The Oasian

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Oasian

Post by ExtraSauce on 3/28/2012, 4:36 pm

Hayoo dear fellas,

As a bunch of new ideas are hovering around, i said, ''Why not go and make mine?'' So i did, and here it is, a Oasis newsletter, informing you every interrising news and stoof you would like to know every 1 or 2 weeks. Yay (?)

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great idea

Post by Battleaxe365 on 3/28/2012, 4:54 pm

This seems like a great idea, I'm just not completely sure what it is. Is it like a newspaper or something?

Battleaxe365
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Oasian

Post by ExtraSauce on 3/28/2012, 5:00 pm

Battleaxe365 wrote:This seems like a great idea, I'm just not completely sure what it is. Is it like a newspaper or something?

Yes, updated every week

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbeylw on 3/28/2012, 5:26 pm

..Do we really get that much news though.

Abbeylw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

@ extra

Post by vampiresfire on 3/28/2012, 5:47 pm

i like the idea but staff seem to be fairly secretive about what they are up to and other people like myself are sometimes secretive about what we are doing and where we are. given that your either going to have people submit stuff to your news thing or try to get staff to be more open about whats going on on their end could be interesting either way.

Edit #1- it would definitely be a cool format to talk about community events that are scheduled and a good place to talk about plugin updates and ideas that people may have not seen during the week for example one section could be about people applying for vet or people with new ideas or suggestions.

Edit #2- of course the primary limiting factor would be that this would still be on the forums where all the other stuff is and it would be redundant if you posting about something that is still in the latest post area but in any case there is definitely some interesting things you could do with this.

Edit #3- yeah there are alot things this news paper thing could do but it might be the ideal place for people to anonymously post things about the server they may not be comfortable talking with staff directly about given some people are intimidated by the staff. so for the first thing it would be like an advertisement asking people to voice their thoughts about the server in general with assurance you would not post their name. if this type of paradigm caught on and i am correct about people being nervous about saying things they think might be unpopular with oasis leadership such a format could provide an excellent place to discuss such things anonymously and perhaps in a more open format after a time.

vampiresfire
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 3/29/2012, 4:42 pm

• 256 Black Tall Towers invade Oasis

Since the start of Minecraft, those pesky Dirt/Cobble/Wooden (Or whatever material they're made of) towers have been annoying our server. Not only ours thought, those towers give the feeling that the server is disorganized and give a very bad atmosphere to the whole place. Not only that, but with the arrival of 1.2 came a new block height limit... Well, what to say? Now those towers are bigger!
Even thought the staff is working on it, some members of it are starting to take their ways. But that is the-other-way-round for Kevo, which states that some of those ''Towers'' can bring inspiration. ‘’The First tower was in since I’m pretty sure the very first day. It looked like a grief,but I based my tower on that and something I’d done in the past. When I first joined, there were a tower like those ones, a hole in the middle, blocks on the sides. So, I figured with the new height limit, I’d do the same thing. I made it an interesting design and called it a tower, there’s a hole in the middle you can jump and land perfectly safe on cobweb, almost sort like a amusement park.’’ says Kevo, which made a tower right by spawn.

________________________________________________Kevo's Tower__________________________________________________________

• Upcoming Promos

Promotions. Yes, the promotions that everyone awaits, the promotions who were supposedly meant to be made on start of March are now going to be announced on April. With so many good people running for such ranks, these promos are going to give alot of happy faces... That, with alot of sad faces.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• New Town Arises from the Dead

After a long period without creation of a new Jacobstown, a new one is finally being built. ''I'm doing it again, with a different style, again.'' Says lcfrasso, the owner of the town, and also states that the town is now using the ''Steampunk'' style, and the main idea came from Columbia, from Bioshock Infinite, he also states.

__________________Jacobstown IV

• Andrew is alive, as his last topic speaks about, would that be because of the promos? Or just because he loves us and misses everyone? <3

• Nick, also known as Ntr323, left Oasis last week, and left alot of amazing history and good friends, he will be missed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
New Members and Promotions
None since this is the first edition

• What's your thought? New map for 1.2.4

‘’I’d survive but it’d suck to lose stuff. It’s up to staff to decide.’’ – Evan
‘’I’m fine as long as my house gets saved, but I don’t want to change the map.’’ –Bonzix
‘’Spawn is not in a good location, everything is griefed, I say yes. Rather do it now when there aren't so much big builds and also because people knew this map wasn't 100% perm.'' -Taccypoo
"A new map is always a fresh start for the server. It's like painting. Hang up the finished painting, start a new one"- Kevo235

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully on 3/29/2012, 10:35 pm

This is cool, seeing the server from an informational point of view, keep it up. Also, I think the What Do You Think column is interesting.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 4/3/2012, 9:47 pm

I like, very much, I brings the good information. I thought it should be more like a real news letter, but online of course. maybe a link or something that will pop-up if you click on it. Make it look like a real news letter, give a weekly poll and maybe a funnies section. It would just be great to see this expand into something truly great. Although I am aware that it would be pretty time consuming but if a group or committee formed to create it together it would be easier and faster.

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amadgunslinger on 4/4/2012, 10:59 am

This is not half bad, something i actually enjoyed reading through :D

I may enjoy seeing a newsletter like thing every week or so :D

amadgunslinger
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/amadgunslinger/

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 4/4/2012, 12:32 pm

lordgonk wrote:I like, very much, I brings the good information. I thought it should be more like a real news letter, but online of course. maybe a link or something that will pop-up if you click on it. Make it look like a real news letter, give a weekly poll and maybe a funnies section. It would just be great to see this expand into something truly great. Although I am aware that it would be pretty time consuming but if a group or committee formed to create it together it would be easier and faster.

I tried everything, and this is the only way i could do it... Yes, i didn't want it like this, but i couldn't have done better, if you give me something to work with i will try my best.

Also, no new posts this weeks because i accidentaly updated

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 4/4/2012, 4:38 pm

32 Diamonds later, this came along... Your welcome, oasis! xD

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 4/12/2013, 12:17 pm

Looking for an active Oasis team to start this again, contact me in game or send me a PM in forums/game if interrested. :)

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top