4emersons
Blame
8 posters

Go down

Adragonfire9's Jr. Mod Application Empty Adragonfire9's Jr. Mod Application

Post by Blame 9/24/2013, 5:52 pm

Minecraft username: [Trusted]Adragonfire9

Real name (recommended): Alex

Age: 15, however, I have been told many times, that I act older. I act responsibly. 

How long have you been playing on THIS server?: I have been playing on oasis, for as long as I remember. Right now, I am going to be up straight and honest, I have had long periods of inactivity. I joined on June 6th of 2011. I had around a year of activity, then took a short break, came back for around a quarter of a year, then took a long inactive break until last month. I understand that coming back, this is a bit early to apply for a staff position. It is completely out of the picture. Oasis is my longest played server. In total, I have been active for almost a year and a quarter. I have acted immaturely in the past. I can only fix this in the future. During that long break of inactivity, I realized that now I want to be a person everyone can look up to. I have watched the server grow, through it's hardships, and through it's peaks. The people who helped me when I started, it would be courteous to repay them. 

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: I plan on being on this server as long as I can. I know this might seem like a joke, because I have gone on such a long inactive break. I am a committed person, who will follow my word. I am staying, and will not take another huge inactive break. I am sorry for my long inactivity, but it helped me become a better person, and better sort out my life.

Name any JrMods, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you: As of right now, I know no one that would vouch of me, but I am completely fine with that. 

Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?: First of all, as stated above I am a very mature teenager, who is very trustworthy and honest. I am a person who is willing to take the time to help anyone in need of my help. I view this position of not a position just for banning griefers, but for trust, help, tolerance, honesty, and integrity. My goal is not to ban the most hackers, or to make the most forum posts, but it is to better help oasis to be a community where everyone feels comfortable no matter who they are. Secondly, I have a decent amount of experience at moderating. I am involved in quite a big community, in which I am a moderator for. This has taught me all the skills of detected hacked clients, helping others, and making sure everyone is treated in a polite manner. I am also a manager for a building team, where I make sure everything is okay and no one does anything wrong. I accept applications in both of these positions, so I have learned how to respond and give feedback in a happy, not criticizing way. I have learned to respond to advice and criticism in a mature manner. I love to hear ideas on improvement, and love to give ideas for improvement. I know there may be many of you who do not think I am yet ready for this position, but in my view, it is not how long you have played, or how many griefers you have reported, it is about making this server the most comfortable place for everyone who joins. 

Why am I different from everyone else?

Tolerance: I have the ability to respect everyone, whether they be disabled, have a different sexual orientation, religion, skin color, anything. I treat them exactly as they should be treated. I treat these people with respect. A lot of people judge others because of this, which is not fair, it is not a choice, and I really want to stress that.

Integrity: "The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness." (Definition) I am a very honest person, I hate lying, and not telling the truth. I am one of those people, who always has a weight on my head, if I ever attempt to not tell the truth. Telling the truth has always worked for me, because it keeps me from getting in trouble, and I am always able to fully communicate with people when possible.

Communication: I am very easy to contact, which really helps if I am busy, you can get a hold of me with no trouble. You can shoot me an email at Adragonfire3@gmail.com, message me on the forums, add me on skype at Adragonfire9, tweet me @adragonsrealm, or message/poke me on teamspeak. I am always on teamspeak, as I love meeting new people, and it is a great way for communication.

Understanding: I am very understanding. I have done things wrong before, and I know that not everyone can always do the right thing. I understand if people break minor rules once or twice, I give people chances, but when push comes to shove, I am very serious in situations that involve people. 

Respect: In my perspective, I treat everyone with respect. The people who don't treat me with respect, I treat with respect. Not only do I respect people, I also respect there decisions, choices and reasoning. 

Awareness: I am very aware of things that go on around me, so even though I may miss some things, I usually notice a great and vast majority of things going on. I try to be as helpful in the chat as possible, which has made me more aware of peoples questions, comments, and concerns.

Responsibility: I am not one of those responsible "mom can I have a dog because I am responsible" types of responsible. I am responsible for all my actions, and know how people will view me depending on the actions I take. I know the times to be slightly immature, and the times to be mature.

Last, but not least

Teamwork: In my view, I have noticed that I am a very good team player. I love working together with people who can help the community. I think of a staff position, not about the privileges I am given, I see it as a way to work with other staff members who can better help me expand on ideas, not just going off and doing stuff by myself. 

Thank you for taking the time to look at this
Best Regards,
-Alex
Blame
Blame
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Adragonfire9's Jr. Mod Application Empty Re: Adragonfire9's Jr. Mod Application

Post by 4emersons 9/24/2013, 10:44 pm

I don't know you well, I have only played with you a few times since you have been back, but I will vouch, because from the time I have played with you, I have seen quite a few of the attributes stated above on display.  This is a very well made application, the best one I have seen in quite a while, which shows that you spent time on it and it is just just something that you put together in 10 min hoping that they will give it to you. 

Good luck, Smile  
-Ben
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 9/24/2013, 10:53 pm

I've never really played with you or chatted with you enough to give a vouch, but this application is amazingly detailed, so props to that.bounce  bounce  bounce
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Keshaluver 9/25/2013, 5:40 pm

No offense but it looks like you copied my app, and also you just got back from being afk, wait a bit.
Keshaluver
Keshaluver
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Blame 9/25/2013, 6:28 pm

Kelly, I appreciate the feedback, and in it I explained it was to early, also I designed it to be a list, so I would list things off and explain them, took me around 3 hours to write, so thank you for your concern, but in all honesty, I looked at other application formats, then used my ideas to change it. Also, I did not write anything exactly that you wrote in your app, it has many different things. Thank you once again for the feedback.
Blame
Blame
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 9/25/2013, 7:25 pm

Well, it's a nice application...
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair 9/25/2013, 7:29 pm

lol no
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/25/2013, 9:08 pm

Keshaluver wrote:No offense but it looks like you copied my app, and also you just got back from being afk, wait a bit.
Hmmmm

InvertPanda wrote:Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?:
Ok hold on

InvertPanda wrote:Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff? How would you go about properly following in the footsteps of Our Majestic Mint Savior, Kelly?:
We're good now, I fixed it

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 9/25/2013, 9:13 pm

Grimtongue wrote:Well, it's a nice application...
is there some kind of inside joke I'm missing here?
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Blame 9/25/2013, 11:09 pm

Just to make it clear, I did not copy kelly. I simply stated things that I thought would qualify me for the position.
Blame
Blame
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 9/26/2013, 9:46 am

Back when I was a Mod we had a chat in TS about how you can improve your self to being a staff member,  Do you remember what I told you, I remember.
This is not a slam. You wanted honest feed back, well here it is.

I told you this. Show up and play on Oasis, just be part of the community, it's just that simple. I am here all the time 12 to 16 hrs on weekends not for anything other than I want to be on Oasis, I want my staff members to want to be on Oasis.
I don't need someone who shows up every few weeks or so then leaves because of some frustration you have. I see it, I notice everything that happens here on Oasis. Its my job.

You are not on Oasis enough that is the cold hard fact. Sorry it seemed harsh but facts don't lie.

The staff members we have are dedicated people who love Oasis that is the pure and simple fact of it, they don't care about ranks they care about the community of Oasis.
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowDemon1066 9/26/2013, 11:47 am

I want to vouch. But due to the long periods of inactivity, I couldn't. Being server staff needs severe devotion. (I don't know what staff is like so don't contradict me.)
If you played for perhaps a while more, then I would vouch all the way. Sorry :(
ShadowDemon1066
ShadowDemon1066
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Blame 9/26/2013, 2:28 pm

Gweedo358 wrote:Back when I was a Mod we had a chat in TS about how you can improve your self to being a staff member,  Do you remember what I told you, I remember.
This is not a slam. You wanted honest feed back, well here it is.

I told you this. Show up and play on Oasis, just be part of the community, it's just that simple. I am here all the time 12 to 16 hrs on weekends not for anything other than I want to be on Oasis, I want my staff members to want to be on Oasis.
I don't need someone who shows up every few weeks or so then leaves because of some frustration you have. I see it, I notice everything that happens here on Oasis. Its my job.

You are not on Oasis enough that is the cold hard fact. Sorry it seemed harsh but facts don't lie.

The staff members we have are dedicated people who love Oasis that is the pure and simple fact of it, they don't care about ranks they care about the community of Oasis.
Gweedo, thank you so much! This is exactly the type of feedback I am looking for. That was not meant to sound sarcastic, I realize that I am not going to get it. I am also in another community, so I am trying to put equal time between that, homework, and oasis. Thank you very much for the honest feedback!
Blame
Blame
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down