[ 7 ]
47% 47% 
[ 7 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

A Quick Question!

Post by lordgonk on 8/5/2012, 9:18 pm

OK, so many of my fellow Oasians have been coming up with many fun new mini-game ideas for 1.3! If all of them go through there will be a large amount of mini-games being run weekly. Now some people's views say that there will be an overload of mini-games. I've heard a few people state that when there was just the two of these mini-games, WS and GH, it was better. Now, I just wonder why people say that. What's wrong with extra mini-games? What makes just having those original two better?
I, personally believe that there is no harm in having many mini-games, it's actually much better. We will be able to compete in more fun events than before and get away from the plain old minecraft which gets dull for me at times. I'm excited to be able to play multiple mini-games each week or still have a chance to play one if I ever have conflicts with one. I see no harm in this phase of Oasis mini-games, but what harm do the naysayers see if all I wonder.

Answer your side on this topic and give an argument as to why below.

TL;DR: Some people dislike lots of mini-games, why?

Last edited by lordgonk on 8/5/2012, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Quick Question!

Post by Kevo235 on 8/5/2012, 9:20 pm

It's probably not their cup-o-tea. That's why I've never played a mini-game.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 8/5/2012, 10:46 pm

Personally, I'm a little split. I think Buildoff, WS, and GH are great ideas and definitely add to the Oasis community. But when these games start to crowd and we get to the point where theres a game every day, I think that people will get all worked up over these mine-games and lose sight of the actual game (ie minecraft) I think to remedy this we should have only WS, BO, and GH at regular times, because they're the ones that need regular maintenance. Piston Challenge and Wipeout(no offense Extra or Totalminer) should be more like spleef- impromptu events that don't have a schedule. And honestly I have no idea what to do about Hunger Games.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertPanda on 8/5/2012, 11:01 pm

The problem isn't too many mini games.
It's trying to have too many scheduled games, if you just has shit that people could do at any point in time it'd flow better. The way I see it right now, it's almost becoming a chore to participate in the games with this one happening on Tuesday and such and such happening on Thursday at 6pm EST sharp no exceptions. I don't know how it really is since I don't get a chance to participate, but it seems like it'd be bothersome to try and participate in every game that comes up.

InvertPanda
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jackOPSftw on 8/6/2012, 6:10 am

I personally think the Major ones are GH & WS.
Then comes (soon to be) Hunger games & Buildoff.

Then we can have, over the time, some of these minigames. But, we have to get heaps of minigames ideas together and make one great one.

jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 8/6/2012, 11:53 am

InvertPanda wrote:The problem isn't too many mini games.
It's trying to have too many scheduled games, if you just has shit that people could do at any point in time it'd flow better.

I'm totally with Neil here, games are a good way to pass time and enjoy your time with friends, but when there's way too many minigames, some people will want their minigames to be in certain times, and this will probally create some rage, and i think we should make a game limit, like 6 or 8.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 on 8/6/2012, 4:53 pm

mickdude2 wrote: And honestly I have no idea what to do about Hunger Games.
lol
I think the more, the merrier UNTIL about 8 or so, then it gets really hectic.

brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top