How do you become a mod/admin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you become a mod/admin?

Post by moomoomage on 11/27/2010, 3:07 pm

Hey all you mods and admins and ariley. I have been playing for quite some time now but I still dont know; How do you become a mod/admin?

moomoomage
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yarlly

Post by swfan333 on 11/27/2010, 4:53 pm

Being trusted or veteran also helps.

swfan333
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you become a mod/admin?

Post by Ariley on 11/28/2010, 11:37 am

ok, here's the word.

saetan's right, you can't apply for this position. mod/admin picking is very sporadic. that is, it happens not at a set interval, but when I think we need another one. It's not like trusted, where when you play for a couple days consistently, you pretty much know you're gonna get it.

also, being a mod/admin kind of changes the game a little. you have to do more policing for griefing and moderating arguments, which means less time to build and just play the game. I myself haven't actually played for more than a couple hours this week, because i've been doing so much work on improving the server.

as for qualifications- like I said, the times at which a new one are picked are selected by necessity, so even if you have all of these qualifications, you may or may not be selected. however, they include:
-Playing on the server long enough that I know you and trust you.
-Being active on the server consistently.
-Proving to the moderating team that you are experienced in minecraft.
-Having a friendly, helpful personality.
-While not necessary, having a working knowledge of the programming of minecraft servers. This includes knowing the mods and plugins we run, how they work, and how to diagnose problems with them.

This is not everything I look for, but it's a good place to start. If you're on the server playing just because you want to be a mod/admin, that's probably the wrong reason to play. We have a community of about 20-25 people who consistently play, and as such, we really don't need more than 5 or 6 mods/admins right now. If you really REALLY want an estimate about when the next one will be selected, I'd say probably within the week.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that playing on the server JUST because you want mod/admin probably isn't a great idea. There are 3 or 4 of you who I believe RIGHT NOW are qualified to be a mod, but you obviously can't all get it. As such, please don't be disappointed if the next mod is not you, and you believe you're qualified.

Please enjoy playing on the server. Mod/admin is cool and all, but it's not the point of the game. There is also Veteran rank to keep your eye on. Have fun, and I'm going to continue working to improve the server as much as possible!

-Ariley

Ariley
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top