Promotion Building

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Promotion Building

Post by MrShatang on 4/8/2012, 9:26 pm

Hey guys I just wanted your opinions and thoughts on the idea of a promotion building. This is where people would go to get promoted to a higher rank. I think it would be cool and the way it would work is that there would be a date for promotions and a time. If you were not there at that date or time then you would have to wait until the next promotion date. Im not saying we have to do this. In my opinion it would be cool though. Just post your thoughts and opinions below.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Promo builidng

Post by vampiresfire on 4/8/2012, 9:31 pm

in theory i like the idea but Oasis membership spans from the western Americas to eastern Europe so because of login times it would be impractical. I do like the idea of having a building that lists the promotions for a given month perhaps with its own warp.

vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Promotion Building

Post by madscientist032 on 4/8/2012, 9:54 pm

2 things.

1. We have a thread here on the forums that is usually (98% of the time) updated with the latest promotions, and the majority of the community knows to check there when promos have happened.

2. Not to be a dick, but our promotion schedule / method / style / thing has been well established (as far as I can remember). We have monthly updates - assuming that the server is up-to-date with the latest Minecraft version and the latest version of Bukkit (plus the myriad of plugins) and the staff will announce them in-game.

Although I do like the idea of having a warp that has the names of all those who were promoted, it would be redundant (see point number one).

Good idea though. bounce

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair on 4/8/2012, 10:32 pm

I was thinking about doing this a week ago for my new city that I will build. If there is going to be one, I want to be the one to build it.

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 4/8/2012, 10:50 pm

commander_chair wrote: I was thinking about doing this a week ago for my new city that I will build. If there is going to be one, I want to be the one to build it.

Does this mean that Commander City will be making a return? That was the first city I built in! And James flooded it... and built a giant 1x1 tower... good times.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair on 4/9/2012, 7:18 am

mickdude2 wrote:
commander_chair wrote: I was thinking about doing this a week ago for my new city that I will build. If there is going to be one, I want to be the one to build it.

Does this mean that Commander City will be making a return? That was the first city I built in! And James flooded it... and built a giant 1x1 tower... good times.
I think you are thinking of another city, because that never happened in the cities i built.

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 4/9/2012, 8:23 am

In 1.0 old the 1.8 warp points were still there, it's possible someone built a new town on Commander City's warp.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 4/9/2012, 5:44 pm

commander_chair wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:

I think you are thinking of another city, because that never happened in the cities i built.

No it happened. And that house was made out of cobble, so Dixi lbed it all then helped me build a new one.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top