Login Troubles

4 posters

Go down

Login Troubles Empty Login Troubles

Post by Shnoork 11/3/2016, 11:57 pm

So tonight I can't seem to login to the server on my phone. I did just update it earlier which COULD be the problem, maybe. I know that with iOS 10 the forum started acting a little funny for me, particularly when trying to type something in the reply boxes (screen wouldn't scroll to keep up with the text, html prompts disappeared, etc.) but this latest bit might have broken it for me.

I went ahead and tried to make another forum account, to see if it's an isolated issue. I'm probably going to keep trying to login over the next little while, just in case it's a brief problem, but still.

If this is an issue with the architecture of the forum and iOS not cooperating, however, that's a problem that won't magically fix itself. This also leads me to the conclusion that maybe it could be time to update the forum. In the time that I've been here I've seen the server undergo changes on the technical side on a number of occasions but I don't think I've ever seen something like that for the forum. If it turns out that the forum server is so out of date that it's falling behind, I might recommend that some steps be taken to remedy this. Though it might not be the hugest issue yet (only affecting anyone running the most up to date version of iOS) I can only see this compounding in the future. First it's this, then it's Android, then before you know it there are a lot of people who can't conveniently access the forum.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. Definitely worth investigating though. I will reply here with any updates I may come across, any trouble shooting I can do with my limited power, you know. It IS possible the problem will resolve itself neatly and without issue but if not, I think it's something to address. I encourage anyone else having this issue to go ahead and let us know here, for the sake of gathering information. It would be good to know the scope of the problem, should it be what I suspect it to be.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Login Troubles Empty Re: Login Troubles

Post by Revilo410 11/4/2016, 2:26 pm

Im not sure about the other issues you've stated but the other account I saw come through this morning and ignored it as I assumed it was a troll account of someone trying to impersonate you haha. Ill activate that one right now for you to test. I shall see if I can find any information on your issues.
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 11/4/2016, 2:34 pm

Thanks Ollie. Upon further testing, can't login on my phone at all. Not isolated to one account, definitely a compatibility issue. Every time I hit enter I'm just returned to the main page and the login fields are blank.

If you can find anything else on the topic, that would be great. It'd definitely contribute towards solving this little issue.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 11/4/2016, 3:06 pm

Are you trying to use the mobile site or the desktop version? I know for one I ALWAYS use the desktop version and cant stand the mobile interface!
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 11/4/2016, 3:12 pm

Can confirm, mobile interface is the worst.

I'm using the actual web interface.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB 11/5/2016, 4:19 am

This is interesting, I'm running the latest version of iOS and everything is working fine, both in Safari and Chrome.

To me it sounds like it could be an issue with cache/cookies. Have you tried clearing them?

Also, you could also try using a different browser to see if anything changes.
AlvinB
AlvinB
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 11/5/2016, 7:15 am

AlvinB wrote:This is interesting, I'm running the latest version of iOS and everything is working fine, both in Safari and Chrome.

To me it sounds like it could be an issue with cache/cookies. Have you tried clearing them?

Also, you could also try using a different browser to see if anything changes.

Thats a good point, sometimes safari can play up with modern websites, I have to use chrome occasionally, would be an interesting thing to check
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 11/5/2016, 1:26 pm

Well, I cleared all my data on Safari and that seems to have fixed it. Logs in just fine now. Thanks for the help, gents!
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Espartemos 11/5/2016, 1:45 pm

Glad you found a solution!
I'm locking this thread.
Espartemos
Espartemos
Diamond Miner