OsgaTharp
Big_Piglet
ExtraSauce
Greatjj
18 posters

Go down

Plugin Suggestion: Tree Assist Empty Plugin Suggestion: Tree Assist

Post by Greatjj 4/8/2013, 5:11 pm

Since one of the rules on the server is 'Cut down the entire tree' and Not everybody really follows it, making the landscape 1. Rather ugly with floating trees 2. Difficult to utilise. By that I mean hard to chop down for instance jungle trees cut in half since you have to tower to the top of the tree in which case you end up with a 1 x 1 tower.

This plugin Auto replants, Auto Destroys and uses up the tool like you normally would after cutting down the tree. Heres a link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/tree-assist/

Please consider it. If it won't be considered, it would be good if you can justify why Smile
Greatjj
Greatjj
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Plugin Suggestion: Tree Assist Empty Re: Plugin Suggestion: Tree Assist

Post by ExtraSauce 4/8/2013, 5:33 pm

I support this.
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Piglet 4/8/2013, 5:37 pm

I would think part of the problem would be the Derp Trees, the ones with logs randomly placed in the leaves. If it completely destroys the entire tree, even the leaves, that might be a nice thing to have.
Big_Piglet
Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp 4/8/2013, 5:43 pm

For single player this would be awesome, but the survival aspect of going out and chopping trees down for awhile is something that really shouldn't be thrown away. It's a survival server, I dont feel like something major like this should be altered, but this is just my opinion.

With this, I could probably clear a jungle in 5 minutes though, and that would be awesome.
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by NoahDooling 4/8/2013, 5:59 pm

I like this idea.
NoahDooling
NoahDooling
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by bandityogo 4/8/2013, 6:21 pm

Osgatharp wrote:For single player this would be awesome, but the survival aspect of going out and chopping trees down for awhile is something that really shouldn't be thrown away. It's a survival server, I dont feel like something major like this should be altered, but this is just my opinion.

yeah I agree with osga, it would probably ruin wood/ wood related items in the econmony, and make it TOO easy to get wood, but hey, it's not up to me, that's just my input.
bandityogo
bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by g4rr3tt1 4/8/2013, 6:41 pm

i agree with both Osga and you. It would help A LOT, and it would also be cleaner, but it does take some of the survival out. But i think it's still a good idea
g4rr3tt1
g4rr3tt1
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

https://www.youtube.com/RegionalRage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buwar0 4/8/2013, 6:55 pm

Greatjj wrote:jungle trees cut in half since you have to tower to the top of the tree in which case you end up with a 1 x 1 tower.

Not true, you can climb up the vines when cutting it down in the first place and cut the full thing down. PEOPLE ONLY THINK OF PILLARING!

Buwar0
Buwar0
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 4/8/2013, 7:40 pm

Believe it or not, we actually had this plugin installed at some point in the server's life, and to tell you the truth, while it was really useful for cutting down trees and eliminating floating trees, it also made quite a mess. Players who had built treehouses that got greifed (especially in the jungle biomes) were essentially destroyed in one hit, and logblock only fixed one block - the one log the player had chopped down initially.

Long story short, while this is a great plugin with great potential, it creates too many issues and upsets the survival aspect of our server.

I will keep this thread open for the time being.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 4/8/2013, 11:27 pm

Yeah basically what Madsci said. I remember us testing it. But I dont remember anything beyond that or why it was taken down. But the issue with lb makes sense. If it was compatible with LogBlock then that wouldnt be an issue. But it does make wood gathering too easy. Damn I miss mcMMO's tree feller...... 4 2x2 jungle tree's with 1 tree feller and a diamond axe! I could do that 2-3 times with 1 suped up diamond axe!
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk 4/8/2013, 11:54 pm

Could there be some sort of tree decay plug-in out there? One that will eliminate tree logs and leaves not connected to the ground or a user placed block automatically.
lordgonk
lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 4/9/2013, 12:01 am

How does it react to player placed blocks of wood, that's what I want to know.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mrjunix 4/9/2013, 6:34 am

It says in the config that the player chop assist is optional/ can be turned off.
It also says "Tree Destruction will only destroy the block types with the original ID" so it should not kill tree houses.

I don't want it to be easier to cut down trees either.

Perhaps take a look at this one
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/grief-prevention
https://youtu.be/RWekSeMi1OE
mrjunix
mrjunix
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 4/9/2013, 7:51 am

Kevo235 wrote:How does it react to player placed blocks of wood, that's what I want to know.
It reacts on the block ID, and not if it is placed or generated.

This plugin is almost the same as the 'tree feller ability' in mcmmo.
I did like the idea that you could only use it like.. every 5 min orso.

But still, it does take away a bit of the survival.
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 4/9/2013, 8:38 am

I've discussed this with some other people, and think IF we are seriously considering it, it should go something like this.

I'm not sure the exact time it takes to destroy a log, but for arguments sake lets use these values:

Wooden Axe - 2.5s
Stone Axe - 2s
Iron Axe - 1.5s
Diamond Axe - 1s
Super Awesome Enchanted Diamond Axe - 0.2s

Now lets do some math.
T = Time taken to destroy 1 log using the tool
N = Number of logs above log being destroyed. (Including any suspended in leaves)

We than use this formula

Total time to destroy 1 whole tree =

T+T(N) + 3

You have the time to destroy 1 log, added onto the time taken to destroy the other logs. The extra 3 seconds is mostly to nerf it a bit, and since the leaves will be removed too.

So, as an example lets say you have a stone axe and want to chop down a 6 block high tree. This will take you 15 seconds and the whole tree will be cut down. In Vanilla it would take 12 seconds, so not that big a difference.

This should remove the whole "Leveling a jungle in a minute", as it will take just under 2 mins to destroy a jungle tree with a diamond axe.

Without an axe it will work just like vanilla, since if you did need an axe, you'd have to use kits to begin with, and we'd have guests complaining they can't punch trees. Because of this there will still be floating trees, but hopefully we can inform people that axes level the whole tree.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatjj 4/9/2013, 12:08 pm

The points on easy grief and levelling an entire jungle do make a lot of sense, and I would understand why this plugin would not be added. But looking at the permission nodes on the forum page something has sprung up:

treeassist.destroy.* - access to tree-assist for all trees. sub nodes:
treeassist.destroy.birch
treeassist.destroy.jungle
treeassist.destroy.oak
treeassist.destroy.spruce

These are the permissions to the individual trees. Now I'm not sure how permissions work on this server but the problem could be evaded by simply removing the "treeassist.destroy.jungle" node from the code. This would 1. Prevent treehouse griefing (since most treehouses are built on jungle trees) 2. Prevent jungle leveling in short times.
Yes, removing the node will sort of leave the problem of floating trees in the jungle again but that means most of the other areas should be ok and that the only target biome for lousy treecutting would be the jungle. Thus meaning that there is a smaller range where floating trees is a problem.
That's pretty much my last argument for the plugin. Any more problems arosen and I wouldn't mind if it won't be considered.
Greatjj
Greatjj
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by realgriffin 4/9/2013, 1:30 pm

I got an idea for Pax the Plug-in Master. Could you modify the plug-in or make one so it breaks just wood logs and not wood planks? Then make a lockette type plug-in to lock the tower that has the ladders on it, so they can get to their tree house.
realgriffin
realgriffin
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Plugin Suggestion: Tree Assist Empty reply

Post by muskie_boy1 4/12/2013, 9:03 pm

i have noticed this problem around the server to so i think this would be a good add on to the server it would make the server look alot more nicer and more organized also it would make the server look more perfeshanal if that matters i definitly support this Plugin Suggestion: Tree Assist 758422
muskie_boy1
muskie_boy1
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandaz1 4/12/2013, 9:37 pm

muskie_boy1 wrote:i have noticed this problem around the server to so i think this would be a good add on to the server it would make the server look alot more nicer and more organized also it would make the server look more perfeshanal if that matters i definitly support this Plugin Suggestion: Tree Assist 758422

The thing I mainly don't understand, Is why players are too busy to knock down the trees on their own. Its not THAT much of an issue. Like, If it happens more with jungle trees then encourage players to knock the whole thing down, Or to get a staff member to assist with the last few parts.
Pandaz1
Pandaz1
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 4/12/2013, 10:03 pm

OK so the staff have considered the use of this plugin and we have decided that TreeAssist would cause more harm than good so therefore I am locking this thread.

Thanks for the suggestion anyways.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down