Where does a town end?

+2
Subject_217
evilmidget38
6 posters

Go down

Where does a town end? Empty Where does a town end?

Post by evilmidget38 10/20/2011, 10:41 pm

So today there was/is a big argument over whether or not some one built inside of someone's town. By the server rules it was 10 blocks away for what appeared to be even part of the town, but the town apparently claimed "to the trees." I'm not posting this to argue, as the building was moved. But what I think should happen to prevent this in the future is for all towns to need to have some sort of visible marking on it's edge. Signs will do. Walls are great. But just claiming a huge area just seems ridiculous to me, especially if the town has very minimal infrastructure.

This is just my opinion, and I'm not meaning to insult or undermine the town that was part of this argument earlier. But please, for everyone's sake, can towns build actual borders?

evilmidget38
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Where does a town end? Empty Re: Where does a town end?

Post by Subject_217 10/20/2011, 11:01 pm

the town's sign stating that the town went "to the trees" was kind of obscure. At any rate, I don't think that he should have the ability to claim land that server rules state wouldn't be his. If he wanted the land, he should've marked it somehow.

Subject_217
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully 10/21/2011, 7:34 am

Well, there is no specific rules for this. But, I think a town's land only extends as far as its plots and roads.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair 10/21/2011, 9:38 am

As an owner of a city on the server i would be pissed if someone built on the trees where future landscaping is going to be held place for future plots, roads, whatever it is. I recommend you ask the owner first if your allowed to build there. And don't take offense if he/she says no.
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 10/21/2011, 9:40 am

Subject_217 wrote:the town's sign stating that the town went "to the trees" was kind of obscure. At any rate, I don't think that he should have the ability to claim land that server rules state wouldn't be his. If he wanted the land, he should've marked it somehow.

Aye you do really need to mark it some how, or put a load of signs everywhere stating that there are plans for the area and not to build, the only sure way of marking land is with fences or walls .

BroadStreetBully wrote:Well, there is no specific rules for this. But, I think a town's land only extends as far as its plots and roads.

The 5 block rule still applys for towns.. so if you want 5 blocks outside your area then 10 blocks.

Also what was down first the sign or the person who built? cause a couple of times people have put signs down before hand (we can check this by the way).. but really it should have been marked off in fences or walls, as, unless there are lots of signs, chances are the person who built there didn't see it.

commander_chair wrote:As an owner of a city on the server i would be pissed if someone built on the trees where future landscaping is going to be held place for future plots, roads, whatever it is. I recommend you ask the owner first if your allowed to build there. And don't take offense if he/she says no.

It would be annoying yes, but unless you have made it clear already there are plans for the area (more then just 1 sign.. need to make it really clear - should really mark it off as then pepole will know where they can build) then there isn't really much people can do, assuming they build outside of your area.

Also guys you could expand as much as you like, but there will always be 1 person who builds just outside.
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Where does a town end? Empty Don't know about anyone else, but...

Post by tlsorrel 10/21/2011, 11:55 am

Spectra found a simple solution: Build on the ocean! That way there is literally no land that can be claimed!
tlsorrel
tlsorrel
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole 10/21/2011, 1:12 pm

tlsorrel wrote:Spectra found a simple solution: Build on the ocean! That way there is literally no land that can be claimed!

aye, and people tend to be too lazy to make land as well :D
dynamole
dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Subject_217 10/21/2011, 6:23 pm

The sign stating the town's land was obscure, and there was only that one sign. I think that it was a little ridiculous.

Subject_217
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down