How To Download And Install Optifine! (Really Easy)

4 posters

Go down

How To Download And Install Optifine! (Really Easy) Empty How To Download And Install Optifine! (Really Easy)

Post by Bain 5/19/2015, 4:06 pm

Here's just a really quick guide on how to download and install Optifine.

To get started, Optifine is a mod that boosts performance, and utilizes the game to run better on slower, or less capable computers. It's free, and very easy to install.

1. Go to Optifine.net and click Downloads. 
  2. Find the version you would like to download. DO NOT press download. Instead, click where it says 'mirror' next to it. Then, click download when it gets to the next screen.
  3. The Optifne file should appear in your downloads folder. Drag that file on to your desktop.
  4. Next, open Optifine, and click install. If a warning for a virus pops up, just ignore it.
  5. Optifine is now installed. Open up minecraft, and there should be a brand new profile waiting for you!

I hope this helps!
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

How To Download And Install Optifine! (Really Easy) Empty Re: How To Download And Install Optifine! (Really Easy)

Post by HealthMagazine 5/19/2015, 4:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiYmzaqmG-I this will also help you get alot of fps :D
HealthMagazine
HealthMagazine
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

How To Download And Install Optifine! (Really Easy) Empty Re: How To Download And Install Optifine! (Really Easy)

Post by Shnoork 5/20/2015, 9:59 pm

Last I checked (like, a year ago, at least) Optifine didnt co-operate with Forge. Is that still an issue? For reference of anyone wanting to fiddle with mods who dont want to sacrifice silky smooth fps for awesome shiznits like inventory tweaks and whatnot. Inventory tweaks ftw
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB 5/21/2015, 1:55 am

Shnoork wrote:Last I checked (like, a year ago, at least) Optifine didnt co-operate with Forge. Is that still an issue? 

I have been trying to find a forge-compatible version of optifine for months now, but I still haven't found one. I'd be greatful if someone knew if there is a forge-compatible version of Optifine.
AlvinB
AlvinB
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down