mickdude2
mefabe
Thechrisanator
10 posters

Go down

Rule breaker Empty Rule breaker

Post by Thechrisanator 6/21/2012, 7:15 am

Chris123456789 broke the rules.
He: stole all the stuff in my chest ex: diamonds(4), diamond pickaxe, red dye yellow dye, string(2), and many more.

Thechrisanator
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Rule breaker Empty Re: Rule breaker

Post by mefabe 6/21/2012, 9:30 am

Do you have a screenshot?
mefabe
mefabe
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 6/21/2012, 9:37 am

It's not rule breaking: If he stole from your chest then that means you didn't lock it. So that sucks, but it's legal. Now if he broke some blocks to get to that chest, you might have an argument.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova042 6/21/2012, 10:11 am

mickdude2 wrote:It's not rule breaking: If he stole from your chest then that means you didn't lock it. So that sucks, but it's legal. Now if he broke some blocks to get to that chest, you might have an argument.

True. We cannot do anything about stolen items without any actual proof if you didn't lock your chests. However, it is still not legal to take someone else's items even if they did not lock their chest.
Nova042
Nova042
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/21/2012, 10:11 am

mickdude2 wrote:It's not rule breaking: If he stole from your chest then that means you didn't lock it. So that sucks, but it's legal. Now if he broke some blocks to get to that chest, you might have an argument.

Server Rules: Section II, Subsection a wrote:a. Chest Stealing
You may not steal items from another player's chest in the regular world. If you are
caught doing this, you may be instantly banned, either permanently or temporarily.
However, chest stealing is allowed in the PvP world. See the PvP section for further rules
and explanations.

Know your shit before you talk, or at least read the rules.

It is illegal, yes. Give me some screenshots of evidence or something and i'll ban the guy. Until then, I have no proof and will not morally ban the person. Also, you probably won't get your shit replaced, but the guy will be banned. For future reference, using a sign with a chest will lock it so that only you may access it.

PS: About time someone used this section! Jeez :P
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 6/21/2012, 10:59 am

Kevo235 wrote:

Server Rules: Section II, Subsection a wrote:a. Chest Stealing
You may not steal items from another player's chest in the regular world. If you are
caught doing this, you may be instantly banned, either permanently or temporarily.
However, chest stealing is allowed in the PvP world. See the PvP section for further rules
and explanations.

Know your shit before you talk, or at least read the rules.

It is illegal, yes. Give me some screenshots of evidence or something and i'll ban the guy. Until then, I have no proof and will not morally ban the person. Also, you probably won't get your shit replaced, but the guy will be banned. For future reference, using a sign with a chest will lock it so that only you may access it.

PS: About time someone used this section! Jeez :P

Sorry Kevo, my bad. Staff still can't tell what was stolen from who if the chest isn't locked.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Thechrisanator 6/21/2012, 6:26 pm

Yes he broke my door and the secret entrance and didn't put them back

Thechrisanator
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Thechrisanator 6/21/2012, 6:37 pm

No I didn't get any proof but I said in the rules you are not allowed to steal stuff.
When I got back on the server from when I was eating breakfast all my stuff whas gone.
His name was chris123456789. I am thechrisanator.

Last edited by Thechrisanator on 6/21/2012, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something)

Thechrisanator
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully 6/21/2012, 8:25 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Sorry Kevo, my bad. Staff still can't tell what was stolen from who if the chest isn't locked.

Uhh yeah, we can.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 6/22/2012, 9:40 am

BroadStreetBully wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:Sorry Kevo, my bad. Staff still can't tell what was stolen from who if the chest isn't locked.

Uhh yeah, we can.

How? I was under the impression that if it wasn't locked, there was no way to prove what was in it or what was stolen.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 6/22/2012, 10:42 am

Staff can tell who stole from a chest in exactly the same way that they can see who broke blocks.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 5teelPhoenix 6/22/2012, 12:03 pm

dtfgator wrote:Staff can tell who stole from a chest in exactly the same way that they can see who broke blocks.
The only reason that I know that is because I was bored enough to look up how to use LB. Someone is going to make a comment that I have no life
5teelPhoenix
5teelPhoenix
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair 6/22/2012, 12:11 pm

5teelPhoenix wrote:
dtfgator wrote:Staff can tell who stole from a chest in exactly the same way that they can see who broke blocks.
The only reason that I know that is because I was bored enough to look up how to use LB. Someone is going to make a comment that I have no life
You have no life.
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 6/22/2012, 12:31 pm

Mick, from my experience with such plugins, ill shed some light on your situation.

This works the same way with detecting placements, or breaks. They simply select the block that is used mainly with interactions: buttons, levers, CHESTS, door, hatches, gates, etc. it will notify the staff with recent interactions with the said item.

Of course, I may be wrong, but this is usually how it goes for me on a different server.

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/22/2012, 1:11 pm

The point is, we need some proof or you're S.O.L.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down