Lina
Blu_Ivey
7 posters

Go down

Blu's Vet Application Empty Blu's Vet Application

Post by Blu_Ivey 12/23/2015, 1:00 pm

Minecraft Username: Blu_Ivey

Name: Bridget

How long have you been playing on this server?: Four months (8/22 I believe)

How often do you plan on being on this server?: I have been on mostly ever day for some extent and I hope to continue that.

Have you voted?: Yes, several times on both websites.

Why do you deserve Veteran Status? What sets you apart from other Trusted Players?: I see all the problems and disputes around me and I always want to help but I am unable with my status and abilities. I trust the staff very much and would like to assist them as much as possible since they can get so overloaded with everyone and having to help them all.
Blu_Ivey
Blu_Ivey
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Blu's Vet Application Empty Re: Blu's Vet Application

Post by Lina 12/23/2015, 3:22 pm

Blu_Ivey wrote:I see all the problems and disputes around me and I always want to help but I am unable with my status and abilities.

Curious...What status and abilities would vet give you to magically make others problems go away?
Aside from like, the ability to teleport people.
Veteran is basically a popularity contest and the winner gets /i, /tpa, and a couple other perks. Kits and spawned items cannot be sold or given out, so there's not a whole lot you can do with those to solve problems and disputes.

Spoiler:

Anyways,
I'd recommend looking around at other apps to get an idea of what is expected or looked for in these kinds of things. I'm not very active on the server anymore so I don't know how active you are in game, but being active on the forums will help keep you in the loop with the community and events. Veteran is essentially a popularity contest - staff pick top candidates each month, and players vote on who becomes veteran the following month. Adding more to the application would definitely help.

Good luck!
Lina
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 12/23/2015, 4:04 pm

Just to add, a big thing I personally look for in any application is forum activity. If I see someone with three posts running for vet or staff, I am instantly less inclined to drop a vouch simply because thats a person whos not truly active within the community. In my eyes, you really need both.

I say this all for your benefit, of course.
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by purplert 12/23/2015, 4:43 pm

izumi4kona wrote:

Veteran is basically a popularity contest and the winner gets /i, /tpa, and a couple other perks. Kits and spawned items cannot be sold or given out, so there's not a whole lot you can do with those to solve problems and disputes.
^
I would say wait a bit, improve activity on forums, and look at some accepted veteran applications!

Good luck though!
purplert
purplert
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 12/23/2015, 4:45 pm

Basically what lina and shnoork stated.  Activity is a critical part and if your not active both ingame and on the forums that's not gonna help.

Before my internet was shut off about 5 months ago i saw you maybe once or twice about every week or two which in my eyes isnt active enough and 3 posts on forums is definitely not active enough on forums. 

\"izumi4kona wrote:Curious...What status and abilities would vet give you to magically make others problems go away?
Aside from like, the ability to teleport people.

^ this is another thing I'm thinking.  You cannot give out spawned items regardless of rank and its encouraged not to be a tpa taxi cause then players just spam and whine about wanting a tp and that causes problems cause then staff have to deal with them. Veterans are very knowledgeable about the server and really the only way to help out the staff is to answer questions players might have that way the staff can deal with more important things like cleaning up griefs. 

Maybe follow the advice shnoork and lina gave and good luck in the future

Edit: also there will be no veterans until 1.9 die to bukkit. I forgot the exact reason

Last edited by ThunderHorse on 12/23/2015, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 12/23/2015, 5:14 pm

Thread locked by request.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Espartemos 12/23/2015, 6:02 pm

I know this app is locked but I would just like to say that I am absolutely disgusted with some of your responses to this app. How would you feel if you put yourself out there and a ton of higher ranking more long term players consistently attacked you about the same thing? Not that you all did that, but really? Are all of these comments necessary let alone constructive. I'll tell you I sure don't think so! Just think about how you would feel if you were on the other end of the comment next time you reply to an app. AND for the record, as someone who is CONSTANTLY on the server watching how players interact with each other, I think blu would make an excellent veteran. Rant Over.
Espartemos
Espartemos
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down