dtfgator
WesleyMD
Kevo235
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Admin Abuse - Page 2 Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by J8cob1 6/30/2011, 9:53 pm

I respect your courage Kevo, but make sure you are aware of the possible consequences, I just want this to end before someone gets banned.
J8cob1
J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair 6/30/2011, 9:56 pm

its better to not say some things,just keep it to yourself.good luck kevo.
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/30/2011, 10:13 pm

Better for me commander, not better for the server. As I stated before I don't mind the admins most of the time but it seems like 75% of the time if they do something wrong, they don't get punished or at least warned. I just thought that changing my name to Wesley's for literally 1 minute and 35 seconds (I checked the TS logs) was a bannable offence. I think a more bannable offence would be making fun of someone's heritage, like most people do because I'm Canadian. However I don't say much about it because I would probably be banned. Which brings up something else, people should not be afraid to say their opinions in fear of a ban.

I don't have a grudge against WesleyMD or anyone else, I just want the rules changed. If you want to ban me go ahead, that will only make yourselves worse in my opinion.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Econwatson 6/30/2011, 10:36 pm

Who is going to warn an admin or mod? They are the highest authority on the server bar the owners.

And what are you talking about regarding the mods getting away with wrong-doing? Bamby got banned for inappropriate conduct, or weren't you playing then? It seems to be you joined the server a while ago, went and played something else then came back and thought that since you had a fairly old starting date, you would apply for veteran. I'm guessing thats why it took an embarrassing four applications for you to finally get Veteran.

And don't give us any of this "I can't help people who are griefed because I am not a Veteran" crap. The people who are the victims of griefing are by and large whitelists, members and trusted. who built their homes with the same abilities as you. The reason you don't help is because you cannot be bothered gathering the resources to help them, not because you want to but you can't.

I think the server staff on this forum show a fantastic level of responsibility, especially considering a lot of their ages. They have to put up with immaturity and bullshit like this every day and try and find a solution to arguments that is in the best interests of the community. If one of them snaps and does something a little severe, I can hardly blame them, and as a Guide/Mod/Admin they should have your support, since they are elected by the owners and current moderators and in a sense act with the authority of the owner.

As can be seen time and time again, if a member of staff does do something that is perhaps a little rash, this is time and again reflected in the Appeal a Ban section, where those who have been banned are given a second chance by discussion in the Staff only section which we DO NOT SEE.

Staff, please do not take this criticism from one member as a reflection of what the rest of the server thinks of the staff. We all think you're great!

Now go punch a tree.
Econwatson
Econwatson
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteTiger 6/30/2011, 10:49 pm

Bro, econwatson. it is NOT easy to get vet. 4 is impressive. this is my 5th time trying. i dont see you doing any better. its not EASY
WhiteTiger
WhiteTiger
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair 6/30/2011, 11:11 pm

WhiteTiger wrote:Bro, econwatson. it is NOT easy to get vet. 4 is impressive. this is my 5th time trying. i dont see you doing any better. its not EASY
econwatson never applied for vet. so he is in fact doing better than you. Also mabye its taking you so long to get vet because lying about your age for 7 months isnt a good thing and mabye they just dont want you to be vet. just because you apply dosnt mean you will ever get it.

Last edited by commander_chair on 6/30/2011, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer was bad)
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 6/30/2011, 11:17 pm

Chair, we have already established that age doesn't really matter. It's your maturity level. Whitetiger successfully passed for someone much older than herself for a long time. That isn't the reason why she hasn't gotten veteran.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 6/30/2011, 11:19 pm

commander_chair wrote:
WhiteTiger wrote:Bro, econwatson. it is NOT easy to get vet. 4 is impressive. this is my 5th time trying. i dont see you doing any better. its not EASY
econwatson never applied for vet. so he is in fact doing better than you. Also mabye its taking you so long to get vet because lying about your age for 7 months isnt a good thing and mabye they just dont want you to be vet. just because you apply dosnt mean you will ever get it.

It took me three tries to get veteran. But I got guide 39 minutes after posting my application.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/30/2011, 11:24 pm

Econwatson wrote:And what are you talking about regarding the mods getting away with wrong-doing? Bamby got banned for inappropriate conduct, or weren't you playing then? It seems to be you joined the server a while ago, went and played something else then came back and thought that since you had a fairly old starting date, you would apply for veteran. I'm guessing thats why it took an embarrassing four applications for you to finally get Veteran.

That is entirely untrue. Read my introduction, it's included in there. Either way, it looks like I have to explain again. I played a lot of the first 2 months of my career on the server, applied, failed went and played l4d2 for about 2 weeks to get in touch with old friends, then I came back on minecraft, played for another month and a half then applied again. Wasn't chosen as a candidate and then applied again. Wasn't chosen again. Then I played for another month and submitted what was to be my last application. I was chosen.

I tried to keep these posts as mature and calm as possible but I think that you have completely lost your marbles on this one. I'm sorry that I offended you in some way (?) and hope that you see that there are nicer ways to solve things. Disrespecting me in such ways is an offence but I don't mind in these circumstances. On a different note, this is minecraft... Calm down. I got a little mad but I'm calm now. I think that we should just stop this topic now because me and Wesley have kind of gotten along in my eyes.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteTiger 6/30/2011, 11:27 pm

this isnt going well. and commander, we will talk later. (why i have 6 friends off of minecraft, i get hurt and then i get pissed)
WhiteTiger
WhiteTiger
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Econwatson 6/30/2011, 11:35 pm

I'm not angry at all Kevo, but you played for 17 days or so before your first veteran application according to this post, which I am afraid is not 2 months:
https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t683-kevo235-for-veteran

I posted not because of any bad feeling towards you, I am posting because you are criticising the staff on the server and I want them to know, that I think you are wrong.
Econwatson
Econwatson
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 7/1/2011, 12:02 am

Econwatson wrote:I'm not angry at all Kevo, but you played for 17 days or so before your first veteran application according to this post, which I am afraid is not 2 months:

I posted not because of any bad feeling towards you, I am posting because you are criticising the staff on the server and I want them to know, that I think you are wrong.

You're right. I kind of exaggerated that. It was more like half a month. Also, the tone you were using made it sound like you were very mad. I just want people to acknowledge that sometimes the staff unjustly ban people for little things which should be changed.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by JesusAsaurusR3X 7/1/2011, 12:13 am

I pretty much lol'd at this entire thread.

While each side has given convincing evidence, it doesn't really matter at this point. Kevo's ban's are done and everything's over and done with. I believe you two should just kiss and make up. It's like c'mon guys, it's the fucking internet. And while I do see where Wesley was coming from, it's still a dick thing to ban someone for something so trivial. Just thought I should add my two cents. :3
JesusAsaurusR3X
JesusAsaurusR3X
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertPanda 7/12/2011, 8:27 pm

JesusAsaurusR3X wrote:I pretty much lol'd at this entire thread.

While each side has given convincing evidence, it doesn't really matter at this point. Kevo's ban's are done and everything's over and done with. I believe you two should just kiss and make up. It's like c'mon guys, it's the fucking internet. And while I do see where Wesley was coming from, it's still a dick thing to ban someone for something so trivial. Just thought I should add my two cents. :3

After getting back from a long vacation.

I agree. Thank you Jesus for saving me the effort of typing my own response.
InvertPanda
InvertPanda
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by JesusAsaurusR3X 7/12/2011, 8:42 pm

InvertPanda wrote:
JesusAsaurusR3X wrote:I pretty much lol'd at this entire thread.

After getting back from a long vacation.

I agree. Thank you Jesus for saving me the effort of typing my own response.

No problem Neil. :3
JesusAsaurusR3X
JesusAsaurusR3X
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Coldplaya 7/12/2011, 8:49 pm

This whole thread is kinda nutty. Kevo, can you please just accept that you are banned? It's not that hard. The evidence you presented is crap compared to the BigBro screenies.

Are we done here????

-Cold
Coldplaya
Coldplaya
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully 7/12/2011, 9:30 pm

Coldplaya wrote:This whole thread is kinda nutty. Kevo, can you please just accept that you are banned? It's not that hard. The evidence you presented is crap compared to the BigBro screenies.

Are we done here????

-Cold
Are you kidding me? For a second time, Kevo is not banned. Your not helping the issue along at all by saying false information. Oh, and the evidence he presented is not "crap" compared to big brother.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator 7/12/2011, 9:41 pm

Dead thread is dead. Stop posting in it.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Waldref 7/16/2011, 2:54 am

People just need to calm the fuck down

Waldref
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathald903-ToiletRollMan 7/16/2011, 5:58 am

Kevo235 wrote:
Econwatson wrote:I'm not angry at all Kevo, but you played for 17 days or so before your first veteran application according to this post, which I am afraid is not 2 months:

You're right. I kind of exaggerated that. It was more like half a month. Also, the tone you were using made it sound like you were very mad. I just want people to acknowledge that sometimes the staff unjustly ban people for little things which should be changed.

I know this thread is a dead one that should be well gone by now but I kinda agree with Kevo here. I see the Staff kicking and banning people and then laughing saying theyre annoying and loads of other stuff. They've been doing this since the first map. It's very unjust and may be funny to then but is quite the opposite to us. They seem to just use they're higher rank to pick on people they don't particularly like.

They did the same to JJGuitarman just a day or two ago and it was really unjust and mean.

I feel they should only be allowed kick or ban with really legit evidence and if it is a joke they should have permission.
Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Cathald903-ToiletRollMan
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2