Get to know the Professor of Physics

5 posters

Go down

Get to know the Professor of Physics Empty Get to know the Professor of Physics

Post by physicsprofessor 7/25/2013, 8:12 pm

Ho There Oasis Community!

I've only been on the server for a few days, but I'm diggin' your players and staff, and am also a firm supporter of the forum community!

I don't know how long I've been playing Minecraft, but once I started I could not get enough. I originally played on a server called Realm of Conquest, which was a blend of pvp/survival/towny/factions/rpg. I loved the class system that was implemented, but the server died and I have yet to find one quite like it. After that I floated around pvp and hunger games servers, but they got boring and repetitious after a month or so. Staying along the lines of pvp servers, I dove into faction servers (which are ultimately what brought me here. Storm_Eagleed who was the owner of a brilliant factions server I played on, was/is a player on Oasis, and while playing Minecraft just the other day I thought that I would look him up and see if he had a server running. I found his member application for this server instead and thought that I'd try out SMP for the first time. It was a remarkable idea on my part and I'm having a blast with this excellent community. 

As for hobbies outside of minecraft, I play Borderlands, lots of Pokemon, Zelda and Naruto, as well as Burnout Paradise, Skate 3, Final Fantasy and CoD. I try to give every game a fair chance. I am a Jazz/Indie/90s Rock musician and play drums, guitar and Bass. My band, although not really out there yet, is called Lunchbox (no reason behind the name) and we play just about everything. Musical influences include The Strokes, Black Keys, Django Reinhardt, Pat Metheny, Jaco Pastorius, Metallica, Guthrie Govan, The Beatles, Paul Gilbert, Vampire Weekend, Tool, Foo Fighters/Nirvana, The White Stripes (Lots o' other stuff too). Longboarding and skateboarding are both passions of mine as well. I also do a bit of drawing (mostly short witty comic strips and odd characters). 

As for my ign, physicsprofessor, I am not actually a Professor. I scored 114 in my initial physics course and am working on becoming a leading engineer in a program at school. I've always been decent with numbers and have a low tolerance for stupidity. I am a horrid english/history student though, so you'll never catch me writing an essay about a book.

The community is really amazing and welcoming and I'm glad I could write this small bio for y'all to read.

Sincerely,
The Professor of Physics

Last edited by physicsprofessor on 7/25/2013, 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

physicsprofessor
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Get to know the Professor of Physics Empty Re: Get to know the Professor of Physics

Post by mickdude2 7/25/2013, 8:52 pm

physicsprofessor wrote:I've always been decent with numbers and have a low tolerance for stupidity. 

We will be good friends.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Get to know the Professor of Physics Empty Re: Get to know the Professor of Physics

Post by physicsprofessor 7/25/2013, 8:59 pm

Good to know I have the ability to make friends through my intolerance for stupidity.

physicsprofessor
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by FairyNinjaStar 7/25/2013, 11:30 pm

Nice intro, welcome to the server. It's always nice to have intelligent and mature folks become a part of the community. See you around in game.
FairyNinjaStar
FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo 7/26/2013, 5:34 am

Nice intro, check out Black Sabbath as well. Ozzy rocks.
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggJ1939 7/26/2013, 8:17 am

Great intro! I hope to run across you in game, and if you need any help build something or just need materials, /msg me any time!
BiggJ1939
BiggJ1939
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

http://unexpecteddesign.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum