I invited someone to play on the server and we were banned?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I invited someone to play on the server and we were banned?!

Post by bloo280 on 2/8/2012, 5:23 pm

I was playing on Oasis and thought it was a great idea to invite one of my friends to play as well. So, I gave him the IP address when I saw him. Next thing you know, BroadStreetBully bans us for griefing. I have several issues with this. Number one, to know that someone griefed, you have to see them do it more than once. Me and KnightStalker didn't grief at all. Number two, the protection with Oasis is too high. They see you destroy some block and they are like, "You're griefing!!!" and this happens EVEN WHEN I AM RECONSTRUCTING MY HOUSE. Last and not least number three, my friend told me he was selling things at his shop and got banned anyways. How can selling stuff ban you? SERIOUSLY?

bloo280
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I invited someone to play on the server and we were banned?!

Post by Heisenberg on 2/8/2012, 5:30 pm

>to know that someone griefed, you have to see them do it more than once.

By that logic everyone can go around griefing as long as they only do it once.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloo280 on 2/8/2012, 5:32 pm

Taccypoo wrote:>to know that someone griefed, you have to see them do it more than once.

By that logic everyone can go around griefing as long as they only do it once.
I actually meant having proof. (Sorry about that)

bloo280
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 2/8/2012, 5:44 pm

He have LogBlock. This allows us to list all the changes made to a certain block and gives a list of all the block changes a player has made. All staff use this to find griefers and it never, ever lies. If it said you griefed, then you griefed. I'm not sure what you griefed, or how big it was. It's up to Broad whether or not you deserve another chance, I don't know the size of the grief, or if it was your house.

Regarding your last 2 points: Do you like being griefed? Many people say we ban too many people, then whine when they find out one of those people griefed them. If people feel like they were unjustly banned, then they can do what you did and appeal. Lastly, your friend must have done something he convieniently forgot to tell you, like you said, banning someone for selling is (usually) ridiculous.

Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wedell2 on 2/8/2012, 6:37 pm

I hate it when people say "I did'nt greif it was that guy i'm being wrongly accused!" It wont get you anywhere my friend. LB never lies so you an your friends stop lieing and trying to get away with it. It just gets a bit old :P.

wedell2
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloo280 on 2/9/2012, 4:49 pm

wedell2 wrote:I hate it when people say "I did'nt greif it was that guy i'm being wrongly accused!" It wont get you anywhere my friend. LB never lies so you an your friends stop lieing and trying to get away with it. It just gets a bit old :P.
My friend told me he was at his shop the whole time. I guess I'll have to give up inviting five people to this server. -_-

bloo280
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloo280 on 2/9/2012, 4:51 pm

wedell2 wrote:I hate it when people say "I did'nt greif it was that guy i'm being wrongly accused!" It wont get you anywhere my friend. LB never lies so you an your friends stop lieing and trying to get away with it. It just gets a bit old :P.
By the way, I wasn't accusing anyone else...... Exclamation

bloo280
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wedell2 on 2/9/2012, 5:13 pm

bloo280 wrote:
By the way, I wasn't accusing anyone else...... Exclamation

iI'm not accusing anyone i'm just making a point to you.

Laughing

wedell2
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 2/9/2012, 5:24 pm

lol if LB says this guy griefed, he griefed. You're argument is invalid.

If you REALLY feel this was wrong, make another plug-in that is better than LogBlock and try it again. the results shall not differ.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloo280 on 2/9/2012, 5:29 pm

mickdude2 wrote:lol if LB says this guy griefed, he griefed. You're argument is invalid.

If you REALLY feel this was wrong, make another plug-in that is better than LogBlock and try it again. the results shall not differ.
I was building houses. I don't like to grief at all. I have no clue where I griefed. If I did, I feel sorry for myself. Crying or Very sad

bloo280
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 2/9/2012, 5:34 pm

Well were you building in the right place? I know once I had a temp ban for griefing, and didn't know where i griefed. Turns out my brother hacked my account and F***ed me up. Could this have happened to you? Make sure you cover your bases and ask ALL questions to make sure you didn't do something that caused something that caused the ban.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wedell2 on 2/9/2012, 5:35 pm

bloo280 wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:lol if LB says this guy griefed, he griefed. You're argument is invalid.

I was building houses. I don't like to grief at all. I have no clue where I griefed. If I did, I feel sorry for myself. Crying or Very sad

Wow your just going to keep this going. T he facts all eqal up to you or your freinds whatever greifing or doing omething illeagal! The facts are your not getting un-banned and i'm pretty sure no one else cares. Not to soun mean or anything.

wedell2
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloo280 on 2/9/2012, 5:37 pm

wedell2 wrote:
bloo280 wrote:

Wow your just going to keep this going. T he facts all eqal up to you or your freinds whatever greifing or doing omething illeagal! The facts are your not getting un-banned and i'm pretty sure no one else cares. Not to soun mean or anything.

I'm done. I'm going to quit this server and go to another. I will take revenge. tongue Twisted Evil

bloo280
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloo280 on 2/9/2012, 5:40 pm

bloo280 wrote:
wedell2 wrote:
bloo280 wrote:

I'm done. I'm going to quit this server and go to another. I will take revenge. tongue Twisted Evil
In fact, I will raise a server to make it popular by inviting my thirty minecraft friends there. Laughing

bloo280
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloo280 on 2/9/2012, 5:44 pm

wedell2 wrote:
bloo280 wrote:

I made this post to make a point, not to get unbanned.

bloo280
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 2/9/2012, 6:19 pm

Good luck with your server.
Also seeing as this has just turned into an arguement
Thread locked.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top