Go down

blues vet app Empty blues vet app

Post by bluespeedy11 6/11/2015, 10:32 am

minecraft name:bluespeedy11
how long have I been on oasis about 1/2 a year
how often do you plan to play oasis 4-6 hours maybe more
have you voted yes
name any staff that vouched for you none but you can reply vouch
why do I deserve it: 1.im normal very patent 2.Im a good builder 3. I been on oasis awhile
4.I never have been temp baned or banned 5.i can name 4 of my real life friends that play
oasis lilly345 snowball0922 wolfindian owenthenderman
6. im normaly friendly

bluespeedy11
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

blues vet app Empty Veteran What?

Post by TheFluffyKitsune 6/11/2015, 11:09 am

Okay, so there are a few things I find wrong about this app.

1) This application is EXTREMELY short. The amount of info on this application would probably be enough for a Member Application, but nowhere near enough for a Veteran Application.

2) According to your forum join date, you have not been here for half of a year. You have only been a member of the forums, and thus the server, for three months. 

3) Your reasons for deserving the rank of Veteran aren't all too convincing. Sure they may be traits about you, but being a good builder or having real life friends that play don't really factor into getting the rank. 

4) This application could use some serious cleanup. Make it look neat and tidy rather than making it look like something you spent 10 seconds typing up. Please TAKE YOUR TIME WRITING THESE THINGS UP.

Those are my opinions about this application, and I am holding back from saying more about it.
TheFluffyKitsune
TheFluffyKitsune
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

blues vet app Empty Re: blues vet app

Post by OasisMaximus 6/11/2015, 11:45 am

Completely agree with Xbox on this one: clean up your app, make it longer and most of all: I'd advise you to be patient and be on the server for a few more months before you apply.
OasisMaximus
OasisMaximus
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

blues vet app Empty how much more days do i have

Post by bluespeedy11 6/28/2015, 1:05 pm

how much more days tell I can apply?

bluespeedy11
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFluffyKitsune 6/28/2015, 1:12 pm

bluespeedy11 wrote:how much more days tell I can apply?
It didn't matter so much about the days you had to wait as it did for the overall format of the application. You can try again, but make a new application that's cleaner and more drawn out stating why you really want this rank and what makes other people believe that you should have it.
TheFluffyKitsune
TheFluffyKitsune
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 6/28/2015, 3:15 pm

bluespeedy11 wrote:how much more days tell I can apply?
4 months is the minimum amount of time for veteran. You joined on March 17th of this year (2015). The absoulte minimum date required is July 17th of this year. It only the 28th of June. However i would wait another 2-4 months before re-applying 

There is more to veteran then just time. These are just some of the major factors that are looked for in veterans, 

1) veterans are among the most helpful of players. 90% of the time if someone needs help they will stop what they are doing to help out.

2) activity, veterans need to be very active both in game and on the forums

3) knowledge, most veterans know the history of the server, some can tell you a full player's username and/or their rank, can name some or all of the plugins used, they also know a lot about minecraft including a lot of crafting recipes and just general minecraft stuff. 

And time, most veterans (not all) have been here for close to a year or years before we got veteran (with a few exceptions). This rank is not handed out like candy as this is the second hardest player rank to get as the perks they get are very prone to being abused and can easily create chaos. 

Staff vote on who should become a VC (veteran candidate) and usually only 2-5 players who applied will get a VC. VC is easy to get compared to the actual rank. You will be a VC for a month and during that time players PM mad here on the forums their vote out of all the VC's for that month. Whoever has the most votes by the next promos will get veteran and the other VC's will have to wait till the next month to become a VC again.

Also your app needs to be a lot bigger, a few sentences has never and will never get anyone veteran. If you look at the veteran apps made by those who have become veterans, their apps are usually paragraphs long or a massive list of reasons as to why they should become veteran. Obviously you dont copy them but you can use them for ideas. 

I know this is a big wall of text but hope this helps

-Thunder
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain 6/29/2015, 11:01 am

To add on to what everyone has said above, it's best to copy and paste the FULL format for your application, it looks a lot better. The format is right there vvvvvvvvvv. 

Minecraft username:

Real name (recommended):

How long have you been playing on THIS server?:

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?:

Have you voted for Oasis at www.bit.ly/oasisv ?:

Name any JrMods, Mods or Admins who would vouch for you (This means you actually have to ask them):

Why do you deserve Veteran status? What sets you apart from the other Trusted players?:

Besides that, I would recommend making the reasons you deserve Veteran a lot more convincing, and make your app in general a lot longer. Veteran is not given out like member and it takes a ton of effort to achieve. I'd say write a few paragraphs explaining what would make you a good veteran, and why you deserve it. As far as time goes, the 4 months rule doesn't apply to everyone. If someone is extremely active, helpful, and knowledgable they could apply in less time, but it's very rare. Just wait a few months and work on your app, and you'll have a much better shot at veteran. This wasn't meant to be mean it was just to give you some advice, good luck in the future though!
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down