Unknown Thief

Go down

Unknown Thief Empty Unknown Thief

Post by raidenraccoon 5/18/2014, 6:10 pm

Every single time I log off at night and log on the next day, a row of my sugar cane is always missing. It's been happening the past week.

I wouldn't mind as much if they'd replant, but it's cutting into my stash of sugar cane to replant what's missing. Also concerning that a player or players are either 'hopping' my 3 block high fence or the [private] sign on the door leading into my area is not working. Unsure of any other theft, though I did notice my Wheat, potatoes and carrots had ungrown patches as well, where as they should've been fully grown by the time I logged in again. At least the thief replanted those.

Coordinates:

Replant before logging off on May 15th
Unknown Thief 2014-05-15_215828-replant_zps8b0688cc

Logged on May 17th
Unknown Thief 2014-05-17_161034-afterreplant_zpsdb43182b

Replant before logging off May 17th
Unknown Thief 2014-05-17_161214-replant_zpsb15e3c8d

What I logged on to today (May 18th)
Unknown Thief 2014-05-18_165053afterreplant_zpsb148be85

Appears to be the same row every day.

Going to add two more block heights to my fence (total: 5) and removing the door into my area to see if it happens again tomorrow as well.

No idea who is stealing my crops, but i'm fairly sure someone is.
raidenraccoon
raidenraccoon
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

http://raidenraccoon.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Unknown Thief Empty Re: Unknown Thief

Post by Guest 5/18/2014, 6:53 pm

Something miraculously removes them ... without any logs of removal. The only logs that show up are the constant replacing of the sugarcane source after they mysteriously disappear:

Unknown Thief RxRCDRb

In the plains particularly this has happened before... someone else had a small sugarfarm that constantly went missing without anyone touching it XD
I'm going to try protecting the sugarcanes to you... I want to see if they still go missing. No one should be able to touch them but you, so if they still go missing, I'll know I'm not crazy e-e My theory is that there's a glitch with sugar cane farms that pops them. Not sure whether growing on different sands/grass can prevent or reduce likelihood. The other problematic sugar farm was also grown on grassblocks. I'm also going to make a few of my own sugarfarms and see what happens...

Meanwhile, I have tons of sugarcane though, so I'll leave a chest of them for you to make up for the mystery disappearances XD

Science time l:
To be continued

Back to top Go down

Post by raidenraccoon 5/18/2014, 7:04 pm

Oh wonderful, I'm being griefed by a ghost! XD

Anyway, suppose it can't be a player if there's no logs. Odd that the server waits until I've been offline for hours before they disappear though. They don't disappear at all while I'm on or after I log off/close minecraft and rejoin the server an hour or 2 later.

Quite an intriguing technical mystery we've got in the plains, aint it?
raidenraccoon
raidenraccoon
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

http://raidenraccoon.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down