A player refresher plug-in suggestion.

+3
Krazo
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Genocide604
7 posters

Go down

A player refresher plug-in suggestion. Empty A player refresher plug-in suggestion.

Post by Genocide604 8/6/2013, 7:16 am

Minecraft Username: Genocide604

How long have you played on Oasis?: Who knows.

Name of Plugin: More of a suggestion for Paxination to make, I don't think it would be too big of a thing to code.

Link to where we can find the Plugin: ---

Briefly tell us why you believe we'd benefit from this plugin: The idea I got from another server that I play on is a /invis command which refreshes all players. This is for when people teleport to you, come from a portal, or just get glitched from a random bug which makes their player in some weird position (inside the ground or 50 blocks into the air). 

It's a really neat thing and I think it would be a great addition. Hope you consider it :)

Genocide604
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

A player refresher plug-in suggestion. Empty Re: A player refresher plug-in suggestion.

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 8/6/2013, 9:13 am

Sounds pretty cool. If we get it, this will really come in handy. At least I think so.
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBigMacJoe

Back to top Go down

A player refresher plug-in suggestion. Empty Re: A player refresher plug-in suggestion.

Post by Krazo 8/6/2013, 10:47 am

Sounds good, but since when is relogging too much trouble..
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 8/7/2013, 5:35 pm

Kяazo wrote:Sounds good, but since when is relogging too much trouble..

Re-logging interrupts the immersion of the game.  Anything that interrupts immersion should be fixed when possible.  Refreshing a player does not sound like it would cause any lag.  When I'm testing mods I sometimes have to refresh (client-side) and it takes about half a second on my crappy laptop.
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 8/7/2013, 7:50 pm

Grimtongue wrote:
Kяazo wrote:Sounds good, but since when is relogging too much trouble..

Re-logging interrupts the immersion of the game.  Anything that interrupts immersion should be fixed when possible.  Refreshing a player does not sound like it would cause any lag.  When I'm testing mods I sometimes have to refresh (client-side) and it takes about half a second on my crappy laptop.

Since when do we need to be immersed in the game? It takes two seconds to relog, that's good enogh for me.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Genocide604 8/21/2013, 1:51 am

Would just be a convenience, another thing is for pvp you dont have the chance to relog sometimes.

Genocide604
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 8/21/2013, 4:33 am

I dont see the point in this. it takes 2 clicks to relog and it has the same effect.
If this is too much for you then you might have a problem.

Related is that, if we do have this. the ammount of time it takes to ask for a refresh and the commands being used. is not as fast as a quick relog
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 8/21/2013, 4:51 am

I think this suggestion is good, not because of what it is (which, I personally don't agree with because truly 2 seconds and you can relog) but the idea of it. It actually shows that at least you're trying to better oasis with your suggestions.

So, I guess what i'm trying to say here is thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't really hold a place in Oasis.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Big_Mac_Joe 8/21/2013, 1:40 pm

Okay, I have noticed a couple of you are saying it doesn't hurt to just re-log. That is true, but only helpful when the Mojang servers are working. What happens when you are playing and all of a sudden, unbeknownst to you, the Minecraft sessions server goes down. Now you can't log back into the server. Now what do you do. With the refresh plugin that will be eliminated. I personally think a plugin like this will be very helpful and keep players on the server. I know I would use it.
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Mr_Big_Mac_Joe
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBigMacJoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 8/21/2013, 4:55 pm

Mr_Big_Mac_Joe wrote:What happens when you are playing and all of a sudden, unbeknownst to you, the Minecraft sessions server goes down. Now you can't log back into the server. Now what do you do.
Good thinking. Unfortunatly, that is something we cannot predict/prevent.
Though this doesn't happen too often, so i honestly don't think that it will be a big problem.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down