1.2.5 update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1.2.5 update

Post by mickdude2 on 4/4/2012, 5:09 pm

Well another update is out! oasis is now 2 whole updates behind. How close are we to 1.2.4?

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.2.5 update

Post by InitialBN on 4/4/2012, 6:14 pm

Why did that get negatively voted...?

Ah, well, we know about the update, but I don't know if we will update until an RB for 1.2.5.

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Minor Changes

Post by MrShatang on 4/4/2012, 6:27 pm

They are very small updates. I don't think we should update unless it is a big one like 1.3. There is only minor changes being made and it is not like we must have them.

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J8cob1 on 4/4/2012, 6:52 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Well another update is out! oasis is now 2 whole updates behind. How close are we to 1.2.4?

Lol

Bukkit guys are slacking :)

J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 4/4/2012, 6:56 pm

The only problem is that if we keep staying on 1.2.3 and keep on waiting for stuff to update then we will never update. Once the next version of Minecraft comes out then everybody works to update their mods or plugins or what have you. We all know this cycle.

Personally, staying on 1.2.3 (or any other prior version) means that players (including new players) won't be able to enjoy Oasis to its fullest. It also means that people who want to play on the newest version of MC will update and play on other servers, thus making our server community a little less awesome. I've only seen a handful of players online at any given time. I've rarely seen the /list count show more than 10 people since 1.2.4 came out.

At this point, I'm almost prefer to have 1.2.5 temp map while we get plugins updated (as much as everybody else will probably shudder at the thought of a temporary map). Maybe the staff members can go on other servers that are updated to 1.2.5 and are using Bukkit and see what plugins they are using so that Oasis can update faster. I know of a couple servers that are usually updated to the current version of Minecraft within a week or so of its release, but I'm not going to say them here.

Bottom line here is that I don't want to see Oasis fall apart because of these frequent updates. I've enjoyed myself here and I want to continue having fun on Oasis just as much as everybody else does.

Just my thoughts...

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 4/4/2012, 7:20 pm

I'd rather have temp maps than Oasis dying, although it should be fine after 1.2.5. After that hopefully Mojang can get it right first time and won't have to fix it's bug every other week.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamole on 4/4/2012, 7:56 pm

Taccypoo wrote:I'd rather have temp maps than Oasis dying, although it should be fine after 1.2.5. After that hopefully Mojang can get it right first time and won't have to fix it's bug every other week.

would be nice.....

but that doesn't happen often :((

dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amadgunslinger on 4/4/2012, 9:19 pm

Well this is what i was saying the other day, i really want to just update.... i am very sick of no one being on, and well as Mad said above,

"No new players can join", and oasis will be just a thing of the past.

Ok one question i would like to know, when bukkit updates, can oasis go ahead and start on 1.2.5, and then when the plugins update to 1.2.5 add them in?

amadgunslinger
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/amadgunslinger/

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully on 4/4/2012, 11:47 pm

Bukkit is updated. It's just a matter of the plugins and executing it.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Croky1 on 4/5/2012, 7:40 am

MrShatang wrote:They are very small updates. I don't think we should update unless it is a big one like 1.3. There is only minor changes being made and it is not like we must have them.

If we did do that, more people would have to downgrade, which is a pain for most people already.

We just have to wait until no more updates come out in a while.

+ No more new players would be able to join, and as Amad said: "Oasis would be a thing of the past".

Last edited by Croky1 on 4/5/2012, 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added stuff in)

Croky1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top