Town Ideas Page (Quests?)

+4
JinxisJinxed
Shnoork
Tardus
BABlaze
8 posters

Go down

Town Ideas Page (Quests?) Empty Town Ideas Page (Quests?)

Post by BABlaze 1/3/2018, 1:59 am

Towns Quests

Guidelines
-No loopholes.
-Players must request to join the scoreboard.
-Points are only awarded to a town if the town notifies me and I confirm they have completed a quest.
-If something in the town changes you can ask for a reassessment of points.
Quests
-          Build a farm (approximately 10*10 blocks is 20 points) (repeatable max 1000 points)
-          Build an Inn (points are approximately width*length*height divided by 1000)
-          Grow in population (points based on population) (10 points each) (repeatable)
-          Build a wall around the town (points are based on length*height divided by 4)
-          Build a Road network (points based on home many buildings the road connects) (1 point each)
-          Build a market (points based on the number of shops) (10 points each)
-          Build a mine (50 points)

Last edited by BABlaze on 1/6/2018, 3:38 pm; edited 4 times in total

BABlaze
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Town Ideas Page (Quests?) Empty Re: Town Ideas Page (Quests?)

Post by BABlaze 1/3/2018, 2:04 am

Towns

Friendship Inn

Bearville

Whitehill

Deltania

Last edited by BABlaze on 1/6/2018, 3:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

BABlaze
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tardus 1/3/2018, 11:04 am

Well ofc Bearville and Whitehill are in the lead, you built them... ):

Tardus
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 1/3/2018, 1:01 pm

Seems kind of arbitrary to me. Giving people guidelines to a town is like saying “hey, build your town like I tell you to or you dont get points.” Kinda stifles the creativity.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JinxisJinxed 1/3/2018, 8:43 pm

I again agree with Shnoork, having guidelines for what a "real town" is seems like a bit of a joy kill. The best part of building a town of your own design is that it's something that suits your creativity.
JinxisJinxed
JinxisJinxed
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMathSlayer 1/3/2018, 8:47 pm

Adding on to what the previous 2 posts have said, it kind of ruins the creativity aspect. Not everyone wants a farm in their town, or not everyone wants a mine. People should have the option to do whatever with their town without having to meet specific guidelines to gain points.
TheMathSlayer
TheMathSlayer
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 1/4/2018, 11:38 am

As well as what everything else that was said it also gives bigger towns more advantages. 

Just let people build their towns how they want them to be. Every town is unique and there is no need for guidlines or a points system. No fun in that to start with being judges on how the town looks and what it has and doesn't have.
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniTurbo 1/4/2018, 6:49 pm

Omni's Archipelago: 0.0000001

OmniTurbo
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BABlaze 1/5/2018, 2:57 am

-Okay so like when I started this idea I wasn't thinking of like guidelines for a town. I was just trying to think of new ways to make the server even better, and thought it would be fun to involve some sort of friendly competition between towns (kind of like sb), and quests came to mind first. 

-Shnoork's point is a good one though so maby it would be a better idea to ask you people what would be a good way to introduce a town leader-board sort of thing. I get that some people many not want to participate in which case they can just ignore it but it could be fun if a group of towns wanted to try something new. In the end the points don't really give a town any benefits over others and a system could be designed keeping this in mind cause its still kind of in the testing phase.

-Also Tardis they are not in the lead its just no one has told me they want to be part of it yet. if everyone joined i bet Deltania would be on the top like way ahead of me.

-If you just don't like the idea all together then I would appreciate it if you could post another idea of your own that might make the towns system more interesting as an alternative. XD

-Thx for the feedback

-Blaze

BABlaze
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by JinxisJinxed 1/6/2018, 12:31 am

I'm not really sure how to make this idea any better. I feel like this quest system could bring a lot of people starting towns of, not meaning to be rude, low quality. Of people just want the "points" given out for having certain builds, there might not always be a quality community/group of builds.
JinxisJinxed
JinxisJinxed
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 2015delta 1/6/2018, 3:01 pm

Hey, why can't Deltania join? *points missiles at all other towns* , I bet no one would object :P
2015delta
2015delta
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BABlaze 1/6/2018, 3:22 pm

-We could always change the quests so they don't support "low quality" towns and support community building instead, they aren't set in stone.

-The 10 points per person who is part of the town could be raised to 20 to promote growth.

-There are many towns that fit your description already though so like this will happen to some extent either way. The quest might increase it a bit but they might also increase the amount of large community based towns as well. We wont know for sure until we try it. 

-thx
Blaze

BABlaze
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down