Activity ( I'm venting/truth)

5 posters

Go down

Activity ( I'm venting/truth) Empty Activity ( I'm venting/truth)

Post by Beeliever 10/30/2017, 11:32 pm

Activity WITH STAFF, I don't get why you have to ask staff or message them to come on, I know people have life, but if you aren't going to commit then don't be staff at all, today I see it more than I'd expect for a server so amazing.

An inactive player, he came on wanted his prefix fixed, no staff on to help, although the player would be able to ask tomorrow, why do you need to WAIT, why not have staff on, not the same staff ALL, if you need the balls to retire just get over with it if you really care for the server. I'm sick and tired of players not getting the help they need from staff, see some staff are active and I stand by them, and I'm in contact with them so I usually know what's going on, but if you're gonna BE staff and take away a position in the team, and be inactive... I get school, I have it but at LEAST once a WEEK!! 

A WEEK, all I ask, I'm going to keep a count starting on Tuesday for a week, I want to see how much you all TRULY care for this server, just because of school, work, and such. It's life, you deal you survive, everyone is by your side, take a break you can re-apply if you want, but don't take away another persons dream because of you. 

Imagine taking a heart away from someone who needs it unlike you that just wants more beats blah blah blah.

People who didn't have the time have retired, been brave. I'm not encouraging to retire, I'm saying this straight.

Be on ONCE a WEEK, or retire, for everyone who loves this server's sake. 

Thanks, 
            Lots of love, 
                              Mia xoxo

Don't stop in the middle of the road with a speed bump, just slow down go to the left/right a little and make it through, everyone has the bump, just not in the same place.

Last edited by Beeliever on 10/31/2017, 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Beeliever
Beeliever
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Activity ( I'm venting/truth) Empty Re: Activity ( I'm venting/truth)

Post by madscientist032 10/30/2017, 11:40 pm

Staff are available on discord at pretty much all the time.

Not to mention, we've lost some staff over the past month or so and those that have applied, aren't active on the server as much as they used to be.

We are actively trying to fix this and get the server back on her feet. You aren't the first person to bring this to our attention.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeliever 10/31/2017, 12:19 am

Then I should be the last.....

Goodnight
Beeliever
Beeliever
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 10/31/2017, 2:38 am

In all fairness Mia, a lot of staff do retire when they’ve become inactive. Its typically a month or so without playing that people decide they’ll be leaving the team. Historically speaking. (I think?)

Also worth mentioning, there are some staff duties that go beyond being around on the server. Mike and our Admins put a lot of work into plugins, promos, backend jibber jabber, etc. That stuff tends to take up a lot of the time Im sure they would like to be spending on Oasis.

You are justified in your frustration though. In the past 2 weeks Ive been dropping by there have only been a handful of occassions where staff was around. Im confident this will be addressed at some point in the future. This server needs some life breathed into it.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 10/31/2017, 11:44 am

Shnoork wrote:I'm confident this will be addressed at some point in the future. This server needs some life breathed into it.

Like I said earlier, and even in another post from earlier this month, we are actively working on re-establishing server activity. But we can't do it alone. We need player support too. Lack of players = lack of staff, and the same goes for the other way around. With no players online, staff feel less obligated to help out because there's nobody online and the players don't feel supported because there's no staff online.

We are looking to change things up a bit as the year comes to a close as well as prepare for the 1.13 update (whenever that is) but for the time being I humbly ask everyone to trust me and the staff on this.

madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenyanot 10/31/2017, 1:36 pm

Just to put some light on this topic, I was on the server when this player was on and the player knew I was on because I was talking to them in chat. I had logged off and no more then 2mins after, you had messaged me asking if I could come back and change his prefix and I came right back.

I do agree that staff activity is down and we are working on fixing this but the example you used was false..
Kenyanot
Kenyanot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeliever 10/31/2017, 1:57 pm

I meant such as the fact that there was no other staff on that could help, was an issue, not saying there NEEDS to be staff that can do 'everything' on at all times, just more activity.. :/

And thanks for pointing out for not explaining, or the example being false, in a way.. When I was writing this I didn't double check.
Beeliever
Beeliever
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 10/31/2017, 2:17 pm

Beeliever wrote:I meant such as the fact that there was no other staff on that could help, was an issue, not saying there NEEDS to be staff that can do 'everything' on at all times, just more activity.. :/

And thanks for pointing out for not explaining, or the example being false, in a way.. When I was writing this I didn't double check.

For the record... it was also around 11:30pm on a work/school night when you posted this.
Very few staff will be on anyways during this timeframe, as most of us are in the Eastern Time zone and those in Fort Europe are also in the middle of their slumber at 3:30 AM.

Hope this helps put things into perspective!
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by purplert 10/31/2017, 4:56 pm

pay all staff $100 per hour problem solved!
purplert
purplert
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeliever 10/31/2017, 9:31 pm

madscientist032 wrote:
Beeliever wrote:I meant such as the fact that there was no other staff on that could help, was an issue, not saying there NEEDS to be staff that can do 'everything' on at all times, just more activity.. :/

For the record... it was also around 11:30pm on a work/school night when you posted this.
Very few staff will be on anyways during this timeframe, as most of us are in the Eastern Time zone and those in Fort Europe are also in the middle of their slumber at 3:30 AM.

Hope this helps put things into perspective!
Yeah, I know but it's at different times too :/
Beeliever
Beeliever
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 11/1/2017, 9:55 am

Beeliever wrote:Yeah, I know but it's at different times too :/

I understand this as well.
Trust me, this is something we are trying to improve. It will not be fixed overnight.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeliever 11/1/2017, 10:20 am

I know :)
Beeliever
Beeliever
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down