some sort of towny

3 posters

Go down

some sort of towny Empty some sort of towny

Post by Cadenp 4/4/2013, 5:59 pm

It would be nice to not only eliminate griefing but set up towny so we can protect our lands and plots and actually claim the blocks... Just a thought :)

Cadenp
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

some sort of towny Empty Re: some sort of towny

Post by Big_Piglet 4/4/2013, 6:09 pm

There's multiple towns, so protecting them all is both a hassle for the staff and a hassle for anyone wanting to move in. They can't give the town owners access to the tools required to protect an area. People have brought this up quite a few times.
Big_Piglet
Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

some sort of towny Empty block prot

Post by Cadenp 4/4/2013, 6:57 pm

Is there any way other then the sign on the door to protect your specific house then?

I know i used to run towny wayy back and the main owner of the towny plot could then sub plot the land and basciallys ell that portion to someone and they would techniqually be a part of the main big town yet have their own plot that they have all admin controls over.. Pretty cool concept.

Cadenp
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Piglet 4/4/2013, 7:02 pm

Areas are only ever protected under certain circumstances, and again, protecting everyone's house would be a huge hassle for the staff, and they can't give out the tools that would be required for someone to protect their own area.
Big_Piglet
Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

some sort of towny Empty truy

Post by Cadenp 4/4/2013, 7:06 pm

On old server i didn't think it was too tough, maybe has gotten much more crazy since my days, yet it was so easy and simple, just a simple /towny claim

Cadenp
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

some sort of towny Empty went

Post by Cadenp 4/4/2013, 7:07 pm

went off where you were standing and it claimed like a square block i think 10x10.

Cadenp
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Piglet 4/4/2013, 7:45 pm

Simply claiming land has it's own problems as well. There's something known as the G.I.F.T, the Greater Internet F-wad Theory. Give an anonymous person power and they'll ruin it for everyone. Claiming land was one of the reasons the server doesn't have factions for its pvp world - whenever someone brings it up, someone else points out people will claim stupidly large amounts of land, or a lot of small amounts, just because they can, and because it'd make it harder for the others.
Big_Piglet
Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 4/4/2013, 7:51 pm

Big_Piglet wrote:Simply claiming land has it's own problems as well. There's something known as the G.I.F.T, the Greater Internet F-wad Theory. Give an anonymous person power and they'll ruin it for everyone. Claiming land was one of the reasons the server doesn't have factions for its pvp world - whenever someone brings it up, someone else points out people will claim stupidly large amounts of land, or a lot of small amounts, just because they can, and because it'd make it harder for the others.

Yup. I think it's best the way it is, even though it has problems. It's all about the best possible scenario here and I think we've got it. I know it'd be nice to have something like that, but us staff don't have the time for it and we can't really trust people with that kind of power as logan said.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadenp 4/4/2013, 7:55 pm

Yea i understand, servers are not easy to just keep running..

Cadenp
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/4/2013, 8:05 pm

Okay, I'm curious about this towny thing. Even though I'm 99% sure it won't be implemented because no one ever seems to wan't it (probably for good reasons).

tl;dr version: What exactly would it mean if towny was included in oasis? What are most important changes this would bring about? and how exactly did towny work in the server you were in (for anyone here that's ever used towny) because I can only go by the wiki at the moment.
-----------------------------
sorry, I'm in essay mode (writing 4 reports in one night here we go)

Intro: Why do we need towny when staff can just logblock, roll everything back, and ban the person who did it?
If they're honest and really want to come back they can just submit a ban appeal. I don't know about you, but I like the current way better, because I don't like playing with people who grief or would grief, even if a pluggin or mod prohibits them from doing so.

questions: with this "towny thing"...
does it have anything to prevent players from claiming random spots of land in the middle of no where to annoy people? If not, I'd imagine it'd cause more hell then happy....
Examples:
-claiming diamond ore but not mining it
-claiming a giant @$$ area of good flat land for the sole purpose of denying people access to it

I've looked up towny and it brought even more questions:

-is the "admins can enable war time" event absolutely inculded in every towny? Or are there ways to modify that out? That would bring a huge modification to our playstyle, because pvp is not supposed to be enabled in the overworld- as we have a seperate world (being renovated again) for pvp only accessible through /warp pvp. It allows mild griefing, stealing, murdering, and access to flint/steel (granted fire spread is still disabled)
-Would the inclusion of towny require ALL land to be given a price, and bought throughout hierarchy? That would also bring another huge change, because it would make us lean way more on the economy then survival mode. It would also destroy any town based on a free-build system as opposed to plot based (ie. can town, and flaketown from last map)
-There seems to be many many ways to organize land. Would this cause more hassel then help to admins?

conclusion: see TL;DR verion at the top

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down