+5
Nico_Dubai
Maarten1708
Shnoork
Heisenberg
Revilo410
9 posters

Go down

3 Years? Where did that go... Empty 3 Years? Where did that go...

Post by Revilo410 10/25/2014, 4:41 pm

Hello everybody! Well, anyone still around who knows me ahaha.

On OCT 27 I celebrate 3 years of Oasis. I haven't been on the server or minecraft for several months now, I decided I would come back to oasis a while ago and  it never really worked out. I think the problem was all the people I used to know started leaving 1 by 1 and there was an increasing amount of people I didn't know. Don't get me wrong, the new people I met were great and I made quite a few new friends but it just wasn't the same oasis I used to play on.

I know its still a couple of days until my 3 years but I have a horrible feeling if I don't post it now I'll forget and it won't get done.

Now, I'm not going to give my life history, I already did that in my 2nd year anniversary, but I would like to consider my time on oasis, past, present and future.

The past:

I joined the server on a temp map, 1.0, with no plugins and griefers everywhere. It was the day I bought Minecraft and I had no idea what I was doing. I still remember that iconic spawn points, obsidian bedrock and lava. Ah the wonders. All credit goes to Abbey for possibly my #1 spawn of all time. But anyway, I had no idea about the game, who was staff, what the rules were or anything. I was 100% a noob. Blah, blah blah my house got griefed, I sort of took revenge by filling the griefers house with lava.. but thats 3 years ago, no hard feelings? lol

Anyway, I was very confused when I joined one day to a fully made up library spawn which told me I didn't have permission to build anywhere near it. I walked along a bit and tried to see if I could build and accidentally broke a part of the clearly unprotected glowstone path. I didn't know what had happened, I didnt get a block, I got random dust stuff. Then luke (taccy) flew down from above and told me to put it back, I didnt know what to do, so like all noobs to this game, tried to walk away. Well I was instantly teleported back to him and then I tried to walk away again and so on.... Eventually he actually taught me how to remake the block after realizing I was actually just thick, not trying to be malicious.

Anyway, I said this wouldn't be a life history, but just to mention, who remember the shelter for the griefed in 1.1, made by me, a shelter made for all of those who had had their houses griefed, an ugly cobble square opposite taccy's amazing castle? If you remember that far back then gold star for you ;) (Especially as it means you have probably been on oasis far longer than me).

My friend profratty also joined in 1.1 and griefed taccy's castle and got banned, then got unbanned and griefed something else in a later map, then got unbanned, then griefed something else and got unbanner again, so many bans and unbans I don't even know his current status xD

Moving on a lot, I took over the ownership of the Minigame WS from kevin (kevo) and ran that all the way until I left, where I placed myself as 'director' and left bober_rus as the owner in charge of it.

Also in my time on oasis I made an island, my gigantic palace Quevilo Palace, which I'm pretty sure must be gone now, the revilotel, redstone world (ah the good ol' days) and many other iterations of snowtown.

I made many good friends on oasis, Maarten, Taccy, Bober, Abbey, Madsci, Minecrafter, Emersons, Pax (Remember welcoming Pax as well and now look what happened, only went and became an owner in about half a year xD!). And many many more such as Z, cman, Lina, Cheerios, Lovelychick, thatonechick, osga and even even more which I struggle to remember all of you. Now I know when I read these posts I get annoyed when they forget me xD, I want you to know that if you're not here and we used to talk a lot, all you would need to do is appear in a comment or something and I would instantly be hitting myself for forgetting you so I am taking the liberty now of putting you, yes YOU right here:

Tada, there ya go .

So yeah, want to see my entire oasis history, visit this post:

https://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t16144-two-years-dos-anos-deux-annees-twee-jaar?highlight=Dos+anos

My oasis present:

I don't know where I fit in now to be honest, I'm guessing I still hold the title of veteran, which I believe is now accurate after 3 years and cringe at being called a 'veteran' after my mere, what, 9 months or something that it took me to get it.

Anyway, I want to come back but I never seem to remember/have the time. I normally remember during some 300000000000 word essay and the don't remember when Im wander the house not knowing what to do, so thats life for ya.

I will do my very best to pop in more and more.

My oasis future:

Well, who knows tbh? It depends if sheep have filled up the entirety of the map by then (Lina, Im talking to you...)

But in all seriousness, I have a-levels this year (yes us UK people have exams you might not have heard of in the US), then I want to go to uni to study computer science, hopefully Cambridge. (Would be nice huh?)

But if I get the time in between my various extra curricular activities including but not limited to ice-skating, roller skating, ballet (yes I do ballet, Im grade 6 if you care), street dance, guitar (both acoustic and electric). Yeah Im a bit odd, if you knew me you would probably have that figured by now.

So I hope that I am a different person that you last saw on oasis. I look at my past on oasis and cringe. I did so many things I'm ashamed of (and I know its a game, but it involves real people), but in saying that there were many good things I did for others. I lost some of my oldest oasian friends over online text fights and rumours people spread about me, but I have learnt one thing, I know if something I did is true or false so why would I listen to someone I know full well is lying? Well the new me doesn't, the old me used to begin to be talked into thinking I had done something I hadn't.

Thanks everyone for reading this, sorry if Im a bit serious at some points but when I'm writing this I'm remembering my oasis past and there were some serious things that happened. But I want you all to remember this one thing, no matter if I hated you or you were one of my "OMG OASIS BFF FOREVA'" friends:

Thank you.

You made oasis the place it was for me which I enjoyed, despite its craziness at most times xD From hailing our master Krazo to tnt'ing pvp bases and my one true triumph, killing osga in pvp. (Just the once but you know, its like impossible anyway so I did pretty good).

thanks guys, especially if I did know you, and I would like to catch up with you at some points, if I didn't know you and you are newer, know this:

despite oasis being a game, the people are real and by maintaining oasis, you are giving people enjoyment. If you hurt them online, they will be hurt offline, and while its stupid that this happens, it does. So please, make oasis the great place it always was to me, and if I ever return I would hope it still maintains its high caliber.

True veteran of oasis - smp (while not the oldest by far) ~ Revilo410 - Ollie - a friend to everyone on oasis (unless of course you decide you hate me :P in which case I'll settle with being your acquaintance) 

Thanks for reading this, I had great pleasure in writing it as it took me down my memory lane, god I sound like an old man, I'm only 16 if you were wondering....
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

3 Years? Where did that go... Empty Re: 3 Years? Where did that go...

Post by Heisenberg 10/25/2014, 5:14 pm

I still remember your cobble hotel, right next to spawn. I was fixing it every single time I logged on, there were so many griefers back then. :P
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork 10/25/2014, 5:17 pm

Congrats on 3 years, Rev! Would you think poorly of me if I told you it took me like, 3 months of knowing you to notice Revilo is just Oliver backwards? Cuz Im not proud of that... Still, 3 years, good on you!
Shnoork
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Maarten1708 10/25/2014, 6:06 pm

Ohey, I-i think I remember you...OLIVER YUSSSSSSSSS, YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!

Ooooh, I remember those days, those fun days, with you.
It's so good to see what life brings you, and your future plans.

About WS...bober_rus is gone, he left Oasis, so basicly it's just me now(I'll PM details to you on forum).

So I'm still an active member of Oasis, and I hope you hop on now and than so we can bring back those good oll days and have lots of fun together :)

Nice to hear from you,

Maarten :)
Maarten1708
Maarten1708
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico_Dubai 10/25/2014, 6:20 pm

Shnoork wrote:if I told you it took me like, 3 months of knowing you to notice Revilo is just Oliver backwards
Omg.... i only just realized this, i've always just thought you liked ravioli or something...
Anyways, 3 years bruh, that's a lot of years, like 1+1+1, time fly's by man....
i hope you'll still hop on the server once in awhile.
butyeah, hi.

Nico_Dubai
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTomenon 10/25/2014, 6:33 pm

I never knew you too well, but I knew you o.o
Does that count?
You were the guy who made the /warp redstone (or something like that, it was an awesome place and it taught me half of what I know in that area)
Well, I hope to see you back soon!
LordTomenon
LordTomenon
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/25/2014, 7:15 pm

revilo410 wrote:It depends if sheep have filled up the entirety of the map by then (Lina, Im talking to you...)

We're getting there, but the whole "edible sheep" in 1.8 is setting us back a bit I: XD

GRATZ ON 3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still remember dat beautiful palace of yours (~.3.)~

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 10/26/2014, 12:13 am

Man. I've been waiting for you to come back for so long now. Whenever I think of great friends leaving, you are 1st. Every time. You were one of my greatest friends. I have so many memories with you. 

Congrats on 3 years, bro. It has been quite the ride. 

Stay in touch. I will be here waiting for you, whenever you decide to come play again. Smile
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Z 10/26/2014, 12:18 am

revilo410 wrote:Z

Ohey, I'm special. Haven't seen you in awhile, but it's nice to see a post from you again.
Grats on three years!

Last edited by Z on 1/11/2022, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by robbie291 10/26/2014, 2:19 pm

Happy Anniversary
robbie291
robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down