it or not, but this seems legit in most cases.

Also, sorry for the typos I literally just woke up.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 7/16/2012, 11:33 am

Me Gusta las patatitas.
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/16/2012, 12:26 pm

I'm a big believer in History, and all across the globe there are records of 'sea-people'. The Phoenicians, one of the earliest civilizations to take sailing to a science, tell of the 'dead of the seas', human-like fish that appear emaciated and skeletal swimming around boats and occasionally dragging men under. Egyptians also had half crocodile, half human figures that were servants to the crocodile headed god(forget his name). Greeks and Roman myths told stories of the denizens of Lord Poseidon/Lord Neptune. The Roman's fear of the ocean may have sprung from this. The Nordic, Native American, Chinese, Hopi Indians, Mayan/Incan, and Early Australian Aborigenes all have similar legends or myths. To me, those people are too spread out to have communicated their beliefs of 'mermaids'.

Also, If you see some weird creature on the beach, why is you're first reaction to poke it with a stick?
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 7/16/2012, 12:35 pm

It just seems a bit strange to find ''aliens'' on our own planet, but well, if we developed from water and then went to land, why wouldn't some others stay in water?
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 7/16/2012, 12:36 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:It just seems a bit strange to find ''aliens'' on our own planet, but well, if we developed from water and then went to land, why wouldn't some others stay in water?

Theres always those people.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by J8cob1 7/16/2012, 1:48 pm

I do believe there could have been some over exaggeration in the evidence stated in the video, but their main theory seems to hold up in the way of evolution. If you believe in it, it would make sense that some early humans/apes could have lived in and adapted to water rather than land. The thing that still bothers me is why the government is taking these "mermaids are real" websites down, if they had no legitimate evidence, no one would believe them and the websites would not need to be taken down, because they would be ignored. But, these websites were taken down, which again, leads me to believe that the government does not want anyone seeing these sites. Apart from keeping order, why would they do this??????
J8cob1
J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair 7/16/2012, 1:52 pm

because magical pixie frogs are actually controlling our brains.
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkinparkey 7/16/2012, 2:53 pm

J8cob1 wrote:I do believe there could have been some over exaggeration in the evidence stated in the video, but their main theory seems to hold up in the way of evolution. If you believe in it, it would make sense that some early humans/apes could have lived in and adapted to water rather than land. The thing that still bothers me is why the government is taking these "mermaids are real" websites down, if they had no legitimate evidence, no one would believe them and the websites would not need to be taken down, because they would be ignored. But, these websites were taken down, which again, leads me to believe that the government does not want anyone seeing these sites. Apart from keeping order, why would they do this??????

Question is, were these sites actually taken down, or is it just someone (maybe the crew behind the movie) that put up an image saying the website has been taken down? I find this more likely, since even the american gorvernment isn't stupid enough to take down sites this way, as it would be the same as shouting "HAH! You won't ever get the truth out!" to the public
Linkinparkey
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down