Rollback problems

4 posters

Go down

Rollback problems Empty Rollback problems

Post by Subject_217 12/19/2011, 5:22 pm

This is about the third time this has happened to me. I'll have worked on my house, only to go back and discover all my work gone. According to Owner, the server had trouble saving and crashed, and they had to rollback whole chunks(including the one my house is in) Not only do I lose progress and time when this happens, but I've also lost items, such as a ton of bonemeal that'll take me hours to replace. It is extremely irritating and frustrating.

Subject_217
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Rollback problems Empty Re: Rollback problems

Post by InitialBN 12/19/2011, 5:27 pm

I understand it's very frustrating. Although, it's not us that rolled back the chunks, it's just that the server didn't save them. The queue was over 30,000 blocks, and I believe the server had never saved anything that large before. Thus, the crash.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Subject_217 12/19/2011, 5:46 pm

I understand that, but it's just that I lost hours of progress!

Subject_217
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk 12/19/2011, 6:50 pm

Well, now nothing can be done to fix the items lost so you don't really have a choice. You just kinda have to accept those things and just start over, just don't worry about them and you'll forget how much further you were until you get there once again, not to sound like a dick which I probably am. Sorry if they affect you repeatedly but we do everything possible to limit those rollbacks I'm sure.
lordgonk
lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 12/19/2011, 10:19 pm

lordgonk wrote:Well, now nothing can be done to fix the items lost so you don't really have a choice. You just kinda have to accept those things and just start over, just don't worry about them and you'll forget how much further you were until you get there once again, not to sound like a dick which I probably am. Sorry if they affect you repeatedly but we do everything possible to limit those rollbacks I'm sure.

I don't think you sound like a dick. It's true. Stuff like this happens, but fortunately it's extremely rare. I'm just happy that the whole server didn't roll back to day one. That would have sucked even more.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Subject_217 12/19/2011, 11:25 pm

madscientist032 wrote:
lordgonk wrote:Well, now nothing can be done to fix the items lost so you don't really have a choice. You just kinda have to accept those things and just start over, just don't worry about them and you'll forget how much further you were until you get there once again, not to sound like a dick which I probably am. Sorry if they affect you repeatedly but we do everything possible to limit those rollbacks I'm sure.

I don't think you sound like a dick. It's true. Stuff like this happens, but fortunately it's extremely rare. I'm just happy that the whole server didn't roll back to day one. That would have sucked even more.

I don't think you sound like a dick either. I know, and understand that, but this is the RANTS section. I'm ranting.

Subject_217
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down